“Delicious but pricey...”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Deschutes Roadhouse Bar & Bistro
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Two of us had an enjoyable dinner here on a weeknight. The "date night" special was $35 a piece for a full meal. The salad was excellent with a great blue cheese dressing, the white wine that accompanied it was delicious. We both had salmon on saffron rice. The presentation was excellent and tasted great. The warm brownie and ice cream was tasty as well. Excellent service and, from what my friend who is local said, the decor is a huge improvement from previous establishments at this location. I would rated it 5 stars but the menu needed more price diversity for my local friend to return. We will give them another try.

2  Thank dunn2002

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This place just isn't good. The food was bland but expensive. The service was ok, but not enough to compensate for poor food.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was expecting a lot more due to the other post.. My advise is don't waste your time or money here. I was there and it was really uncomfortable having the wait staff staring at us when we ate. Not to mention that the food was average at best, defiantly not worth what we paid. In my opinion they have a lot of work to do. I really want to give 1 star but hearing that they are a newer restaurant I will mark 2 stars in hopes that they make it and get in a better grove.

1  Thank Jill t
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We so appreciate having another quality dining option in Sunriver! The food is excellent- blackened swordfish was perfect (though I wasn't a huge fan of the sauce) and the service was extremely prompt, friendly, and comfortable. We'll be going back regularly.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was by far one of the best meals we have ever shared. We were visiting from CA and had a party of 10. We were seated right away by the friendly staff. They have only been open a few short weeks - but you would never know it. We had the bruchetta, and tomato/mozz salad. Both were awesome. We ordered steaks, seafood pasta, pork chops, ravioli and Mac and cheese. All were excellent. You can tell the chefs and owner cares about quality ingredients and presentation. We were impressed - and that is hard for a family that dines out as much as we do. We also tried the bread pudding, berry pie, carrot cake and choc sundae. So good!!! You won't be sorry you went. Plan to go twice if you can during your visit.

1  Thank Valley_Mom5