“Best Part Was The Service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Waitstaff
The Woodlands, Texas
“Best Part Was The Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Monday night 8pm. We were the only two dining. Ordered steaks, salad, mashed and rice, TX toast. Waitress was the best part of the whole meal. Friendly, efficient, steak came out hot. The food was just OK. My steak was so fatty and grizzly that I only ate about a third. Best part of the tepid mashed was the red potato skins which I picked out and left the rest. Picked out the lettuce that was going bad, slimy edges on 6 or 7 pieces, and ate the rest. Blue cheese dressing was good. Because this place was suggested to us, we gave it a try but won't again. Hubby kept saying it was a steak house but I said it looks like a bar that serves food. Our argument kept up until after we finished our food, at which point he finally agreed with me, it is a bar that serves food. For $18.00, I expected edible meat, fresh lettuce and hot mashed potatoes that taste like potatoes.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Rebekajean

“No minors allowed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Fyi if you are hungry and with your kids they won't even let you in the door because they have a full service bar.

1 Thank runnerNV
Springfield, Oregon
“Excellent Ownership”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

This restaurant is a hidden gem in our area. The owner, John Erickson, cuts his own steaks on a daily basis, and the meat is always fresh. Great value for the $$$$.

Visited March 2012
Springfield
“Didn't get to try the steaks”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

Went to Centennial to try the steaks as Centennial has been voted best steaks in Eugene/Springfield. Walked in Saturday at 8:00 and it appeared there was only one waitress working the food area. There were two bartenders tending bar. It took approximately 10 minutes to get a menu. We were notified that unfortunately the prime rib was gone, the ribeyes were gone, the sliders were gone, but there were burgers and plenty of appetizers. To say the least, we were disappointed we weren't going to have any steaks.
We each instead ordered burgers, me the chili burger with onion rings, my wife the patty melt with fries. The burgers were both overcooked, very well done. The chili which they claim is homemade, tastes exactly like a best selling national brand out of a can. The onion rings were average at best. The best thing we were served were the fries and an iced tea. Will not go back for this food. Maybe will go try the steaks sometime, but if they're out again, we'll go somewhere else.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ORTraveler477
Eugene, Oregon
“Very Good Steak - Cooked Just Right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

After searching in vain for a great steak in Eugene, I stumbled on the Centennial Steak House online as having some of the best steaks in Springfield. I had the ribeye, and my friend had the prime rib. I usually have my steaks prepared "Pittsburghed" or "Black and Blue", and it has been very, very rare that I have found any restaurant in the northwest that gets it right. Well, kudos to the grill chef at the Centennial, because for once my steak was done just the way I like it! The salad was fresh and crisp, and not loaded with a lot of cluttering veggies and the blue cheese dressing tasted homemade. The baked potato and side vegetables were wonderful, and my friend's prime rib was fabulous as well. The decor could only be described as a real-live bar, yet it felt lived in and homey. I live in Eugene, but I'll be going to Springfield the next time that I want a great steak!

• Visited April 2011