“Servers are rude and food is just OK.”
Review of Mookie's Northwest Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mookie's Northwest Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have been here a few times because I work nearby. Each time the servers take forever just to greet you and they are always rude! The best thing on the menu is the burger but that's not hard to mess up. Everything else is just OK. Not worth it!

Reviewed December 21, 2010

Everyone had the Hot Seafood Salad (dressing on the side and no one used it just lemon) and everyone raved. The bottle of wine was reasonable and Becca our waitress was great. My wife and her sister (from opposite coasts) were in town for a family function and we sat for a very long time and the staff was great. As we were leaving Mookie himself came out of the kitchen and even took time to take a group picture out front.

Great place run by Mookie himself with clearly a lot of personal investment in the quality and service.

Reviewed October 28, 2010

We researched and found this off the beaten path restaurant that looked like it had an interesting menu. We arrive before 6 on a Friday night, never need reservations that early. They said it would be 10 minutes. After 5 minutes they told us it would be 45 minutes. There were quite a few tables available. They said they could seat us right away in the hallway front entrance area to the building. We couldn't believe it. We walked out. I suppose they don't care that we will never try them again because of it. Oh, not to mention we have told the story to anyone that would listen.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

My wife and I have eaten at Mookie's when it was in a different location. We loved it and the food was very good. For our date night we wanted to go some place nice. We saw that Mookie's was now open again so we were excited to go there. The location is out of the way but nice and the outside looks good.

We walked in the front door and waited for a while. After several waiters looked at us, we were helped. Table for two. The waitress, Karin, informed us of the specials and my wife and I ended up ordering from those choices. Our order was placed at 7:40 pm. We ordered an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms. The appetizer was taking a while so I decided to have a piece of the sliced bread that Karin brought out. Hard as a rock and stale.

After some time had passed and Karin kept walking past our table she said that they were out of mushroom caps and they could make it with a portabella mushroom. Sounded good. So, more time passed and Karin kept walking past us. She finally said that it would be out soon. It came. I was glad to see that it came with toasted bread. The shrimp and crab stuffing for the appitizer was cold and very oily. The portabella mushroom was raw and covered in oil. I ended up scraping the stuffing off of the raw mushroom and putting it on the bread. Karin asked if everything was ok. Not wanting to make a scene by telling Karin that the appetizer was horrible, the reply from my wife was, "yeah, ok".

The salads came, the only good part of the meal. It was a salad. Good croutons though.

Finally the dinner arrived at 9:10. It was an hour and half from ordering the food to getting our dinner on our table.

I had ordered the steak and cakes. It was a filet mignon with 2 seafood cakes and mashed potatoes. My wife had ordered steak medallions in pasta. We had both ordered our steaks medium. My steak looked like a charcoal. The outside was burnt to a crisp. After cutting my steak, there were three levels of doneness. It was from burnt, to very done(which was dry), to well. I had to cut the layers of burnt and well done from the outside of the steak to get to the well in the middle. I was only able to eat about 1/3 of the steak because the rest was too done or burnt. The seafood cakes were a dissapointment too. They tasted like a cold oily crab cake. They were not good. The mashed potatoes were the best thing on the plate.

My wife asked me to try her steak. It was almost unedible. It was almost as hard as a rock. Agian, she had ordered medium doneness. We left most of our food.

We both were very dissapointed on our dinner experience at Mookie's. The restaurant is nice inside with the exception it is very cold to the point I had to wear a coat the entire time we were there. There are many waiters and waitresses there, but the service is not good. The entire time we where there, Karin only came by once to ask if everything was ok. That was over a period of an hour and a half. We will not be returning back to Mookie's.

On the positive side, the bottle of wine we had was very good, and we were only charged for a glass of it.