Motel 6 Eugene North - Springfield
$119
ComfortSuites
$127
Courtyard
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$77
Village Inn(Springfield)
$95
All reviewsroom was cleanswimming pooleugenefridgefreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I was hesitant to stay at another Motel 6 after a nasty experience in Medford; however - I was looking for value so booked a room at Eugene North. The place was clean and a great value. The staff were very accomodating and pleasant. The place was packed. It's nice when one is travelling alone and wants merely a clean and safe place to stay for the night to find a nice Motel 6 that meets these requirements and with a decent rate.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank mustlovedogs2009
Reviewed September 30, 2008

Corporate Lodging

This is the barest of bare, no hairdryers, no irons, no coffemaker, nothing but a bed and bath. Reasonably clean but I would stay twice. The front lobby stunk from cigarettes, I was afriad the room would but it is okay. The fly and I have settled in for the night. Scary thing is my company thinks this is acceptable. There is a nice Quality Inn across the street, I'll be there tomorrow night.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 27, 2007

Paid $50 plus $5 tax. Got tiny room with no bath tub but a shower. Room looked clean on the first glance, but I found a pubic hair on the shower wall and there was a brown stain on the pillow. I stopped looking for unclean elements, because I didn't want to know what else was around at this point. Very limited TV channel selection (I think 12 channels) and the telephone didn't work. When I told the front desk that the phone was broken, the reponse was 'oh, ok.' No appology, no we will fix it, nothing but a 'its not my job to fix it' type response. Also, a lot of road noise could be heard as it was next to the interstate...but I just turned on the room fan and this white noise covered it well enough. My last complaint is that there was no alarm clock and the wake up call function on the phone was worthless for obvious reasons.
But look, when you stay at Motel 8, you can't expect much. What did I want? A cheap hotel for one night with a place to sleep and and shower. Did I bassically get what I needed? Yes. Would I stay again if I needed a cheap room that I didn't want to spend time in except to sleep and shower? Sure.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul_Hewsen
Reviewed November 17, 2006

We were going to be in Eugune for the weekend and needed a room for one night. Someone else made the reservations, and booked us a room at the Motel 6.
The motel on somewhat of a motel row, there are a bunch of them in a group, including a Shilo, Super 8, a Holiday Inn Express (I believe), and others.
It's two stories, and is about as bare bones as a motel gets. Small rooms, no bathtub, (just some wierd round shower stall setup), just very plain, basic rooms. There wasn't any continental breakfast, either, only coffee.
On the plus side, the rooms were clean and there weren't any major problems.
I wouldn't stay here again, because of the above reasons, but if you want a bare minimum room at a very cheap price, then the 6 is for you!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Bob39
Reviewed September 19, 2005

LOCATION: This motel is very easy to find as it is located very close to the interstate. The hotel provides ample free parking.

PRICE: I paid $40 per night to stay on a weekday. This is the rate for one traveller--a second person would pay an additional $6. I travelled throughout the Pacific Northwest for more than three weeks, and this was the most that I paid for a hotel room during my entire trip. I stayed in major cities such as Seattle, Portland, and Vancouver for less money than it cost me to stay in Eugene (I used Hotwire for my hotel rooms in major cities). Later in my trip, I returned to Eugene. This Motel 6 increased the price by $10 on the weekend, so I decided not to stay there again. I was able to find another motel in Eugene for $30 per night that was just as good as this Motel 6. Therefore, I have rated this hotel room below average in terms of value received for the money.

ROOMS: My room at this Motel 6 was fine. If you have ever stayed in a Motel 6 before, the rooms here are just like the rooms in all of the other Motel 6's. The bed was comfortable, and there was a washbasin and a shower. Motel 6 provides soap with the room but does not provide shampoo. There was also a desk and a dresser. There was a place to hang clothes as well. A telephone was also in the room---Motel 6 allows unlimited local calls for free, and does not levy a surcharge on long distance or toll free calls.

NOISE: This Motel 6 does give customers a do not disturb sign to put outside the room. However, I put my sign outside the room and was still awakened by a maid banging on the door, and I had a long day's drive ahead of me. I complained about this to the front desk clerk, and she said that the maids do not speak English and do not understand the signs!

SUMMARY: Because of the relatively high price this motel charges, I would recommend staying in another motel instead in Eugene. I liked the Motel 6 itself, but I think that the other motels in Eugene offer better value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2004