“Outstanding staff”

Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed October 6, 2012

All of this hotel's staff (w/several phone calls and front desk clerks) provided excellent service. There were some special circumstances and requests to which the employees promptly made accommodations. It was evident by their pleasant and friendly dispositions that they wanted to provide assistance to make my stay as comfortable as possible, which was greatly appreciated since I had extremely long work days.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear the sound of the heavy doors automatically closing, request a room awa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel is made great by the people. A wonderful staff and extremely courteous each and every time I stay in Eugene. They are very helpful and go out of their way to accomodate my requests. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were in town to drop off our incoming freshman Duck at the U of O. Location is in Springfield, ten minute drive to the U. Very new, modern look. Check in was fast and the staff very friendly. Room was clean with Keurig coffemaker, refrigerator and microwave. Pay laundry located on the 5th floor by the elevator, $1.25 for wash or dry. Front loading washer, commercial quality, folding table in the room. Only one washer and one dryer. Front desk has complimentary detergent and dryer sheets. Lobby has a bar/restaurant that looked nice, we went to the brewpub restaurant one block away, highly recommended! Business center has two computers, fax/copier, limited software, I had to type a document in notepad as I am paranoid about using internet passwords on public computers. No breakfast included. Overall, a fashionable property and good value! Recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was expecting this hotel to be really nice, and in some ways it was. At first glance the room was updated and seemed clean. However, after unpacking I noticed the throw on the end of the bed had obviously not been washed... something gross looking was dried on it. Then I pulled out the chair by the desk - crumbs were covering the seat, along with a tube of mascara and a make up brush from a former guest. It was late and I didn't feel like hauling my stuff to a different room, but after that, I couldn't help but wonder how clean the rest of the room was. I did mention these things to the front desk clerk the next morning - although it obviously wasn't her fault. She seemed to be surprised and was apologetic.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear SJ53,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Went to Eugene for a Duck game so this was an excellent location right off the freeway. Pleasantly surprised with the room - modern feel to it. However, walls are a little thin therefore I gave the Sleep Quality 4 stars (noisy folks coming back to their rooms). Otherwise, the bed was comfortable and I slept well! There are a lot of restaurant choices within walking distance too. We tried the on-site restaurant for breakfast - my husband ate from the buffet (good value for the price). I ordered a basic egg breakfast....the eggs were watery and icky. Heard the restaurant may have good dinner...but we didn't try it.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 6th floor at end of hall overlooking parking lot. I don't think you can go...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel is located at the edge of the Gateway Mall in Springfield, OR, and right off the freeway. It's easy to get anywhere in the area, including all parts of Eugene, for those who are parents of potential or current students at the U of O. The room was large and spotless, as were the bathroom and all the fixtures. If it's not a new hotel, it certainly compares very well with one that is. We didn't eat in the restaurant on site, but assume that it was equally impressive. We will stay there again, when our plans include a stay in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was on the fifth floor, with a view to the south -- which meant that we looked out over the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We travel often to Eugene to visit our son who is at the University. He misses his dogs, so we sometimes take them with us. The hotel has devoted the second floor to guests with dogs (so as not to bother guests without dogs) and has a grassy area in which to walk the dogs. Very convenient and welcoming.

The rooms are always clean, the property is set back so it is quiet. Staff is unfailingly friendly and helpful. There is dining on the premises for breakfast and dinner, and nearby restaurants are convenient and within walking distance.

Definitely a safe, quiet, comfortable, friendly place for families, Ducks fans, solo and business travelers.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
#3 of 14 in Springfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene

Been to Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!