“Great Place to Stay - lots to see and do for the whole family!”
Review of Sunriver Resort

Sunriver Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sunriver
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Great Place to Stay - lots to see and do for the whole family!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

It was an "off-season" stay for us at Sunriver Resort, but we still had a great time. The room was just a standard room, but it was very clean and comfortable. The rooms are in small buildings, not like a traditional hotel or motel, which was nice. I was impressed with how comfortable the bed was! We also had our dog with us on this long weekend and it was no problem having him along. The resort itself has everything you could possibly need or want and is very close to Bend, Oregon. My only complaint was there wasn't enough parking near our building and if we got in late we had to park quite far from our building. All the employees we encountered were extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating. Overall, great stay and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dawn V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
The Dalles
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Loved it. This was a relaxing, no stress, getaway. Quiet and a wonderful, beautiful place. I know it gets very busy as the weather warms up with so many choices of how to spend your time. Something for everyone for sure! The village was fun. Had the best ever lunch at Sunriver Brewery. Their creamy mushroom soup was A++++, as was everything else! Just writing about this excursion makes me want to go again soon!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SunriverResort_12, Managing Director at Sunriver Resort, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Sandie H,

Thank you for your kind note! We agree that Sunriver Resort provides the perfect scenery for a no stress, relaxing getaway. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back and letting you experience more of what Sunriver Resort has to offer.

Brush Prairie, Washington
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I actually won a 3 night stay at the resort with all food and activities planned and paid for. It was wonderful! Kelsie Redington in marketing, did such a fabulous job putting this trip together that was catered to my sister and my likes. Our rooms were perfect at the lodge...we had a Ponderosa king suite (which included a kitchen, living room, dining table and fireplace, plus the loft with bed and bathroom) and the Ponderosa King guestroom with fireplace. They were spacious, updated decor, and super clean. So welcoming!
We ate at both lodge restaurants, The Owl's Nest, and the Meadows at the Lodge, and both had yummy food. We really liked the vegetarian options at the Owl's Nest and breakfasts were very good at the Meadows. The Grille at Crosswater was wonderful! We had a special 4 course vegetarian dinner paired with select wines and it was our favorite part of the entire trip, I think! Chef Jason was very friendly and quite the talented chef!
We also ate at the Sunriver Brewery, which had great food, too. Good vegetarian rice noodle dish.
But, overall, I just have to say how friendly and professional the stuff were. I had car trouble in downtown Bend and needed a driver to pick my sister and I up. Rory arrived and waited with us for over an hour while the tow truck driver was trying to get my car up and running. No avail, so Rory took us back to the lodge. He was just so reassuring to have there with us. We couldn't thank him enough. But, really, every single employee we came across during our stay were so friendly and really seemed to be enjoying their jobs and wanted us to enjoy our stay.
Check out Sage Springs Spa, too...wonderful experience!

Room Tip: The Ponderosa King Suite is great for extra room and the kitchen is perfect to eat in for breakfast!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear jazzsherrie,

Congratulations on winning an all-expenses paid trip to Sunriver Resort! We appreciate your wonderful comments about our friendly staff and healthy, vegetarian dining options. Chef Jason and Rory in Transportation were delighted to receive such outstanding comments.

We can’t wait to welcome you back soon!

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I had a short, one night getaway at Sunriver Resort. We enjoyed our stay and had the best night's sleep we'd had in months! All staff was very pleasant and helpful and our room was excellent with a fantastic view off of our balcony. I would highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Mahoff
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed 1 night at the lodge and were so surprised when we walked on our room. We were in an upstairs unit, so we had vaulted ceilings. There was a giant fireplace, huge bathroom with double sinks, a big tub, and a big shower. The bed was very comfortable and there were two comfortable chairs and an ottoman to sit in front of the fireplace. There were robes in the closet, q-tips and cotton balls in the bathroom, and a grinder for fresh coffee. They didn't miss anything, we had the comfort of home, but the luxury of an upscale hotel. They really made us feel special. The lady at the front desk was very warm and inviting, and all if the staff was wonderful. We are so happy we chose Sunriver to spend our date night,and will definitely stay there next time we visit the area.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
SunriverResort_12, Managing Director at Sunriver Resort, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Jamie C,

Thank you for choosing to spend your date night with us! We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and our luxurious River Lodge accommodations.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for making Sunriver Resort your destination of choice!

Tom O'Shea
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay at Sunriver Resort! The rooms are like your own cabin...that is maintained with granite counter tops, gas fireplaces and designer touches!!! Very clean, friendly staff and nice amenities. They provide a shuttle service to anywhere on the property...very convenient. The prices are excellent. We will definitely be back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa C
Portland, OR
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I think your experience is truly dependent on where you stay in the resort and who you are.

I received a local deal for 2 nights in their basic accommodations ($169). We travel to Bend (town near Sunriver) multiple times a year to ski and get away from the rainy west side of Oregon. Because of the deal and the positive feedback received from friends and family we decided to give it a try.

My husband and I were underwhelmed by the room and location within the resort but for the price it was perfectly fine, which is why it gets a 4 instead of 3. If I paid more than $100 (off-season) then it would get a 3. The bed not as comfortable as I would think a "4 diamond resort" would use and the walls are thin. The bathroom is super small and was crowded with 2 people getting ready. Having all your ski gear in the room is not ideal since there is not an easy place to store your stuff.

Overall it feels more like a place for families and retired couples rather than 30 somethings.

The staff was super nice but the bar and restaurants on-site are nothing special and the brewery in the village does not compare to the current Oregon micro brew scene.

Because we spent most of the time skiing we did not venture to the spa which may have enlightened my trip.

I think we will stick to staying downtown Bend but I could see myself returning if we had kids.

Room Tip: If you can splurge on a river room I would do it. If you are left to the basics, the second floor r...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NWlivin
SunriverResort_12, Managing Director at Sunriver Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear NWlivin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Sunriver Resort experience. It was disappointing to learn that our accommodations and restaurants did not exceed your expectations. When planning a future stay, I would highly recommend one of our recently remodeled Lodge Village King Suites. These accommodations provide the perfect ambiance for any couple on a ski getaway.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Managing Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunriver
Tetherow Lodges
La Quinta Inn Bend
La Quinta Inn Bend
#15 of 44 in Bend
Mount Bachelor Village Resort

Been to Sunriver Resort? Share your experiences!