“Average rooms, annoying front desk staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Average rooms, annoying front desk staff”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hhonors Diamond, stayed a half dozen times in the past year.

This is a very average HGI - neither good nor bad in terms of room quality and amenities - but the front desk staff has a crappy approach to their job. I had to ask twice before I was simply given the King room I reserved. Why would you try to force your best customers to accept a handicapped bathroom? A 'jacuzzi suite?' (blech - NOT desirable). Given that everyone else (manager Stefan, restaurant worker Daniel) was SO nice and hospitable, management ought to have a word with the front desk workers.

Room Tip: Choose a good room?!??! I'm Diamond and those snotty front desk workers wouldn't even give...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Danhedonia
Greg T, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Danhedonia,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you feel our hotel is "average" as we strive to make every guests' stay extraordinary. I would very much like to speak to you to personnally apologize for the experience you had during your stay. If you would be so kind as to contact me at 541-741-4682 I would love the opportunity to make amends for your stay.

Hilton Garden Inn - Eugene/Springfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My stay was great. It was a personal vacation for myself to get away from supervising my own hotel staff and a break from my school work. Everything in the room worked accordingly and EVERYTHING was so clean and fresh! Staff was wonderful, pool is a little small but it made it easier to help show my niece to swim. I give this a 10+ and will definitely return

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor reveiw of our Hotel. As you know from your own hotel, we value our guest feedback with the highest priority. I am so happy to hear that our Hotel provided a comfortable and peaceful time away from your duties and I hope that when the time comes again to escape that the Hilton Garden Inn - Eugene/Springfield will be your choice in the Eugene/Springfield area. We all look forward to serving you again.

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a relatively new HGI. It is comfortable and has easy access to the interstate. Breakfast is very good. Their lounge helps to ease a long day of driving.

Front desk personnel are helpful, but easily get distracted. Their knowledge of local activities is okay. Restaurant recommendations are about the same. Hopefully, with time, these will improve.

Overall, it is still a great value for the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg T, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear fourpurrs,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of our Hotel. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and hope that you will return when in the area again. Thank you for your feedback about the Front Desk personnel. We strive to meet every guests expectation, especially with regards to service, and I am sorry that we missed our opportunity during this trip. As we are continually improving our goals, I have no doubt that the next time you stay with us we will WOW you with our hotel. I look forward to serving you in the future.

Poway, California
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We always choose HGI when we come to Eugene. Location is convenient to airport, dining, shopping and visiting UO. Airport shuttle is a big plus. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed March 2013
Greg T, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Debbie T,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of our Hotel. It's always nice to hear when we have accomplished what we strive for, A wonderful stay for our guests! I am pleased that you have made the Hilton Garden Inn - Eugene/Springfield you hotel of choice in the Eugene/Springfield area and we all look forward to serving you again in the future.

Southern Oregon
Reviewed March 24, 2013

First impression was that the hotel feels new and has a beautiful lobby. Service at check-in was great.
Booked on Priceline and got a great deal compared to advertised rate and hotel accommodated our request for a room with two beds.
However, the room left more to be desired. Upon walking in the room smelled musty as other reviewers mentioned. Window to the outside opens, which helped with the smell, and you get use to it after some time until you are in the bathroom where the smell seems to originate from.
Beds have some sort of firm to soft dial, which didn't seem to make the bed any more comfortable. It always felt overly firm and made getting to sleep hard anytime I was woken up in the night, which was often. This was due to what seemed to be thin floors and walls. A kid was running in the room above us, which was easily heard, as well as a baby crying late at night. Alarms went off at late ours that could be heard. Overall, not a great nights sleep.
Pool was busy with lots of kids while we were there as well, which made the pool feel small and noisy.
Not my favorite, but not the worse place you could stay in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on a top floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ChateauCC
Greg T, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear ChateauCC,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a TripAdvisor review of our hotel. We very much appreciate feedback from our guests. It is wonderful to hear that the service from our staff left a lasting impression during your stay. I am very sorry for any inconvenience you were caused from some of our other guests in the hotel. While group teams make up a portion of our rooms, we try very hard to make sure the teams are not disturbing our other guests. We are working on a better placement plan to avoid situation like this in the future. Our Housekeeping and maintenance department are working very hard to make sure the guest rooms smell fresh, clean, and welcoming upon entry and I am sorry that we missed our opportunity during your stay. I hope that in the future we are able to exceed your expectations when you stay with us.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This appears to be a brand new Hilton Garden Inn. The front desk staff were helpful, fast, and professional.The room was excellent, and the convenient location right off the freeway and close to many restaurants made this stop that much more enjoyable. My only gripe was that the 149.00 per night seemed a little higher than the usual 109.00 rate I usually pay at HG Inns. Aside from the rate, this was a top notch place to stay!

Note: there is a Holiday Inn Express across the street, which also appears new. I would bet that their rates are notably lower.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear charlesodonnell,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of our Hotel. Our guests' feedback is crucial to making sure everyone that stays with us gets the best possible experience. Although the room rate during you most recent stay may have been higher than you are used to paying, our rates are dynamic. This means that they fluctuate with the demand for rooms in the city as well as seasons. There is a good chance that the next time you stay with us the rates will be lower than what you may have paid. I am happy to hear that our front desk staff made an impression with you and I hope that your experience during this stay will bring you back in the future. We look forward to serving you.

Xenia
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Eugene/Springfield was friendly, clean, and accommodating! The hotel staff were awesome! The shuttle took me to and from a nearby conference and to a shopping mall! The serve was outstanding. The restaurant food was delicious and the price was right. Our stay was excellent!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Greg T, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Cheryl l,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you, like many travellers, have enjoyed your stay with us. Our complimentary guest shuttle is an amenity that really helps us serve our guests and make sure they get to where they need to go. Im glad that you were able to take advantage of our Great American Grill full service breakfast and hope that you are able to enjoy all of these amenitities and more the next time you stay with us.

Hilton Garden Inn - Eugene/Springfield
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Comfort Suites
Hilton Eugene
Hilton Eugene
#4 of 35 in Eugene
Holiday Inn Express Springfield

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield? Share your experiences!