“Comfortable, clean and quiet”

Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Portland, Oregon
“Comfortable, clean and quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

First time staying at HI, didn't know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised by the contemporary rooms, comfortable bed, and good front desk service.

We were in town to attend a Ducks footballs game at Autzen stadium. Hotel's proximity to the park and ride on game days at Symantec was perfect. Central location near the mall and many restaurants was also great. Enjoyed the HD programming on flat panel TVs in the rooms as well.

Will definitely stay at again if we find ourselves in the Eugene / Springfield area.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Richard M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Northbrook, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

This HI is really pretty nice. But it's hard to believe it's a top-rated spot for Eugene/Springfield. Says loads about the hotel market there. The facility is relatively new, and in good condition. Rooms are standard HI issue, nothing special. Internet works easily . . . nice. Upgraded linens that most chains now have make a great sleeping difference. Staff is nicely responsive . . . asked for their "most quiet" room at check in and got a top-floor, corner. Wonderfully peaceful in a busy facility. It's located in a hotel row, or, better put, a hotel mess. Every chain seems to have its own place in a 100 yards of here . . . including, surprisingly, a separate Holiday Inn Express & Suites (be really careful which HI you're booking!). Entrance way is somewhat hard to find first time, buried off a side street and behind a Comfort Inn. Parking lot packed full with day-user conference attendees, but it emptied out at night. Outside loaded with standing smokers and butts. In house restaurant overpriced and just OK. Not really many other dining options close by. If you have a rental car, get into downtown Eugene. It's only a few minutes away, and home to many more and much better restaurants.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank TightLine2
Vista, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

No breakfast with normal rate but a MacDonald's is very close for a quick bite before getting on the road. Holiday Inn is giving a much lower rate for pre-paid rooms...not smart if you have any chance of cancellation.

loma rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

....friendly staff, good facilities, good location near freeway with coffee shops and a brewery just steps from the front door.

If I get back to the Eugene/Springfield area I'll stay there again without a doubt.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank drey55
Hernando, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

My husband and I arrived from Mississippi for a wedding, and this hotel could not have been more perfect for us. It was extremely quiet, the beds super comfortable, and the hotel itself close to lots of restaurants and even a mall for me to pick up some extra items that I had forgotten at home.
After some really long days over a short weekend, it was nice to just come back to our room and RELAX without people running around in the halls or yelling outside.
All the employees, from the reception to the driver, were very positive and friendly..helpful whenever we needed them. Even at one a.m. when we arrived from MS!
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Eugene.

Room Tip: We had a corner room, and it was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank deltadarling
La Jolla, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

I really read reasearched the hotels in Eugene, and finally settled on this one, which I know feel was the best choice. My cousin had blocked rooms at the Hilton for her wedding but the reviews were so sketchy with the train noise, etc, I couldn't book it. In fact if you look a train goes straight through Eugene, and most hotels in eugene I considered had reviews mentioning the train noise.

So we settled on the Holiday Inn. I thought the location was going to be less ideal than staying in Eugene, but I was wrong. The hotel sits just off the intersection of the Beltline Road (a freeway fo sorts) and I5, so its very convenient. It is in a cluster of hotels but is far off the freeway (unlike the new Hilton Garden Inn which is right next to I5).

Service was unexpectedly good, particularly for this level of hotel. The front desk clerk, Deshawn, greeted us by our last name and printed information my mom had inquired about. They so friendly and helpful. It was great.

The room was quiet, clean, modern with compfy beds and 4 pillows per bed. My one issue was although our bathroom looked perfectly clean, I felt the shower had a mildewy smell, though my husband couldn't smell it.

parking is free, free wifi, free coffee in the lobby (inside the restaurant acutally), free shuttle to hotel, room service available,...all great deal. I think it is one of the most full service hotels in the area.

In walking distance is an Outback, McDondalds, Hops Brewery (ate there and it was decent), Elmer's, Denny's, Starbucks. There is a Target just south of the hotel.

Tip: 1. My favourite part of our 8 day Oregon trip was the hike from Sahalie falls to Koosa falls, which is probably an hours drive from Eugene. 2. The wedding we attended was at Sweet Cheeks winery and it's about 15miles SW of town but it is in a pretty setting and I enjoyed the Shiraz. I believe they have free daily tastings.

4 Thank solomentehawaii
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel - both times as a stopover on the road from CA. This hotel is clean and had great service. Great place for a relaxing night and they give you lots of pillows :) The fridge didn't stay particularly cold and the freezer section in it doesn't work (at least I think it was a freezer section...) but the food we brought stayed fresh in it. The air conditioner also didn't seem to work quite right, it ran constantly and sometimes the room got a little stuffy - but it didn't bother us too much as it did work a little bit. Overall a great place to stay that is quiet, clean, and away from the freeway noise.

1 Thank kaifar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
#3 of 14 in Springfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene

Been to Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!