“Very Good Steak - Cooked Just Right”

Centennial Steak House
Ranked #132 of 183 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed June 28, 2011

After searching in vain for a great steak in Eugene, I stumbled on the Centennial Steak House online as having some of the best steaks in Springfield. I had the ribeye, and my friend had the prime rib. I usually have my steaks prepared "Pittsburghed" or "Black and Blue", and it has been very, very rare that I have found any restaurant in the northwest that gets it right. Well, kudos to the grill chef at the Centennial, because for once my steak was done just the way I like it! The salad was fresh and crisp, and not loaded with a lot of cluttering veggies and the blue cheese dressing tasted homemade. The baked potato and side vegetables were wonderful, and my friend's prime rib was fabulous as well. The decor could only be described as a real-live bar, yet it felt lived in and homey. I live in Eugene, but I'll be going to Springfield the next time that I want a great steak!