$99
Courtyard
$104
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

Book now, pay at stay
$63
EconoLodge
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnernice hoteloutback steakhousecomfortable bedsfront desk staffa great place to stayhome away from homewithin walking distancegreat stopwould stay here againhot tubcrater lakenext morningparking lotstayed one nightindoor poolhop valley
Reviewed May 1, 2018

The facility is nice, but based on my experiece, explained below, I can't recommend this hotel as a safe place to stay.

My adult daughter and I were staying at your Eugene hotel in April. On the night of April 20, around 8:40 pm, my daughter was ordering food in the lobby (I hadn't wanted to wait and had gone upstairs to our room) and a man who had been drinking in the bar started chatting with her. She was polite and responded, he went outside to smoke, and she brought her dinner up to our room. Twenty minutes later, he had managed to obtain a key card to our room and opened the door. Fortunately, we had swung the bar latch so he could only open the door a few inches. He tried about three times and we asked him what he wanted. He said something about confusing which room was his. But the point is, he had been chatting up my daughter downstairs and 20 minutes later he had access to get into our room.

I have spoke with the front desk people, Mike and Thomas about this. Mike comped our room for the night but mostly just said the man was airline personnel and that sort of thing happens every now and then. (This is an AMAZING statement to hear from a customer's point of view.) The other amazing thing to hear is that no one seems to be very concerned that an intoxicated man was given access to the room of a young woman, whom he would have thought was all alone.

I asked Mike to have the hotel manager, Jennifer Hendricks, call me when she got back to work on Monday. She never called, so I left a message on her voicemail. I called again on Tuesday, and was able to speak with her. She had no excuse as to why she hadn't called me back, but she did say someone about airline personnel, and it wasn't a big deal. Once I explained to her what had really happened, she sounded confused and concerned. Mike had told me that the waitress had made a key card for my room based on a request from someone in the bar, but Jennifer said that waitresses aren't allowed, and don't know how, to make key cards. In any case, the story that Mike had given Jennifer was much different from my version of what happened. Jennifer said she would talk with the weekend staff last weekend and get back to me on Monday, but she never called me.

What bothers me most is that this could have been a very bad situation, yet no one at Holiday Inn is taking this breech of security protocol seriously.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Hello Caryn A,

I appreciate you providing feedback about your stay. We're about providing comfort and joy of travel at Holiday Inn and though you found our hotel to be nice overall, I'm sorry issues with security and how our team handled the situation left a sour note. I've sent you a private message in line with this to obtain more details which should now be in your inbox.

I look forward to hearing back from you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 13, 2018

Stayed here on business and would have to say that this hotel was one of the quietest that I have ever been in. That being said it would be wise to request a room on one of the lower floors since the two available elevators were some of the slowest I have experience. As a business traveler - time is money and wasted a lot it waiting and riding from my sixth floor room (top floor) to the lobby. Why a hotel of this size has only two hydraulic elevators is a mystery. Beds were comfortable, rooms clean and the staff was adequately friendly but would have been nice to a some type continental breakfast offered in the lobby rather than just coffee.

Room Tip: because of the slow elevators opt for a room a a lower floor and prepare to use the staris
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Franziska W, Manager at Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the hotel was nice and quiet. We appreciate your feedback regarding the elevator and we are so sorry to hear that it was slow during your stay. We appreciate you staying with us during your business trip in Eugene and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 1, 2017

The food was horrible. This was one of the worst restaurant meals we have ever experienced. Our fish taco plate was served on cold flour tacos buried under stale taco chips. No salsa, no garnish or even an effort by the kitchen staff to attractively plate the dish. Our cheese cake dessert was served frozen. The saving grace was our wonderful waitress.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2017

Dear Napa_Valley_Foody,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel.. I am pleased to see your high rating with regards to the location of our hotel and glad to know you liked the service you received from our staff. On the other hand, I am sorry you were not satisfied with the quality of food we serve in our restaurant. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

My buddy & I stayed here for a Ducks game. The front desk was friendly at check in and even put us in a spacious ADA room. The shuttle driver was phenomenal & even took us right up to the stadium.

HOWEVER, the next morning I discovered a strange stain on a pillow case that was dark and looked like dried blood. I don't think it was blood and thankfully I hadn't used the pillow to sleep on. I brought the pillow down to the front desk the next morning and after seeing it the agent apologized and assured me it would be addressed with housekeeping.

This really put a damper on what otherwise was a very nice stay.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Franziska W, Manager at Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, Alan! We are happy to hear that the front desk staff at check-in was very nice and helpful, and that your room was spacious and comfortable. We want to sincerely apologize for the stain on the pillow. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and this is unacceptable. We are glad to hear that you brought this issue down to the front desk right away, and we have dealt with it in our housekeeping department. We very much appreciate your feedback, and we certainly hope that we can have the opportunity to make your next stay a better one. We hope you enjoyed the football game, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Horrible customer service. My mother and I were flying back Home when my mother got suddenly very sick and taking off the plane by ambulance and now in the ICU At the good Samaritan at Riverbend Hospital I stayed at the holiday inn for two nights and then was informed there was no accommodations for me The next night. I feel the reason why I'm out is because of the hospital fees were discounted and they would prefer to have higher paying clients but with certain circumstances they could be a lot more human and sympathetic to my situation but they are not, were not and basically not even friendly about it

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Franziska W, Manager at Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

We very much appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, Cindee! We are so sorry to hear that your mother suddenly had to be hospitalized. We also wanted to sincerely apologize that you couldn't stay with us longer. Unfortunately your stay was over a home football game, and we are sold out completely for those game days. We would under no circumstances make a guest leave due to the rate they were paying. We are happy to honor special rates, we were simply sold out during that time. Again, we are so sorry that we weren't able to accommodate you, and we want to apologize that our staff did not handle your situation in the right manor. We will make sure to review this with our front desk staff to ensure that this is an isolated incident. Thank you so much for writing a review, and we hope you had safe travels!