“What a joke”
Review of McKenzie Motel

McKenzie Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Springfield
McKenzie Motel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Noisy people up all night slamming doors and yelling jus wanted to escape my house for a night on my nite off.. I work at crosslands and these rooms r pretty dirty compared to where I work. Hard beds, flys everywhere... and the lady wouldn't take my debit card because she didn't think my signatures matched. Plus its a Creepy atmosphere... along with the see through curtains! The only possitive thing I mite say was it smelled like frebreeze when I walked in. The housekeepers door a piss poor job on everything else.. No wonder why its so cheap. You get what u pay for, by all means I wouldn't reccomend here for anyone!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank nicolemarie86
There are newer reviews for McKenzie Motel

Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

It might be nice after renovations, but egregious violations of the ADA mean you'll never find out if you have a service animal with you. Minutes ago, I was told not to book a room when I mentioned I was traveling with a quiet 14-lb service dog because the motel "lacked facilities for dogs" and would "have to charge a hefty deposit."

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank YouAreNumberSix
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The rooms are clean, spacious, comfortable, and the motel is a nice quiet place to stay.
I am here for three weeks to recuperate from surgery. This is a good place to. Do just that and at a very affordable price too!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank dorothy360
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I spoke with the New Management while I stayed for a few days and this is what I was told :
Most of non smoking rooms have been remodeled. Remodeling is continuing for nightly and kitchen rooms. Some of the remodeling that has been done is New showers stalls, carpeting, paint and new counter tops.Just to name a few of the things updated.
Clean and quiet and No Parties allowed made it for a nice stay at a Great Price..
Premises monitored constantly by management and cameras made it feel safe during my stay. There was plenty of parking that made it easy to unload my stuff. Plus with the rooms on only one level it really kept noise levels down and no stairs to have to climb..

Room Tip: management is willing to help you to select a room .
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Juanita G
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I recently stayed at this motel after reading other reviews and found that it was a nice stay and didn't cost too much.. I had new counter tops, new sink in bathroom and best of all a brand new shower stall. The walls had recently been repainted and I could see that remodeling in other rooms was still taking place. I was not bothered by any noise from this work being done. I had a VERY PLEASANT stay for 4 days. I received my deposit back immediatly , and have nothing to say about the staff other than very friendly and courteous.
For the low price of $ 35.99 , for one person, I was able to stay there the entire 4 nights . Other wise I would only have been able to stay at a overpriced & stuffy hotel for 1 night and been left out in the cold for the other 3 nights. The location was good because you had access to busses and stores and were not off the beaten path..
I noticed most of the reviews I had read were from years ago ( 2008) and do NOT apply to this motel in the least bit today..

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Ron K
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed for a few days just recently .. I was quite suprised by the updates that have been done and are still going on with a lot of the rooms.. I had read other reviews ( from years ago) and must say none the complaints are true today... I found only friendly people, clean room, and no extras that i had to pay for even if i didn't want them... My deposit was returned immediately with no hassles.. I had a brand new countertop, new paint job on all the walls and best of all new sink and brand new shower stall.. It was a GREAT stay at a small rate.. The cheaper rate of 40 $ a night made it so I could stay dry and warm in a motel for 5 days instead of 2 DAYS in some trendy overpriced hotel...

I could tell that lots of updates have been done lately, lots of remodeling and no noise from it that bothered me during my stay... Thank you!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in #3 that is a smoking room , but did not smell like it!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank robert s
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This is a good place to stay for a cheap price. No ammenities that I had to pay extra for, and the staff was really freindly. My husband and I stayed for a week and had no problems. Remodeling had been going on and is still going on in a lot of the rooms for rent.. Things are being updated since I stayed there in January and from what i am told will continue to be updated.. No rodents or insects were present then and I have recently checked out a room for one night and found none then either.. ..

I would definately reccomend this motel to my neighbors or friends as a cheap place to rest your head and not be bothered by management..

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tanya S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Village Inn
#14 of 38 in Eugene
Best Western Greentree Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene
Candlewood Suites Eugene Springfield

Been to McKenzie Motel? Share your experiences!