“Unbelievably childish disrespectful grim”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of McKenzie Motel

McKenzie Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Springfield
McKenzie Motel
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
“Unbelievably childish disrespectful grim”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Their location is great. I had been staying here on an off in month. First room pretty decent. Had for 2 nights. Getting out of shower housekeeper just walks in...oh didnt know you were staying 2 . Well did i check out?? Wk later got rm 1 night. Really dirty! I slept laying on my own personal towel over bedding as to not touch. It was a quick stay and decent before, I took pics (I clean for a living) to show cuz no way of explaining the yuck. Came back 3 days later (because location is where I needed to be!) Got that same rm and all the poo looking splatter on wall by toliet still there, black finger prints on mini fridge, baseboards with same grim and dead bugs, light switches same, NOTHING had been cleaned!!! But a change yes. Bugs were dropping down from vent in bathroom while i was doing my hair....1... .2...now.3! Ok called office. Night manager, older man,very kind, and only one who actually seemed concerned, came down looked at room and bugs and said he would put it on todo list for the day to spray for bugs and really clean. He offered new room I delined said I like the end and I would be gone all day so if they could just fix that room. Well ten hrs later walk in still bugs and NOTHING cleaned!! Talked to different night manager he didnt have a clue about anything and offered me spray I could take to do my room. So i took it and was going to clean myself. As i started I just ended up leaving. Couldnt stay. Came back in mornining. When housekeeper checked my room she stated "uh yea I am missing a wash cloth" wow a wash cloth after what I just had to go through. I said well I wouldnt even use ur washclothes I brought my own but i will look. Didnt find in my stuff. She starts yelling at me outside in parking lot "if I dont get a wash cloth u pay $2 out of deposit!!!" Well really $2 who care but at this point I did. No way were they taking $2 for a wholly raggy cloth after my experience!! Let alone in the last week i had spent @ least $300 at their motel. I refused to go in office until I could speak to manager. Guy who gave me bug spray from behind desk in managers office shrugs says i dont work here she housekeeping and know rules. Housekeeper storms out hold up my deposit and say take this now or I will just keep it! I took the $ and said theycwill be reported for the infested disgusting place. Abd again if coarse this great rep housekeepee they have yells through parking lot. "Take us to court they love usdown there" then trues telling ME I am just out for someting abd it was clean and never any bugs in my room! Well good thing I live taking pics of things that are gross huh cuz i have pic with day and time stamped on them and ur cameras will show I was there. This place should be shut down most disgusting run down people and place I have ecer been in!!!

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank Momma32whoopwhoop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Noisy people up all night slamming doors and yelling jus wanted to escape my house for a night on my nite off.. I work at crosslands and these rooms r pretty dirty compared to where I work. Hard beds, flys everywhere... and the lady wouldn't take my debit card because she didn't think my signatures matched. Plus its a Creepy atmosphere... along with the see through curtains! The only possitive thing I mite say was it smelled like frebreeze when I walked in. The housekeepers door a piss poor job on everything else.. No wonder why its so cheap. You get what u pay for, by all means I wouldn't reccomend here for anyone!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank nicolemarie86

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

It might be nice after renovations, but egregious violations of the ADA mean you'll never find out if you have a service animal with you. Minutes ago, I was told not to book a room when I mentioned I was traveling with a quiet 14-lb service dog because the motel "lacked facilities for dogs" and would "have to charge a hefty deposit."

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank YouAreNumberSix
Springfield, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

The rooms are clean, spacious, comfortable, and the motel is a nice quiet place to stay.
I am here for three weeks to recuperate from surgery. This is a good place to. Do just that and at a very affordable price too!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank dorothy360
Veneta, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I spoke with the New Management while I stayed for a few days and this is what I was told :
Most of non smoking rooms have been remodeled. Remodeling is continuing for nightly and kitchen rooms. Some of the remodeling that has been done is New showers stalls, carpeting, paint and new counter tops.Just to name a few of the things updated.
Clean and quiet and No Parties allowed made it for a nice stay at a Great Price..
Premises monitored constantly by management and cameras made it feel safe during my stay. There was plenty of parking that made it easy to unload my stuff. Plus with the rooms on only one level it really kept noise levels down and no stairs to have to climb..

Room Tip: management is willing to help you to select a room .
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Juanita G
Veneta, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

I recently stayed at this motel after reading other reviews and found that it was a nice stay and didn't cost too much.. I had new counter tops, new sink in bathroom and best of all a brand new shower stall. The walls had recently been repainted and I could see that remodeling in other rooms was still taking place. I was not bothered by any noise from this work being done. I had a VERY PLEASANT stay for 4 days. I received my deposit back immediatly , and have nothing to say about the staff other than very friendly and courteous.
For the low price of $ 35.99 , for one person, I was able to stay there the entire 4 nights . Other wise I would only have been able to stay at a overpriced & stuffy hotel for 1 night and been left out in the cold for the other 3 nights. The location was good because you had access to busses and stores and were not off the beaten path..
I noticed most of the reviews I had read were from years ago ( 2008) and do NOT apply to this motel in the least bit today..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Ron K
springfield,or
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed for a few days just recently .. I was quite suprised by the updates that have been done and are still going on with a lot of the rooms.. I had read other reviews ( from years ago) and must say none the complaints are true today... I found only friendly people, clean room, and no extras that i had to pay for even if i didn't want them... My deposit was returned immediately with no hassles.. I had a brand new countertop, new paint job on all the walls and best of all new sink and brand new shower stall.. It was a GREAT stay at a small rate.. The cheaper rate of 40 $ a night made it so I could stay dry and warm in a motel for 5 days instead of 2 DAYS in some trendy overpriced hotel...

I could tell that lots of updates have been done lately, lots of remodeling and no noise from it that bothered me during my stay... Thank you!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in #3 that is a smoking room , but did not smell like it!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank robert s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
#3 of 14 in Springfield
Comfort Suites Eugene
Comfort Suites Eugene
#14 of 34 in Eugene

Been to McKenzie Motel? Share your experiences!