“Sunriver is awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sunriver
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Sunriver is awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Sunriver. I stayed here for a few days the first week of June for a work conference. Lucky me! We utilized the Great Lodge for the main conference- that building is amazing. I only wish I had brought my golf clubs and had arranged to stay for an extra day to play!

I stayed in one of the guest lodges, #103, which was an upper-level lodge, king bed with vaulted ceilings, gas fireplace, and a deck facing the golf course and Mt. Bachelor in the background- see pics. The room was clean and comfortable. While the putty and beige color schemes of the paint did remind me of the late 70s, almost a little too 'campy' if you will, the modern touches of an iPod docking station, flat panel TV, and modern shower brought me back to this millennium.

The grounds are beautiful. Do plan on a ten minute walk to conference room, or if you have to walk from your room back to the main lodge; the resort is pretty spread out. I recommend holding on to the map they provide to you at check in as it is easy to get a little turned around, especially if you arrive at night.

The lunch restaurant at the lodge served great lunches and local micro beers for sipping on the patio while watching folks practice at the driving range. Try the wedge salad! The weather was perfect during this company retreat so sitting outside was a must. The indoor breakfast provided large servings of food, so don't balk at the prices- you will get your money's worth. Service was excellent at both restaurants. Also, the view from the breakfast place is wonderful!

There are so many things to do at Sunriver. Their bus operators are very friendly and courteous! We canoed down the Deschutes River one evening, went on a microbrew-bus tour to Bend the next, and we also went horseback riding one afternoon during our stay.

We even hung out at the hotel lounge one night and got a great laugh at the not-so-great dj that was spinning tracks. The bartender was great and took care of our party. They have a large gas fire pit that burns on the lower deck in the evenings, it provided a nice atmosphere to get to know some of my colleagues.

The hotel staff is very professional. And whoever my company hired to do the catering was fantastic- I'm not sure if that was managed through the hotel but regardless they did a fine job.

I hope to be able to return to Sunriver someday to further explore the beautiful Cascade mountain range, and perhaps for a few rounds of golf. The courses are pristine!

I highly recommend this place for leisure or for a company retreat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SunriverResort_12, Lodge General Manager at Sunriver Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your detailed reflection on your recent stay at Sunriver Resort. It was truly a pleasure to read about your enjoyable stay with us. It is wonderful to hear you had the opportunity to visit our Owl’s Nest Bar & Grille and enjoy the beautiful scenery while sipping on one of the many local micro brews we offer. We hope you will have the opportunity to join us this summer at our recently opened Sunriver Resort Beer Garden located behind the Main Lodge where you can enjoy local micro brews and great BBQ items in a family friendly setting.

Thank you again for your kind remarks and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sunriver Resort in the near future!

Scott Ellender

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
White Salmon, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Sunriver is a beautiful, relaxing resort. Tucked away about 15 minutes South of Bend, OR. the resort reminds me of days gone by. Time seemed to slow to a crawl as there were no worries or troubles to tend to. This was possibly my most relaxing adventure in several years. Except for the golf. What a great time we had on the Meadows course!! We had a blast, but bring plenty of balls as this course has many challenges....

Room Tip: I can't imagine there is a bad room at Sunriver!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent experience at Sunriver Resort. Hopefully you will choose to stay with us once again the next time you need a relaxing adventure!

Medford, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

The location isn't the easiest for travelers to get too, but once they are there; perfect location for a retreat. The resort is awesome to work with and can accommodate just about any request!! Houses in any price range including some awesome homes that can make your stay luxurious.

Room Tip: 5 diamond homes are the best. The 4 diamond are just as amazing, maybe just need a tiny upgrade or...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tacoma Wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I used a Living Soc deal to visit for the 1st time last weekend. We drove from Tacoma so it was a LOOONNNGGG drive. We stopped at Woodburn outlets to break up the trip. We paid $49 extra per night to upgrade to a King Suite and I was happy that we did...it was lovely. It was super clean and was furnished very nicely. We had asked for there to be wine glasses in the room when we arrived-there weren't any so they brought some-we had to wash them...they looked like they had been in storage forever. The bed pillows aren't great either...if that is important to you, bring your own-I will next time. The bathroom in the King Suites is upstairs and the commode and shower are in a separate room with a door-super tight to get into the bathroom with the door right there. Nice that there were two sinks. The grounds are beautiful with walking and bike trails. It is very peaceful and quiet. The rocking chairs on the porhces are great-I want to buy them for my home! I had some photos to share but they aren't hand now so I guess I won't be able to share this time around.

Room Tip: We noted there are some rooms that are directly across from the door to the ice machine-I would ask...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SunriverResort_12, Lodge General Manager at Sunriver Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Sunriver Resort. We are thrilled to hear you found our recently remodeled king suites to be lovely. The feedback you provided in your review is invaluable and I would like to assure you we take our guests satisfaction very seriously.

It’s wonderful to hear you were able to enjoy the quietness of Sunriver while relaxing in our Adirondack chairs. Please feel free to contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to share the contact information for the vendor that supplies us with our patio chairs.

sellender@sunriver-resort.com
McMinnville, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Sunriver is a complete resort with something for everyone.

Everything is managed well and pristine. The facilities are of high quality. All of the staff is friendly, cheerful and well trained.

We were upgraded to one of the river lodges. They are beautiful spacious rooms with amazing views. No detail is left undone. The bedding is fluffy and will spoil you.

We ate both dinner and breakfast at the main lodge and it was great.

I would plan to stay at least two nights to allow time to enjoy the outdoor activities.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

What a pleasure it was to read your very positive review. We never get tired of hearing how friendly, cheerful and well trained our staff is. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to recognize our staff for their exceptional performance.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Sunriver Resort in the near future!

Richland, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had a great time visiting this resort. The bike paths were the cats meow, nice and flat and beautiful scenery. We brought our bikes but there are bikes there to rent too. Mt. Bachelor is only 20 min. away and is an easy drive up the hill.
The resort itself is very well laid out, the lodge is quite beautiful with lots of nice woodwork. Our room at the river lodge was great. It had a nice gas fireplace in it. Worth the upgrade.
All the staff was very friendly and helpful. The front desk girl even made a pot of coffee for me at 6:30 am! Now that's service!
There are swimming pools at the new aquatic center, a nice spa, a village, places to eat, hiking, lava tube exploration, jogging, walking, bird watching, fishing, etc. lots of stuff to do, something for everyone!

Room Tip: River Lodge, worth the upgrade.
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your enjoyable experience at Sunriver Resort. We truly appreciate your kind remarks regarding our friendly and helpful staff. Please know that I will gladly share your feedback and recognize our staff for providing such excellent service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sunriver Resort!

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Extremely good value and quite relaxing! The Sunriver Resort offers the best bang for the buck high end stay in Oregon that we've experienced in twenty years of travel! We will go back at least 2 times annually for mini vacations.

Room Tip: River Lodge offers the best rooms and are well worth the slightly higher daily rate.
1 Thank Ryan R
SunriverResort_12, General Manager at Sunriver Resort, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the phenomenal review! It was truly a pleasure to read your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back not once but twice a year to Sunriver Resort.

Scott Ellender
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunriver
Tetherow Lodges
Wall Street Suites
Wall Street Suites
#1 of 43 in Bend
Hampton Inn & Suites Bend

Been to Sunriver Resort? Share your experiences!