“Great Day, great experience, a must do!”
Review of The Paulina Plunge

The Paulina Plunge
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Sunriver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Paulina Plunge Downhill Waterfall Mt.Bike Tour is a wet and wild family adventure for all active ages 4 to 70. We will descend over six miles down a smooth forest trail, where our friendly guides will lead you to six pristine waterfalls and two natural water slides. Exploring this natural water park will be the highlight of your Central Oregon vacation.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a great day, we were well taken care of by experienced guides. Mike took great care showed us a great day of fun and adventure. We were a group of 10, Ages 13 to 51, st aFor me I was the least in shape and the oldest of the group. I took it slow and knew my limitations and I made it down the plunge, and I just kept a good mental frame and I was never scared just stayed focus. The walks to the falls were the most challenging for me but I took my time and left a few mintues earlier so that I don't slow down the rest. Mike out guide was the BEST and soooo cool and kind. He made the day for all of us and the ki.ds were laughing and have a great day. We highly reccomend this and remember if you feel have that you don't phyical ability, I did it and just kept a positive outlook and I was beaming from ear to ear at the end. These guys are all great guys, they ran a great outing for us. Don't forget to tip the guides they worked hard and will take great care of you. Thank You Mike, from San Jose and Fresno!!

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

It was great easy biking and hiking. The guides where awesome. Wish the biking was longer. As long as u follow the rules it safe and so much fun. Well worth the money.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have always opted out of tours like this for several reasons. First and foremost is the potential damage to natural places when large groups repeatedly use the same place. Secondly, If your willing to do some research, the tour can be done independently, without guides.
That said, in a spontaneous moment , while traveling with my son, I booked a reservation. The reason being is that my 8 year old loves bike riding, waterfalls and swimming. And , well, that is what this tour is all about.
I was a bit taken back by the biased "settlers viewpoint" of Chief Paulina that is told on the bus ride up to the start point. We were in a relatively small group (22). The bikes were new and in good working order. We had our own back pack and lunch.
My son and I are pretty proficient in the outdoors and have a lot of hiking, biking ( road not mountain biking ) , and swimming experience. So there was no stretch for either of us. I will say that I did think that the biking, hiking and swimming would be out of the comfort range for some and that , the hikes are short ( < 1/2 mile ) but steep.
In the end, I have to say, we had a blast. Guides were friendly and gave the right information in the right amount.
Glad we went. If you just want to access the various falls and swimming spots I think it would be pretty easily to figure out how to access them on foot. The non-tour folks said the hikes from trail heads are all under 1 1/2 miles.

4  Thank K_50_50
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had a fun time. The guides were very friendly and professional. Some physical exertion is required: one small uphill at the beginning and hiking from the river back up to the bicycles. My wife and I are in our mid 50's and had no problem other than some heavy breathing. I am not an off road cyclist but for the last 3 mile segment I felt comfortable enough to move to the front of the line and, much to my surprise, I found myself pushing the teenager in front of me. Nice adrenalin rush and an unanticipated pleasure. At the end of the day we discovered that our car key was missing. One of the guides drove us back to their equipment storage where we found our key. This was on his own time and money. Thank you.

2  Thank Doug B
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Our group consisted of 3 teenagers and two Mom's(both in our 40's), all of us in fairly good shape. We met up at the Sunriver village and were greeted by friendly guides where we loaded up on the bus for a short trip up the road toward Paulina Lake. During the ride, our guides told us the story of Chief Paulina in a very humorous manner. Once we were parked and given bikes, we broke up in to two groups of about 20 people. Each group was given two guides, they were both very nice and informative about the area. The bike ride was somewhat vigorous and unless you are experienced with off-road cycling, could be considered difficult due to the soft sandy areas of the trail, (Several people fell and were cut during the day) The waterfalls were all very beautiful and sliding down them was a blast, especially for the teenagers and younger one's in our group. I found hiking up several of the trails to be somewhat challenging as the altitude and steepness of the trails were fairly severe. I would rate most of the walking as difficult to extreme. Although they were mostly short trails, that took no more than 10 minutes each. Overall it was a really great day, worth the price and one we would recommend to others.

2  Thank 2luvtotravel2