“So glad to have a good place on my side of town”
Review of Planktown

Planktown
Ranked #12 of 188 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The beer made on premises is delicious... The full bar and availability of wine is also a welcome addition. Service is good, very friendly and attentive in even the busiest times. Food is good and menu has variety with original items and sides. The flank steak has been delicious and the burgers are quite good with some original offerings. My primary issue with the burger is the size of the bun in comparison to the burger. The buns are delicious, locally made with a tiny bit of sweetness but they're just too big for the burger. If they made them just a half ounce smaller it would be perfect. They are also challenged in the condiment area. This could just be a matter of personal preference but they insist on making their own ketchup which has food flavor but is just too thin to be called ketchup. They have malt vinegar for your fries if you like and offer mustard but their mustard option is only yellow. They should have a dijon, deli or honey mustard as well. If you don't like the ketchup so think a side of ranch will do...Well not quite. Their salad dressings are house made and delicious but don't have that thickness you normally associate with "ranch" so using them as a dip for fries is as unsatisfying as their thin ketchup. The restaurant is a bit loud but has very cool wood work inside and makes for a nice night out. I cant wait to try the brunch.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice service staff and a good lunch, prices okay.a good variety on the menu. I will go back again for lunch in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The food at Planktown is pretty good. It comes in huge portions. Which I suppose is alright, if you like that sort of thing. There were few options under $10, not even choices for a lighter appetite. I could barely get through my huge, 1/2 pound burger. The fries it came with weren't great.

Also, several orders were mixed-up in the large group I was eating with. I got a friend's burger and didn't realize until I had already dug in. Overall, I'm underwhelmed.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed the food -- good and served promptly -- shrimps on risotto for her and succotash for me. The beer was quite good -- we both ordered a lager. But the noise was deadening. We sat across from each other at a table for four, but had to move next to each other in order to carry on a conversation. We were also bothered by the overly casual attire of the waitstaff -- dressed worse than most customers.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

A friend and I went to have lunch at the Planktown restaurant this week. It was the first time there for each of us. My friend ordered iced tea, which when it was brought to our table, was terribly cloudy, that can only mean two things, tea bag broke, or it was really old tea that should have been thrown out days ago. I ordered macaroni and cheese and I have to say that a box of mac and cheese at the store would have had more flavor. It also had "fried polenta" on top which was nothing more than something "petrified" with positively no taste at all! And the worst part was it was a fairly small bowl, and the cost was $10.00! There was no redeeming quality about this experience except that the waiter was very friendly..nothing else was served with the macaroni and cheese. My friend had saute'ed mushrooms, which she really loves, but only ate a small portion, because she said they didn't have a good taste at all. Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank Marilyn T