“Ask if Buddy is cooking...if so, Go, Eat, Enjoy”
Review of Aunt Dings Family Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Veneta, Oregon
“Ask if Buddy is cooking...if so, Go, Eat, Enjoy”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I have been to Aunt Dings on numerous occasions...although I have never had breakfast there. They have good patty melts, hamburgers and cheeseburgers...there is nothing fancy about the food served here but it is good. They also have a lunch special each day which you can also get half orders...which is more than enough food for me. I will say that some of the younger waitresses would never be considered "Server of the Year" material but they are clean and polite...if a bit inattentive. As I mentioned before Buddy is a wonderful cook and generally works the morning shift...his abilities in the kitchen are a cut above the other cooks at this restaraunt.

• Visited October 2011

Eugene, Oregon
“never again!”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

after taking a nice, morning drive in the country with the wife, we were starting to get a little hungry. Stopped at aunt dings (wasn't crowded). no one greeted us. we had to get someone's attention to find out that we should seat ourselves.. after being ignored repeatedly, we started asking for attention and each waitress rudely told us we were either next or would be seen soon.. it took over an hour to order food and people who showed up after us were seated and fed before we had ordered. i'm guessing they didn't want to serve "our kind".
now, on to the food: not worth the wait!

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank mel543
Springfield, Oregon
“Won't go again....”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

After seeing the commerical on tv, we thought to give it a try. This place is horrible. Food seemed to come out of cans. Sorry.

• Visited April 2011
3 Thank mrsbootc
Springfield Oregon USA
“Our absolute favorite eating-out destination”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Love everything about this warm, welcoming restaurant with a down-home feel, a great menu with reasonable prices, terrific food, staff friendly and helpful ~ and it's NOT A CHAIN! Have never been disappointed here. Well worth the short drive from where we live in Springfield. Our favorites would have to be the turkey dinners and chicken fried steaks. And OH, those delicious fresh made rolls!!! Had a big family breakfast there, everyone enjoyed it immensely. I think they now have dancing on weekends, we haven't gotten to do that yet. There is a bar sort of shielded on the far side of the building with all the usual things including lottery tickets. Plenty of parking. Give it a whirl, and be sure to read the menu, about the story of Aunt Ding's.

• Visited June 2011
Arlington, Washington
“Never again”
Reviewed July 4, 2010

My family and I stopped in Eugene on our way to visit my husband who is working out of town on the Oregon coast. While were in our hotel room I saw a commercial for Aunt Ding's, and it sounded like just the ticket for the morning of our departure. We drove the 20 minutes or so out the Mackenzie Highway expecting a wonderful meal. We were so incredibly disappointed. My apple juice arrived with a chunk of something attached to the inside of the glass. I ordered scrambled eggs but received over easy. I didn't want to make a fuss about the eggs after complaining about the glass so I said nothing. The hashed browns/country potatoes that came with the eggs were just awful. Then my daughter found a hair in her omelet. She pulled the hair out and tried to ignore it but just couldn't and ended up not eating her breakfast. When the waitress FINALLY came around to check on us and asked if my daughter wanted a box to take her food in, I told her no, that she had found a hair in it and that she couldn't eat it (our plan being to pay and get the heck out of there quickly). Then the chaos ensued. The plate was evidently taken back to the kitchen for a hair inspection. When they couldn't find the hair, they returned to our table to inquire about where the hair was. She told them she had pulled it out of her plate and put it on the floor (evidently this is not correct procedure when you find a hair in your food). They left us again and I don't know what was discussed at that point, but then as we were heading to the cash register to pay for the meal, we were approached by a woman who I assumed was the owner. She indicated that she would not be charging for the meal, but that we should have saved the hair to identify who it belonged to, and that this is evidently a common practice of restaurant patrons to skip out on meals. I told her I had every intention of paying for the meal, and she said "I never said you didn't!" The whole experience was one I'd like to forget. I would never eat there again, and would never recommend it to anyone.

3 Thank dukkandpooh