“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Bend, Oregon
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed December 22, 2010

Traveling with the love of my life, Wild Bill Hickok - perfect companion border collie, well behaved, I always chose Motel6 because I can take him with me. We go to the Eugene Symphony once a month. This motel is close, convenient, has nice places to walk the dog and play Frisbee.. The staff is excellent, friendly and helpful. Shopping and garden centers are close by too.

• Stayed December 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Springfield, Oregon
Reviewed December 21, 2010

We were so comfortable here. Everyone was so kind and friendly. I would recommend staying here to all who come visit us throughout the year. The location is great, near the Highway and near restaurants and easy shopping.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Ocean Shores, Washington
Reviewed November 26, 2010

We stayed here because pets stay free, but next time I will pay for my pets and stay somewhere else. Even with ear plugs, the freeway traffic noise prevents sleep of any quality! The rooms have a TV and phone--that's it. No clocks, coffee pots, nothing. Internet costs $3 per night per computer. We spent 3 nights over Thanksgiving and only stayed the 3 nights because of lack of available pet rooms in the area for the holiday.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
m60418, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Eugene North - Springfield, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Please accept our apologies and rest assured that your comments will be addressed in the most serious manner. We hope that you will conider staying with us in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Rainier, Oregon
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We requested a non smoking room with a queen size bed. Our room was on the bottom floor with a bed that was so old and lumpy we could not get comfortable. Plus we could hear people walking around in the room above us late at night. The room also had a terrible odor to it as if it was a smoking room with a lot of deodorizer mixed in it. When I pulled back the sheets I could see that they were dirty. If you are stuck staying here stay in an upstairs room and check out the sheets while the maids are working so you can get a quick change.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
m60418, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Eugene North - Springfield, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expecations. Please accept our sincerest apologies.
Bandon, Oregon
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We were in Eugene for a baseball tournament and needed an inexpensive room to sleep in. The room was small, but comfortable. Had a shower (no tub), but that was ok. They also let you have pets without having to pay an EXTRA charge for them!! The front desk was very accomodating and friendly. There is a pool that was VERY clean and large as far as motel pools go. Just wished the pool stayed open later than 9:30 pm. Didn't usually get back to the room until 9 pm. Will definitely be staying there again. You can't beat the price for a room just to sleeep in!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed May 23, 2010

We needed a place to stay for the weekend and have small children. We are never picky about where we stay but we do want a clean non smoking room. They were busy, fully booked and when I booked the room I specifed we needed non smoking. We walked into the room and first thing that hit us was the smell. It smelled like an ashtray and we couldn't even open our window! We got about 2 hours of sleep because it was so noisy and everyone was having a hard time breathing. I went and said something to the office staff and they merely said, oh ok. No apologies no attempts to help with the window. I will never stay at another Motel 6 after this. We could have gotten better sleep in the car.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Infer
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Upon arriving, the first and foremost, most noticeable thing about our room was, the smell! Though this was a, "non-smoking" room, the room smelled like a dirty stale bar with over-powering cleaner over the top. Think, La Toilette'. Yuk! I had to keep the window open for the entire stay.

The room was tiny for two adults and one child.

Accommodations: The room is supplied with, four plastic cups, ice bucket, towels, washcloths, hand towels and two small bars of hand soap. Bring extras if you plan to stay in a motel 6. Oh, and you have to pay for Internet access.

Noise: This is a two story Motel. My suggestion is to get a room on the second floor. Through most of the night, it sounded as if a sumo wrestler was practicing above me. Extremely loud and annoying. The walls are thin and so is the floor/ceiling. I could hear voices, doors slamming and road noise throughout the night. I finally decided to put on my headphones and have, "Catherine Wheel" lullaby me to sleep. After all, I had called the front desk two hours previous to complain, which resulted in absolutely, "nothing".

The water pressure in this Motel was lame. I have long hair and so it took me a great deal of effort to get all the soap out of my hair. Come to think of it, it took a great deal of effort to get the soap off me.

If you stay, request a room away from everyone else. Motel 6 has a habit of clumping travelers together in one small section of the motel. I think they do this to make it easier for housekeeping the next day.

The swimming pool is located outside and heated. It was clean but small.

Location: Off major highway and a mile away from a mall and other "fast-food" type amenities. The Movie Theatre, located inside the Mall was fantastic though!

Finally, if you want pampering, stay somewhere else. This is a cot, roof over your head for the night, to get to somewhere else the next day, type of motel. It's simply not worth the $70.00 it cost to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family