“First time "Drive By" Customer: Totally Amazing”

Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sutherlin
Victoria, Canada
“First time "Drive By" Customer: Totally Amazing”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

My husband and I were driving back from a California road trip back up into Canada.
We saw a sign $49.95, were tired and pulled in. Honestly......we were expecting a sub standard place for that kind of money.
AMAZING...........modern, clean, with awesome room (all Non Smoking)
The room had 2 large beds, flat screen TV, desk area and even a window seat!
Everything looked brand new and the duvets and beds were sooooooooo comfie!
Stephanie at the front desk was to be commended as I asked first about WIFI and Laundry.
She was exceptionally efficient and ensured we were on Floor 3 for ease of access to the laundry facilities.
Bathroom clean and had lovely ammeties.
Altho close to highway we had no noise at all.
Breakfast dowstairs was really a step above the usual dry muffin, juice and muffin. (Complimentary with stay)
I signed up in their Awards Program and will certainly look them up for further business/fun travelleling.

Room Tip: Choose Floor 3.Quiet with easy access to ice and laundry
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
heritagehotelmgmt, Owner at Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
So glad you discovered us! All of our staff is terrific and thanks for recognizing our wonderful Stephanie. You mentioned some of our breakfast items and I wanted to point out to everyone that our breakfast includes a variety of hot and cold cereals, variety of muffins and bagels, Yoplait yogurt, fresh whole fruit, Maxwell House coffee, Florida's Natural juice and other items as well. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Bothell, Washington
Reviewed April 23, 2012

When I booked my reservation, knowing it was a pet-friendly hotel, due to allergies I requested a pet-free room. At the very least, I expected a room that had been cleaned thoroughly. They gave me a room on the first floor. The entire downstairs smelled of barbecue sauce, and not in a good way. The room itself stank of wet dog. I mentioned this to the front desk and they immediately and cheerfully moved me to a room on the second floor, which smelled okay. When checking out (different staff at front desk), they asked how my stay was so I mentioned the bit about moving, acknowledging there was no problem with being moved. They apologized for the inconvenience and immediately went to check the first-floor room. The night clerk (same one who checked me in) had put someone else in that room. I felt bad for them, but maybe they're dog people and didn't mind the aroma. Still, the hotel was nowhere near full.

There was a lot of highway noise so I didn't sleep well. The breakfast offerings included stale bagels and cereal, plus some fruit. But it wasn't expensive and as I mentioned, the staff was very nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
heritagehotelmgmt, Owner at Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thanks for recognizing our terrific staff and the value we offer. Also glad we responded immediately and moved you to a clean room. It is highly unusual for a guest to experience an unclean room in our hotel - our guest feedback scores on cleanliness are about as high as they can get. The BBQ smell was emanating from our Umpqua Valley Room where Henry Estates Winery was pouring their award winning wines free for our guests. We provide finger foods to accompany the wines. Too bad you didn't partake! You also failed to mention all of the choices in our breakfast, including 2 types of bagels, 3 types of muffins, multiple cold and hot cereals, fresh whole fruit, Yoplait yogurt, Maxwell House Coffee and Florida's Natural juice available 24/7. And, if you want something beyond our generous continental breakfast we offer for your convenience breakfast sandwiches for purchase. So, i challenge you to find a more comfortable stay, pleasant and professional staff, quality continental breakfast along with free wine tasting and additional breakfast choices (as well as Apple Peddler restaurant next door) for a more reasonable rate.
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Tammy, Stephine, Laura and all the rest of the staff, ( housekeepers and all ) are very pleasant people to be around. We have stayed at this Inn many times and have had the best of care . No matter what has been needed all members of this Inn have gone out of their way to make sure our needs have been met. They do their best to provide the best information of the area, and always answer all of our questions to the best of thier knowledge. We love this place, the prices are reasonable, and we will keep comming back. Would recommend this lovely place to anyone. Would also recommend this Inn to "Commercial Truck Drivers", their is lined and paved parking here with easy access to and from freeways. Food and stores are within walking distance.

