“Very unimpressed”

Sage Springs Club & Spa
Ranked #9 of 19 things to do in Sunriver
More attraction details
Owner description: Sage Springs Club & Spa encapsulates the spirit of this high desert region with it's warm ambiance, signature services and indigenous products. Welcome to a private escape dedicated to your health, fitness and complete well-being. We offer a wide variety of body pampering spa treatments from massages, facials, body treatments and salon services.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My mother-in law and I booked a pedicure at the spa and did not partake of any other spa services. I have been to much better for the price and we both were disappointed. When you walk in the facility is very attractive and inviting but then it went downhill from there. We paid 70 dollars for a pedicure and both of us agreed it was only average and we have paid far less for better. The relaxation room was dark, but the chairs were comfortable, except it hadn't been cleaned and there were used paper cups and magazines strewn all over. It was not well kept. We will not be going back again.

2  Thank Luluguiness
There are newer reviews for Sage Springs Club & Spa

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

My best friend and I both had massages for relaxation and deep tissue. My deep tissue wasn't as deep as I normally experience. I hinted politely to the therapist that she could massage harder but she didn't. The spa itself is beautiful and the front desk staff were friendly and on point. My friend liked her relaxation massage and they have a great skincare line they offer at the spa. Will definitely be back again.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My wife and I scheduled a 50 minute couples massage during our stay at Sunriver.

The first thing to know about the spa is it is tucked between a bunch of condos on the resort. There are signs along the roads directing you on how to get to the spa, but when you arrive, the building, in my opinion, is poorly marked. There is a rock in front of the spa, which looks like many of the other rocks used in the landscaping of the resort, which has the spa name mounted on it...super easy to miss if you're not familiar with the spa at all. The second tip for you is once you arrive at the spa, all of the parking you will see says "Reserved parking for condo" and the signs have the condo numbers on them. Not until you drive around the back of the spa will you find parking areas assigned for people using the spa. Those parking spots are designated only with a sign that has a picture of what I guess is supposed to be a sprig of sage....Sage Spring Spa.

We arrived 30 minutes early, as they suggested we do, because the spa has many other amenities to enjoy other than just the massages we were there for. The facility is pretty large and for privacy of the spa customers, much of it is behind a labyrinth of doors and hallways. It would have been very nice if they offered you a quick tour of the facility BEFORE they just turn you loose to explore because its confusing enough inside that its quite easy to get turned around.

The spa provided electronically secured lockers for your belongings and a very comfortable robe and slippers were also provided. They offered a "relaxation room" for you to sit in until your massage appointment time arrived. There was quiet music, reading materials, comfortable music, an offering of two kinds of hot tea and iced lemon water.

The massage therapists that we had were excellent. There's really nothing else to say about them...top notch and obviously not beginners.

Overall, the massages themselves were great. I was a little disappointed by being "dumped" into a facility I was completely unfamiliar with and not even offered a quick tour for familiarization. I also felt the price for the couples massage was a bit steep. We have had hour massages before and not paid anywhere near what this visit cost. At any rate, we enjoyed it and wrote off the expense to the fact it was a resort attraction.

2  Thank oregondigitalhunter
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Very swanky place...totally impressed my teenage daughters! The hot tube was so peaceful and relaxing and between the hot tub and steam room we couldn't have asked for a better way to start and end each day!

1  Thank theahartfamily
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Adequate fitness center, warm lap pool and two jacuzzis - one coed and in respective gender lockers (with zen-like environment, waterfall and stars above). Sauna, steam room and exercise classes for $10 fee. Didn't use spa services this time, but good Fall special pricing.

1  Thank calgal1702