“Great stay!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Clean and spacious rooms, nice lobby and breakfast area. No complaints at all. I was pulling a travel trailer back to eastern Oregon, and there was plent of parking to accomodate my rig. My 3 year old and I walked about 2 blocks to Shari's for dinner, and had a great time. I never heard the I-5 traffic. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 14, 2010

Looks like a newer hotel from the outside, but definitely old inside.
The hallways and both of our rooms smelled like urine but I think it was due to the ancient air conditioners and there was mold growing on the window sill.
Good location.
Great breakfast.

not a "suite", just a typical hotel room

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I picked this hotel based on the Trip Advisor responses. When I got there I was really suspicious of the reviews. What no one mentions is exactly how close this hotel is to the freeway. Not just any freeway but, "5". You are really close to the freeway and you will hear it no matter where you stay in this hotel. I would say if you looked out your window you would see at least 30 big rigs pass in under a minute.
When you arrive at the hotel the lobby and breakfast area are quite inviting. The staff was very helpful in trying to get the right room for us. Are luck, (If you can call it that) was on the third try. Be aware this hotel invites people with pets. The first room they gave us we could hear the animals constantly. The second room was not any better because of the freeway noise, we settled for the third room.
I’m curious if the people who run this hotel understand what the concept of a “Suite” is. I’m sure it’s not a small room with a microwave and refrigerator. I’ve stayed at “Motel 6”, and the rooms there are surely twice as big. I could not believe the size of the bathroom. It is physically impossible for two normal size people to occupy that bathroom space. I had to wiggle in just to use the bathroom. The room does contain a Frig and Microwave, but it just seems to take up space in a very small room. The primary heating and cooling (it was a hot day when we were there) is an air conditioner hanging outside the window. Two of the room’s air conditioners had seen better days. For those people with allergies beware, on our floor the only thing protecting you from the smoking rooms is about 6 feet. The room right across from our room was a smoking room and the hall way reeked of cigarette.
The only good thing about the hotel are it’s proximity to a Mall, less than ½ a mile.
I’m curious of the people who gave this hotel a good review, are you deaf? Nothing mentioned at all about the freeway or that you’re right next door to a highway patrol office?

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Changed room twice due to AC unit front hanging off or on floor. Average room with adequate facilities & a good standard breakfast. Nothing specific by which it will be remembered. Above average price.Short walk to several restaurants

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2010

This hotel is was very nice, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the construction is all complete

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Although this hotel does not have many current reviews, I did find it to be clean. The staff was extremely helpful answering any questions or pointing out anything in the area that I needed. Will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2009

The staff was very helpful and curtious. I really like the breakfast in the morning. My room was very clean and tidy. The remodel looks great. I will be staying again when I come back to Springfield, Oregon. Kudos to the managers who keep things running great and the staff was hard at work and busy when I saw them.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Valley River Inn
Valley River Inn
#8 of 38 in Eugene

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!