“Lunch on a budget”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Eugene, Oregon
“Lunch on a budget”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

My favorite Chinese restaurant in the Eugene-Springfield area is not fancy, but offers excellent food for someone like myself on an eat-out-less-than once-a-week income. I can get a filling lunch in the $4.50-$5.50 range. For the tourist, Far Man is only one black off Interstate-5, on the opposite side of Gateway Street from Gateway Mall, on the north edge of Eugene and Springfield.

To my knowledge, Far Man is only a walk-in restaurant; no reservations, no delivery and I don't know the hours. It does accept take-out orders. I visit mostly at lunch, which is served until 3:00 p.m. It is more crowded in the noon to 1:00 period, but I have rarely seen customers waiting for a table.

• Visited March 2014

Springfield, Oregon, United States
“Crummy Chinese”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I consider this the worst Chinese food in the Eugene-Springfield area. Soggy, greasy, bland. The worst Chinese food I have ever had.

Visited November 2013