“Lots of seating options, good food, fair prices”
Review of China Sun Buffet

China Sun Buffet
Ranked #130 of 182 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This used to be one of our favorite restaurants. Personally, I found the food to be pretty good for the price (around $12 per person for all you can eat buffet) with a wide variety of selections. I know there had been a couple of reported cases of food poising in the past few years and my son had had a few cases of an upset stomach the last couple of times we ate there - I personally never had a problem there. My son's upsets and the other reported cases prevent me from giving it an 'excellent' rating.

Reviewed January 17, 2010

I thought it was such a great deal until the food poisoning settled into my system. I must have pucked for six hours straight until blood started coming out. My life flashed before me and I really thought this must be the end. Killed by an all you can eat buffet. Oh my God, I will never forget the pain I went through. As it was coming out my mind registered that it was all contaminated with disgusting grease. I tried a small bit of most of what they had. I will never go there again and am tempted to file suit.

4  Thank connosouir
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 5, 2008

When it first opened it was great, but the last time we were there 2/2008, the place looked dirty and the food tasted old and greasy. Too bad!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 7, 2008

This place is okay for what it's intended to be. Cheap, all you can eat Chinese food. It's not great, but it's not that bad either. I'm not impressed with the sushi, it tastes kind of odd. My husband won't come back here because he swears the whole place smelled like vomit last time he was there. (I haven't personally noticed this) If you're going to go to some $8 buffet type thing, I recommend this one for its variety, Mongolian grill, etc. but the quality is pretty mediocre when compared to non-buffet Chinese restaurants in town.

2  Thank Giulia_C
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed December 31, 2007

All you can eat buffet and has sushi too. Good value if you only want to get calories. Too bad none of it is very good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook