“Clean. Great breakfast buffet.”

Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Clean. Great breakfast buffet.”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

New hotel. Rooms are clean. Staff is friendly. Adjustable bed firmness is a good feature. Hot breakfast buffet with made to order food. Worth the few extra dollars to get breakfast included when you book. Easy access to I-5.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights on 8/10 and 8/11. The lobby area is very beautiful, and the hotel (public areas and guest rooms) is very clean. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. The lady at checkin always has a great smile on her face. The beds are very comfortable with adjustable settings. I usually have problem sleeping on first night when traveling, but had a sound sleep this time. I would contribute to the bed. Also, the towels are very soft. The room has a small microwave and fridge. There are several different types of restaurants within walking distance.

When we visited the pool area, we were surprised to see shaped towels on the side tables. Some are shaped like elephants, others like swans, and turtles. Not sure if they were there during the grand opening photo shooting or always like that. My kids love them.

Overall, a great hotel with great people at a great location. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2011

There are plenty of hitels in the area around $99 dollars, but this one is certainly worth the 20 dolars extra.. when you are traveling, having a great clean comfortable room to recover is a blessing.. That's what we got.. defintely coming back.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank wizzard99
Sacramento, California
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My son and I stayed here for 3 days in a room with two Queen beds. The hotel is brand new and very clean. We were very happy with the comfort of the beds.They have a buffet breakfast that is very good and they have cooked to order eggs and even have a restaurant on site. The location is right on I-5 so freeway access is excellent. I do have a couple issues that are minor but should be brought up. We were there on the first hot day of the summer and the room air conditioner worked great. As soon as we walked out of the room into the hallway it felt like we walked into a steam bath. I was on the 5th floor and the hallway had no air conditioning what so ever. I wasn't the only person to complain about this. Also couldn't figure out why the elevators were so slow. They also have a small bar on site but it closes at 9:00 PM. Isn't there any way to have this open later especially on Friday and Saturday nights? They have a small pantry to buy snacks and soda. Can I suggest you sell a cheap bottle opener? We wanted to have a couple beers in our room Saturday night and called the front desk and they didn't have one and the pantry didn't sell them. These are very minor complaints and I'm sure this hotel will be going through some growing pains. I do highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Southeast
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I was to stay for several weeks for a contract. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I stayed for only a few weeks. However, I was immediately made to feel at home. From the front desk to the servers at breakfast, to the maintenance staff - everyone was working to make me feel as if I were the only guest in the hotel! This was pretty amazing as they were booked most of the time. The rooms are neat and spacious. The only real drawback is that there are just a few rooms with bathtubs. However, as I rarely take a bath while on the road - this was not an issue.

The breakfasts were great and the staff was able to cook whatever I wanted - from poached eggs on toast to yummy french toast! In addition, there are several restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask about the whirlpool rooms.