“Excellent food, great service”

Village Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Sunriver
Cuisines: American
Shelton, Washington
“Excellent food, great service”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We loved the seafood, fries, and the service. I could go into a lengthy review, but I would just be repeating myself. Good food, great service, I will eat here again for sure!

• Visited April 2014

Portland, OR
“Decent food, plus kids eat free on Tuesdays”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Came here by chance after another restaurant we wanted to go to had a 45 minute wait and we decided to go somewhere else. We were greeted promptly and seated after a short wait. It turned out that kids would eat any of the items from the kids' menu for free on the evening we visited.

The menu is mainly burgers, salads, sandwiches, and so on. I had the strip steak, which was perfectly cooked to medium and very tasty. Kids loved their kids' menu burgers and chicken strips. Fries were awesome. The only food item not so good was the mushroom and swiss burger my wife had and which had way too much garlic.

Prices were as expected for this sort of place, overall food was decent and the kids ate free which is a proposition that is hard to beat. Add in a couple of tasty local brews for the adults and you have a mostly winning dining experience.

• Visited March 2014
Ashland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food, drink and chocolate cake too!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Like this place a lot. Big improvement in all areas since the move to the new building. Charles runs a friendly bar, good food and service, excellent wings, and a chocolate cake that doesn't quit. Good for the family, or just friends out for the evening. Cheers!

Lakewood, Washington, United States
“Great place for a large group”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had a party of 10 last night (a Friday, lots of people in the village) and tried to get in at the local brew pub. Long wait, so we decided to give this a try. They got us in right away. Because the restaurant and bar are separated it was much quieter, even though every table looked to be full. Excellent food, good variety, service was perfect. We will definitely go back.

• Visited February 2014
Eugene, Oregon
“Food makes up for poor service”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

First impression at the bar: warm martini in a tumbler (bartender: we're busy but there's just as much in there). I'm sorry, but it's warm. I don't think it was shaken. "Well it totally was." But it's warm. Reluctantly: "What do you want me to do?" My wife: Could you put some ice in it? Handed back two cubes later with the bill. Wouldn't consider coming back to this bar.

Being seated for dinner:
Waiter did not introduce himself but friendly enough. The food was excellent in quality and quaintity. I would return.