“Super everything”

Marcello’s Cucina Italiana
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Sunriver
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This family-run, family-friendly restaurant features fireside dining, an outdoor patio, and a beautiful, cozy lounge. Our extensive menu is always prepared fresh, to order, and dietary restrictions are easily accommodated. Many options are available for private parties and corporate events. We offer take-out, a children's menu, off-site catering, and many nightly specials.
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We have been eating at Marcello's for years. It is excellent food and the people and service are wonderful. There is always a special for dinner that is outstanding. We have continued to eat there our first night of every visit for many years. Then we return when we are there for a week or so. The prices have increased (as you would expect) but the quality has only improved! They also have wonderful wines!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and I (9 people total) went to Sunriver for the week and ate at Marcello's twice. The first time was excellent. The waitress was efficent, friendly, and knew the menu. They had crayons and kids menus, which always makes me and the kids happy. We sat outside on the patio which was a nice and relaxing exerpience. Our food was delicious and was timed perfectly. The bread came out first and is absolutely to die for. Homemade with oil and vinegar. YUM! We asked for a few more loaves which they happily obliged. The salad was very good too. Everyone loved what they ordered and said it was delicious. My daughter had the chicken strips and it was seriously some of the best breaded chicken I have ever had. The food i somewhat on the high end but normal for Sunriver resort area. We finished the evening off with Snickers Pie - which was so amazing it was devoured in minutes.

The food was so great we came back two nights later. Completely different experience. The service was very slow despite the patio not being full. OUr waitress was nice and kept apologizing for the wait for our food but did not offer a discount, dessert, t or comped meal. From the time we sat down to the time we received our entrees, it was an hour and twenty minutes. This was tough on our kids and tough on us. The food was still very good but we were not happy about the extremely long wait time to get our food. The live music on the patio was a nice touch.

You must get the trio crustini appetizer - delicious!

All told, we would give this place another chance but only if we had A LOT of time to kill.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The hostess was so lovely and so accommodating I just wish the rest of the experience measured up. We started with a selection of three appetizers and loved them. By the time they were served however, the breeze and evening temps made the outdoor seating far too cold for comfort. The outdoor area is long and narrow and the two heating elements are simply not enough to cover the full length, a third is desperately needed. I opted to try the Mediterranean calzone and did not enjoy it at all! The marinara tasted like crushed tomatoes with no other seasoning at all. The crust was black on bottom, brown on top, but doughy in the center. The stuffing was completely flavorless. When the server asked how our meal was going I let her know I did not like it at all and was very disappointed in the lack of flavor. In spite of only eating less than 1/4th of it, no offer was made to remove it from my ticket. Because I was clearly expected to pay for it, I asked for a box thinking maybe someone at home would dress it up with some spices and eat some of it. Unlike other nice restaurants (heck...even Olive Garden) no attempt was made to box it for me. I finally had to ask the server to bring me a serving spoon or spatula since it was too difficult to move it into the box with just a knife and fork. I finished off with the blueberry cheesecake and it was fine...so that was good. Unfortunately by that time I was so cold it was difficult to really enjoy dessert. Turned out no one else liked the calzone as leftovers so it was $15 in the trash.

ItalianFoodie13, Owner at Marcello’s Cucina Italiana, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your calzone. If I had known about the problem before you left, I certainly would've had it remade for you or replaced it with something else. Our calzones are very popular, and I belive they are quite tasty. Your selection is, in fact, my favorite. Our marinara is made from scratch daily and definitely not flavorless, so I can't imagine what the problem was there. I remember speaking with you when you left, and you made no indication of being unhappy other than not enjoying the calzone, and you said everyone else was quite happy. Obviously we'd like all of our customers to be happy, but finding out about a problem after the fact does not allow us to fix it. I would've loved to have fixed this while you were there if I had known. As for the patio, the party's reservation was inside, not on the patio, and I had to turn away tables prior to the group's arrival to save that spot. Yet, when you arrived and requested the patio, I did my best to make a spot quickly for you. It gets chilly in the mountains at night, so we do have heaters spaced out on the patio. That night, a customer at a different table requested the heater be moved closer to them, and I apologize if that left you less comfortable, but as I said before, your reservation was actually inside, or I would have been better prepared for your arrival. As for the box issue, our policy is always to box the food for the customer unless they insist otherwise, so I greatly appreciate you bringing that to my attention. These issues will definitely be addressed. I hope you will give us another try. When you return, be certain to ask for Autumn. I will make sure you are taken care of, but I would suggest making the reservation inside or requesting to be near a heater when you call. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

One of our favorite places to eat in Sunriver! The food is great and is priced right for a tourist destination, meaning a little high, but its Sunriver, its expected. The staff is really friendly and accomidating. Very nice bar that serves full menu if you arent looking for the more formal dinning room. Large patio is great for those beautiful summer evenings! Have celebrated many anniversaries and birthdays here!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Quiet evening in SunRiver at the end of our vacation, and this was a great choice. Nice menu of house wines and mixed drinks, with a broad variety of dinner options. My husband had the evening special, a salmon filet with a brown sugar glaze - very good. I had the manicotti with a meatball on the side. The pasta on the manicotti was a bit too al dente, but there was a generous filling of spinach and mushrooms with a savory marinara sauce. Above all, the service was fantastic. Our waitress, Roberta, was attentive without being intrusive, very pleasant and positive. Someone should give her a raise, or a great tiip!

1  Thank KelliMcK