“Nice Hotel in the Eugene/Springfield Area”

Holiday Inn Express Springfield
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
San Rafael, California
“Nice Hotel in the Eugene/Springfield Area”
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We were in town for a family event. This is a very clean and comfortable hotel. The people working there were all very nice and went out of their way to be helpful.

The free breakfast is very good. All of the usual items are available. In addition they have outstanding cinnamon rolls.

We had a very good experience at this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I was really surprised that my room was super quiet. I didn't hear the usual doors slamming all night, people above you stomping around, and traffic noises for a budget motel. The staff warned me that the whole USC volleyball team was staying on the 2nd floor, so they gave us a room on the opposite side on the 3rd floor (we looked really tired from driving).
The rooms were clean, did not smell (I had a small dog with me so I was in a dog room), and I slept all through the night without being woken up by noise. The morning breakfast was a nice touch. There is something for everyone and it's not all bad fattening food. Location is good- next to the freeway and there are plenty of restaurants nearby.
I had to make a quick trip to california and back so I ended staying @ the same location on the way back up. Still had the great level of service. I plan to stay at the holiday inn express again, especially since they are pet friendly and they don't give you a gross room just because you have a dog.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Washington
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I have worked at Holiday Inns in the past. I thought it would be nice to stay at one while we were coming into town for a friends wedding. I booked my room a month in advance after looking at the holidayinn.com website. The room I booked was listed as a King size bed, comfortable sleeper sofa and a jacuzzi tub. I also verified the sleeper sofa was in the room when I booked the room via the 1-800 Holiday phone line. We needed the extra bed because our daughter was with us. Upon check in we were told the room did not have a sleeper in it because it had the tub. We could be moved to a room with a extra bed but I booked this hotel for the jacuzzi tub. The agent said she would inform the manager there was a problem with the website "Again". I said we would check out the room and let them know. Upon checking the room out I pulled up their web page, went back to the front desk and showed them the description that said it would have the sleeper. At that point I said can I get a roll away at no cost? I was informed that they did not have them in the hotel. Other than that the front desk agent seemed to not care about the situation. Yes they said they would move us but that was not the point. I was paying for a room that I was not getting. After calling customer relations the managements solution was that we move to a different room and just have access to the room with the jacuzzi tub! Who wants that?? Haven't to go from room to room. After a while I had my husband speak with them and we were compensated with a lower room rate. The 3 of us had to share a bed for the evening. The hotel was nice, continental breakfast was good. It would have been a very nice stay if it was not for the inaccurate room description and the certain staff with a unsympathetic attitude. Just beware, dont take the description you read as truth, call hotel directly to verify.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Orange County
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I was here on a very busy week before my son moved into his off campus apartment at U of O. We drove 3 days from California. The room was not what I requested (top floor: quiet: as I don't sleep well in hotels). First night there was great no one at hotel. Next night my son got VERY sick. To make a long story short he had to go in for emergency surgery and was in the hospital off and on for the next 3 weeks. My room was booked for the next 5 days and they had my $678. I was NEVER at the hotel except to sleep after being at the hospital from 8:00 am to 10:00PM. Second night they put a high school volleyball team upstairs. Third night they put a crying baby next door to me. Fourth night the crying baby again. Did I mention that I complained every morning to the same 3 people who looked at me like they didn't recognize me. Even though I explained that my son was in the hospital and that I was not going back to California anytime soon. I looked for another hotel in between taking care of my son at the hospital. The entire town was booked as Freshman were now moving into the dorms. When I went to the lobby to ask if I could just stay there I actually started crying (first time in probably 10 years) to have the desk person telling me she couldn't help me. I walked next door to Courtyard to have the manager tell me they were booked but he got on the phone and found me a place down the street at Comfort Inn and prebooked it for me: and he didn't have ANY of my money. I always stay at Holiday Inn Express but after this experience I started thinking this isn't the first time that Holiday Inn Desk Clerks have treated me like I'm not a human being. I would never stay at this hotel and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. I ended up missing 2 flights home and stayed for a total of 19 days in a hotel: Comfort Inn & Courtyard both of who treated me great AND volunteered to charge me hospital rate.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
virginia
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We arrived at the hotel after a long flight into Portland. We were met by a lovely, friendly front desk clerk. Our room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. Breakfast was plentiful in the morning. This hotel comes highly recommended for folks looking for a clean, economical, and friendly place!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I had read reviews on Trip Advisor for this hotel and it definitely lived up to the best of the reviews. We were travelling from Southern Oregon to Lincoln City and needed a place to stop overnight on our way there. This hotel was perfect. We arrived late in the evening as planned and everything was clean, the staff was friendly, the hotel was quiet and the morning breakfast was free and tasted great. They had lots of choices considering it was free. Cereal, bagels, omlettes, yogurt, etc etc. The price was great as well.

• Stayed August 2010
Reviewed July 24, 2010

My family, my wife and two kids planned to stay here two nights before heading out for crater lake and we will never come back! We checked-in at about 9pm and were given a room with two queen beds, just what we asked for. However the room smelled horrible. We thought it might be damp from the pool or just bad ventelation. We opened up the windows but the room smelled!
It was too late to find another room hotel and they didn't have any other rooms so we just had to get through the night. The carpet was also dingy, old and worn. We kept our shoes/ socks on. In the morning I went to find out why the room smelled so horrible and I asked if the room was used for pets. It was. That's great if you have a pet but a nasty surprise if you don't. We have a family dog and love dogs but this room stunk!
We were very upset that we weren't informed on arrival that our room was used for people with pets. Who knows why it smelled so bad in there! One of us could have even had an allergy. We quickly checked out and the lady at the front desk was not apologetic. We stayed in the Comfort Suites and they were way better! I would recommend those!

• Stayed August 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Courtyard Eugene Springfield
Courtyard Eugene Springfield
#7 of 14 in Springfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene

Been to Holiday Inn Express Springfield? Share your experiences!