“Mixed results”

Ranked #1 of 178 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant and tap house cater to the "Beer Geek", but also the business traveler and families that are out to enjoy great food and drink in a comfortable, fun atmosphere. We are located right off of I-5 and Gateway just behind McDonald's.
Regina, Canada
“Mixed results”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were travelling through the area on our way home to Canada. The BW told us this was good pub food. The fish and chips were okay. The fish was good the fresh cut fries were okay. No cold slaw or any thing with the fish and chips. Now one of our party ordered a well done hamburger which came out the first time raw and the second time - after a15 minute wait - like a dried hockey puck. He said it was the worst hamburger he had ever had in 50+ years. The Stepchild red ale was very hoppy and cloudy. So far worst meal we have had in three weeks of travel.

• Visited March 2013

Eugene, Oregon
“Greasy, at least fish was good...”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Could be better, could be worse.
Would not reccomend.

Food...
+ Good fish on the Fish n Chips plate: 4 or 5 big chunks of very white cod.
+\- The batter was thick (read: greasy) and was soggy on the bottom of some pieces...
- With the option of beer battered fries or fresh potato chips, I chose chips.
- The fish were served on top of the chips, so I went ahead ate them with my hands! I learned, after tasting them that the chips are freshly FRIED, not fresh CUT as you might assume when a menu says Fresh Potato Chips. Dry little pheres of grease they are.
- My hubby's sandwich was bland and dry. Fries were nothing special. He ordered a Hop Valley root beer to start but it never came. So I ordered itagain, not charged double and it was good at least.

Atmophere (Friday Lunchtime)
It's loud.
The service, young waitresses wearing shorts and tank tops, are hired more for thir looks than service skills probably, but not unfriendly. Restaurant is pretty clean, I'd say.

Competitively priced.
Many other restaurants in area.
Menu online.
Maybe a salad if I return.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank skates79
ontheroad80
“Great stopover place”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hop Valley is conveniently located for those of us from Seattle headed south. Located in the middle of chain hotels and restaurants, it is a real gem. Four of us went there early on a Thursday night and were lucky to get the last table for four. Place was full and most of them were locals. Service was almost instantaneous and made suggestions on the menu. All of us ordered different entrees from coconut prawns, grilled pastrami sandwich, chilli, and salad. All of us very pleased. The beer is also excellent with a good variety. A keeper! Will definitely be back when travelling South.

Cottage Grove, Oregon
“Very nice surprise!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Having gotten tired of the same old places we decided to try Hop Valley and that place was indeed "Hopping" very full of patrons and a bit noisy, but not enough to be a turn off. I ate the best grilled chicken caesar salad I've had in quite a while. My hubby ate a big burger and had a nice Hefe beer. Our waitress was exceptionally friendly, genuine and super helpful with my Gluten free questions. Look forward to eating here again very soon.

Medford, Oregon
“Solid Beer”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have only eaten here a couple of times and the food is always good. However, anytime I am in Eugene I try to make a point of walking over and having a beer. There IPA and Porter are both top notch.