Room Tip: All the rooms to the East side of the Inn are the quietist because of "Freeways" being on...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Sequim
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We have stayed there many times. The last was December 29, 2011.
Everything on that trip was Business as usual. Our normal routine going to AZ and back is the same. Microtel Sutherlin, Microtel in Ceres, CA and then Days INN Palm Springs (Formally The Palm Court Inn) and reverse. We were coming back this week and were looking forward to the usual at the three locations. Got up this morning and went down for the Contential Breakfast. WHOA! NO Waffles! They have taken out the Waffle Maker, the Coffee was not what we were used to either. The selection of food was two childrens cerals, Rice Krispies and Raisin Bran for the adults. Small Muffins and Bagels!
WHY You ASK? They now want to SELL you Breakfast off their VALUE MEAL Menu! Something like an Egg MCMuffin was $2.50.
Three Packs of Starbuck's Coffe was $3.00! Threre was Yougart ETC!
My comment to the manager was, "If you want to sell food, BUY a Resturant!"
Both My wife and I were Greatly Dissapointed The Breakfast is WHY we choose one location over another, when everything else is EQUAL!
We will be looking for a new location in the Roseburg/Sutherlin area in the future!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler1Sequim
heritagehotelmgmt, Owner at Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thanks for rating us high and we hope to see you again. Need to clarify a couple of items you commented on. Our breakfast options and quality have actually increased. We've done so based on the input of our guests. Examples include: coffee is now Maxwell House rather than a non-brand, juice is Florida's Natural rather than a non-brand, we offer 4 different types of cold cereals, a variety of hot cereals, 3 new types of muffins, 2 types of bagels, at least 2 types of fresh whole fruit, and a variety of Yoplait yogurts. Coffee, juice, teas and cocoa are all available 24/7. Most guests tell us that is a pretty impressive continental breakfast! The items we offer for purchase are simply for the convenience of our guests who prefer something more than a continental breakfast. Since we don't make a reasonable profit on them we have no reason to push you to purchase them - we just want our guests to have options! You can certainly pay more for a hotel that offers more than a full, hot breakfast. But if you are looking for comfort and quality with an excellent continental breakfast, you won't find a better value than Microtel.
Puyallup
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Tammy and the rest of the staff at this hotel were amazing. This past week, when my mother passed away, our family gathered in Sutherlin and stayed in multiple rooms at this hotel. We were treated like Microtel Family--every member of the staff was very warm, congenial, and helpful. One of my nieces thought she left her iPod in her room after they had checked out and left for California, and everyone was so gracious about going back to the room to check it for us, checking the safe and the log. Later that day, after we had checked out and called my niece on our way back to Washington, we learned that she had found it in a secret pocket in her backpack. But, it was just so wonderful to see that customer service is alive and well at the Microtel in Sutherlin--that seems to be a trait that people just don't have time or patience for anymore.

Thank you to this wonderful staff!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
heritagehotelmgmt, Owner at Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Thanks for recognizing the efforts of the entire staff. Manager Tammy really does create an atmosphere in which genuine concern for our guest's comfort comes through with excellent service.
Nevada County, CA
Reviewed February 22, 2012

The room was very compact, we were worried too small, but it was laid out beautifully and had everything we needed! It was comfortable, clean, quiet. The bed was too firm for us, but we realize that is our preference not everyones. Laura checked us in and was very pleasant and helpful as was the lady who checked us out in the morning. Sorry I did not get her name. We liked the idea we could get upgraded breakfast items with a coupon given at check-in. We will be back.

Room Tip: We asked at check in for a quiet room and where placed away from the freeway.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 2travelers07
heritagehotelmgmt, Owner at Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay and for pointing out our new breakfast items. For those that want something beyond our excellent continental breakfast, we now offer for your convenience and enjoyment Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, Fernando's breakfast burritos, and Starbucks VIA coffee for purchase.
Springfield, Oregon
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I arrived at the Sutherlin Microtel a few hours before the check in time. I was allowed to check in early. The person attending the front desk was helpful in providing information that made my stay perfect. The room was spotless and I was given the choice of what floor I wanted my room on.

A nice surprise was that the evening I stayed a local winery was having a wine tasting and all guests were invited.

I will be suggesting this motel to friends and relatives.

Room Tip: As a woman traveling alone I chose the second floor. But with the elavator on right as you come in...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
heritagehotelmgmt, Owner at Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Delighted you were able to enjoy our Saturday wine tastings. We feature one of the many excellent Umpqua Valley wineries that surround Sutherlin every Saturday from 5 to 9. We can also help you if you wish to tour the wineries in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutherlin
Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge
#4 of 15 in Roseburg
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 15 in Roseburg

Been to Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR? Share your experiences!