“They need a new chef”

Marcello’s Cucina Italiana
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Sunriver
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This family-run, family-friendly restaurant features fireside dining, an outdoor patio, and a beautiful, cozy lounge. Our extensive menu is always prepared fresh, to order, and dietary restrictions are easily accommodated. Many options are available for private parties and corporate events. We offer take-out, a children's menu, off-site catering, and many nightly specials.
Reviewed August 28, 2011

You can thaw better italian food. The sausage was overcooked until tasteless and crunchy. The portions so small we had leftover pizza from two days earlier when we got home and thought it was better. And we waited nearly an hour for dessert to be delivered. Only the check with a precharged 19% tip was delivered promptly.

ItalianFoodie13, Manager at Marcello’s Cucina Italiana, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

I'm terribly sorry you did not enjoy your Marcello's experience. As an award-winning, family-run business, we always want our customers to be happy, and we do our best to make that the case. When aware there is a problem, we go out of our way to solve the problem when it occurs. An automatic gratuity is added to large parties, so if you were part of a larger size group, service can be a little slower to get everything out at one time, particularly in August when this resort area is at its busiest. Portion size is not something about which we generally hear complaints. In fact, we often do half portions on many of our dishes because they are so large.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

My partner and I ate at Marcello's when visiting Sunriver. It was a wonderful culinary experience. My seafood (scallops) fettucini were excellent and my partner's lasagna was also outstanding. The service was slightly slow since it was a very busy evening.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

My family and I ate here during our last trip to Sunriver. We ordered a variety of appetizers to share for dinner, one of which was the steamer clams. Everyone who ate the clams became violently ill later in the evening, not a fun way to spend a vacation! When I called the manager the next day, to inform him not complain, he informed me that it was impossible that it was from their food and argued with me about it for several minutes. All I wanted was for him to thank me for the info and maybe apologize. I will NEVER go back there and I suggest if you want friendly service and a meal that won't make you sick that you do now either.

2  Thank countryrunning

I'm very sorry you did not enjoy your Marcello's experience. We are a family-run business and customer satisfaction is our top priority. I deeply apologize for your feeling slighted. That said, I do agree with the manager with whom you spoke about the food poisoning, that it could not have been from our restaurant. Marcello's is an award-winning restaurant and gets near perfect marks on every health inspection. Many, many diners ate the clams that night, and no one else was sick.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Maybe it was our own fault. We agreed to sit in the lounge to get in when we wanted.
The female bartender who "served" us was obviously overworked but made the dining experience very unpleasant for us all with her rushed attitude. We were obviously a nuisance for her. Oh well, we saved $$ with the tip...

2  Thank Starison

I'm so sorry you felt that way! We never want anyone to feel neglected. We highly recommend reservations, particularly in the summer when this resort area is at its busiest. The Lounge is designed for relaxing and hanging out more than for a speedy dining experience.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

Pretty bland food and sauces. Would not go back. Desert of teramisu poorly done.

2  Thank elsamoo