“Great resort...great price!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sunriver Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sunriver
“Great resort...great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay at Sunriver Resort! The rooms are like your own cabin...that is maintained with granite counter tops, gas fireplaces and designer touches!!! Very clean, friendly staff and nice amenities. They provide a shuttle service to anywhere on the property...very convenient. The prices are excellent. We will definitely be back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I think your experience is truly dependent on where you stay in the resort and who you are.

I received a local deal for 2 nights in their basic accommodations ($169). We travel to Bend (town near Sunriver) multiple times a year to ski and get away from the rainy west side of Oregon. Because of the deal and the positive feedback received from friends and family we decided to give it a try.

My husband and I were underwhelmed by the room and location within the resort but for the price it was perfectly fine, which is why it gets a 4 instead of 3. If I paid more than $100 (off-season) then it would get a 3. The bed not as comfortable as I would think a "4 diamond resort" would use and the walls are thin. The bathroom is super small and was crowded with 2 people getting ready. Having all your ski gear in the room is not ideal since there is not an easy place to store your stuff.

Overall it feels more like a place for families and retired couples rather than 30 somethings.

The staff was super nice but the bar and restaurants on-site are nothing special and the brewery in the village does not compare to the current Oregon micro brew scene.

Because we spent most of the time skiing we did not venture to the spa which may have enlightened my trip.

I think we will stick to staying downtown Bend but I could see myself returning if we had kids.

Room Tip: If you can splurge on a river room I would do it. If you are left to the basics, the second floor r...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NWlivin
SunriverResort_12, Managing Director at Sunriver Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear NWlivin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Sunriver Resort experience. It was disappointing to learn that our accommodations and restaurants did not exceed your expectations. When planning a future stay, I would highly recommend one of our recently remodeled Lodge Village King Suites. These accommodations provide the perfect ambiance for any couple on a ski getaway.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Wonderful stay, excellent staff, filled all our requests. Even got a dusting of snow overnight to wake up to. Very relaxed, quiet weekend! Had dinner in Bend at Pine tavern which was excellent also. A must while in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear OregonSisters,

We are so pleased to hear about your wonderful stay! As the snow melts away, our winter wonderland is soon to be a sunny paradise. Hope you have the opportunity to join us this summer and experience our many summertime activities.

Tacoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great location,terrific rustic rooms with all the amenities: large flat panel TV, Gas log fireplace, Wi-Fi,open out door hot tub, quiet, great bed, great meeting facilities !!! I have been here before in the winter and summer when I a flew in from Tacoma but always stayed with friends in there homes. This time I stayed in the River Lodges because they were close to the Great Hall where the meeting was held. The staff were all wonderful and the food was much better one with the new management !

Room Tip: The River Lodges where I stayed. Ask for a second floor room. The view is great of the river, golf c...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SkyDocDaveL
Collinsville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

My local ski club scheduled our annual trip to Mt. bachelor from Jan 18'th thru the 25'th and at first I wasn't sure about the choice of accommodations for the week. I was a little concerned about the distance from the ski resort or any other major city. Well, I can tell you my worries were soon relieved not long after arrival. The shuttle to the slopes was a comfortable ride and Bend, OR wasn't too far away for visiting. There was also a nearby village with great dining options that were surprisingly very reasonable. The only thing lacking was a bit of nightlife activity. But my overall impression of the resort came from the treatment we received. I can't think of any place I've ever been where I was treated better. The staff were all extremely courteous and helpful, especially Holly Kelly, who went out of her way to make our stay a great experience. Although we could have hoped for better snow at the mountain, I couldn't have asked for more from Sunriver. Thanks to everyone there for making our stay.so wonderful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Flick24078,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Sunriver Resort experience. Your kind comments brightened the day for all of our associates, especially Holly. On behalf of the whole Sunriver Resort Team, we hope we will continue to be your ski destination of choice. We look forward to extending a warm welcome back in the near future!

Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Only got to stay one night, but a great two story unit with access to the SPA. Very relaxing. Would like to stay longer and come back in the Summer. Very nice room...beds were upstairs with kitchen, dinning and living room down stairs with fireplace. Was an excellent value.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Chico, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Sun River resort is an outstanding place to stay in the winter. Everything you need is within a mile and there is a free shuttle that will take you there. Mt. Bachelor is 20 miles away about 30 min drive in winter conditions. The food in the lodge is great and reasonably priced. I will definitely return. I made a skiing trip out of it and was by myself but next time I go I will bring the whole family.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank jumpropetraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunriver
Tetherow Lodges
Wall Street Suites
Wall Street Suites
#1 of 43 in Bend
Hampton Inn & Suites Bend

Been to Sunriver Resort? Share your experiences!