“Over priced, under delivered” 2 of 5 bubbles

Pedotti's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Sutherlin
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Springfield, OR
“Over priced, under delivered”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were headed through on the end of a day's road trip. Travelling with 7 and 3 year old girls. The menu prices were comparative to Olive Garden- but no awesome bread sticks or salad (don't get me wrong, I am not promoting OG as fine Italian Cuisine. I'm just using it as a recognizable bench mark). The starter was some cold the shelf bread. We ordered Fettucini Alfredo from the "light portions" menu and added chicken for the kids. It was just the right amount of food for them to share. Husband ordered Tomatoe & Basil linguini. I could tell by looking the tomatoes were canned. I didn't try the dish, but hubs said I have made better. He said the pasta was perfectly cooked, but there was no sauciness to it at all- just a little oil and the juice from the canned tomatoes and jarred minced garlic. Really? For $16.95, we expected some love. BUT! The minestrone soup was decent, he said.

The girl's alfredo was rich and creamy and good. Just good. Not $11.99 good. They simply grilled (as in kitchen grill, not BBQ) the chicken, cut it and mixed it in. Nothing special.
My pizza was actually the highlight. The crust was light and the ingredients seemed fresher than the other dishes.

My husband and I aren't small people- but we're not fatties either and the booth was way too small. We couldn't even have our menus open at the same time as we sat across from each other because one would cover up the other. Not kidding. And it was DARK in there. Oh.., and while the fresh flowers on the table were a nice touch, the brownish/yellow water in the vase was pretty gross.

So- the meh food, combined with the super cramped and cheesy atmosphere... equals a "poor" rating. Make the seats more comfortable and pay the power bill and I would have given them an "average". If you're hungry in Sutherlin, do fast food and save your $ for Heaven on Earth, a little farther South, or excellent Italian food at Mazzi's in Eugene, a little farther North.

Oh- and the bill was $39.56 for 1 entre, a mini pizza, a dish off the "light portions" menu, 1 glass of wine and a soda. So, really- we're used to spending $40 to go out for dinner- but that's for QUALITY.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ortraveler399

• Korean first
Grass Valley, California
“Pleasant surprise for this small town on I-5.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had an overnight stop and were pleased to find this nice alternative to the usual pit stop restaurants. The atmosphere was family oriented and pleasant. The staff was very nice and attentive. The food wasn't gourmet but it was tasty and priced well. I wanted a pesto spaghetti dish but they were out of pesto (boo) so I had the chicken Alfredo lasagna and my wife had a pizza. The wine pour was great, a full glass of local wine for the tired travelers. We will return if we stay in Sutherlin again.

• Visited October 2013
Tucson
“Small local restaurant with atmosphere and good Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We walked to Pedottiś from where we were overnighting in Sutherlin (we are on a 3-week road trip), so it was very convenient. I had a good impression the minute we walked in....not only did we receive a friendly greeting but I liked the decor.....the restaurant had ambiance plus it was obvious that the owners cared how the restaurant looked.

Sutherlin is a small town of 7,000 or so off of I-5 so neither my husband nor I knew what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed our dinner. Pedottiś offers a wide variety of Italian food and local wine by both glass and bottle. My husband liked his lasagna, and my entree salad was delicious. Both of us loved the garlic bread. We skipped dessert.

We also enjoyed chatting briefly with our waiter, a young man who currently attends the local community college. He had lots of energy, was polite, and had a sense of humor, all of which contributed to our positive experience.

• Visited September 2013
North Houston, Texas
“Great Italian Food, Great Local Winelist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We liked Pedotti's so much that after having dinner there, we came back in the very next night after a day of wine tasting in the area. The place is not visible from the I-5 freeway and doesn't advertise on the freeway signs, so you have to know it's there, but it's worth taking the Sutherlin exit if you're looking for a great meal. It's standard Italian fare - lots of pastas, calzones, and pizza as well as entrees like veal parmagiana and Italian sausage - but it's all done very, very well. And we especially appreciated the wine list being heavily weighted towards local wineries which gave us a chance to try some of the wines we'd missed earlier in the day.

• Visited September 2013
Sutherlin, Oregon, United States
“Tastiest in the NORTHWEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Always the tastiest, most fresh, inspired ITALIAN food, pizza, seafood!
We are SO lucky to have a WORLD CLASS Italian restuarant Right here
in SUTHERLIN, Oregon---JUST off I-5. YOU MUST come and visit and eat with us here!

• Visited July 2013