“Fantastic Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of McKenzie Orchards Bed and Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Springfield
McKenzie Orchards Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Springfield B&B and Inns
Gallatin, Tennessee
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was the first time I was able to talk my husband into staying at a B & B. He is now a convert. Our room was new, spacious, clean and comfortable. The B&B was in a beautiful setting yet close to activities and tourist sites. The inn keepers, David and Deb provided excellent service, were very helpful and friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. They were great cooks too! The breakfasts were excellent with lots of variety each day. We also enjoyed wine and treats in the evening.We will definitely stay there again when in the area and recommend it to everyone. A top quality experince.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Having stayed in B&Bs all over the world I have to say that McKenzie Orchards is one of the best! My wife and I spent a relaxing night there in early August. The facility is absolutely first class, the hosts are very friendly and welcoming. We had delicious homemade potstickers and Oregon wine in the evening before dinner and a wonderful breakfast the next morning. My wife was enthralled by an opportunity to feed apples from the orchard to the horse that lives next door. If you're going anywhere near Springfield or Eugene, OR you should stay here...we'll be back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower level have a view over the pasture to the river and a private balcony.
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Mckenzie orchards was a truly pleasant surprise. Elegant & secluded. A great location on the river with beautiful trees loaded with fruit surrounded. Our hostess was Deb with her husband David who were "Inn sitting" and couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Our delicious breakfast on the deck was wonderful. I wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Schallie Falls room
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights at McKenzie Orchards as part of a 10-day trip through Washington and Oregon, staying mostly in B&Bs. McKenzie was at the top of the list in our experience. The quality of the accommodations, cleanliness, location, breakfasts, and proximity to the river and wine country . . . everything was just perfect. The building, which can't be more than five or so years old, was obviously carefully designed to the last detail for the convenience and comfort of guests, and the attentive-but-not-intrusive approach of Karen and Tom was just right. I will recommend McKenzie to any family and friends traveling to the Eugene area, and we will definitely be returning on our next trip. Because of the open, attractive, and well-organized living spaces on all three floors, McKenzie would also make an ideal executive retreat facility. If my business was closer, I'd bring my administrative team there in a heartbeat and they would love it. Book with absolute confidence.

Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

The overview: This lovely bed and breakfast is a real treasure. I have a terrible habit of reading the most negative review first. I am so glad I went with my gut and the weight of positive reviews and disregarded it. MacKenzie Orchards is truly a wonderful place to stay and the owners could not be more pleasant.

The basics: MacKenzie Orchards is immaculately clean, spacious, and provides many amenities. Breakfast is included and is delicious. Beds were the most comfortable of our trip. My wife looked at the tag of the pillows because she is obsessed with them. The surrounding farm lands are idyllic.

In depth: Staying at MacKenzie Orchards is like staying with a highly attentive aunt and uncle. We felt at home as soon as we arrived. Our flight came in late, but Tom was up burning the midnight oil so that we would not be disconcerted upon arrival. Instead of fussing with paperwork, he directed us to our room and told us to worry about it in the morning. This was one of many small kind gestures that we would come to experience over the course of our stay.

Our room was spacious and our bathroom was a real treat--his and her wash basins, a hot tub, powerful shower, and plenty of space to lay out our belongings.

Tom and Karen are both friendly people, but they were perfectly unobtrusive as well. Once I had asked for advice on local breweries, Tom mentioned in passing that he brewed his own beer and would be glad to share one. After I returned from the brewery and while my wife performed the nearly impossible task of trying to make herself more beautiful, we sat down for one of his concoctions. Tom modestly explained that the IPA was a bit "green" in the bottle. But I couldn't tell. The beer and the conversation were both refreshing.

Conclusion: After staying here, we went to Portland and visited with an old professor friend of mine, his wife, and their kids. They made the mistake of observing that they wanted to go to Eugene. We must have spent about ten minutes extolling the virtues of MacKenzie Orchards. I would recommend MacKenzie Orchards to all my friends and I recommend it to you, kind reader.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and particularly enjoyed the skylight, but our friends stayed below and h...
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I couldn't have chosen a more idyllic place to stay for our weekend in Springfield. We, along with several friends, stayed at MKOBB when we flew into town for our friends' wedding.

I have to confess, it was my first time staying at a Bed and Breakfast and I wasn't sure what to expect. Honestly, it was even better than a luxury hotel. My husband and I chose the Sahalie Falls room-- It was beautifully decorated, spacious, and immaculate, with a beautiful view. In addition to the shower, it has a big tub, a king size bed, and all the amenities of a 5-star hotel-- oh! except a TV. But you will not miss it!! There is so much to see and do at this beautiful home, which, by the way, was built by Tom (the owner) himself and a crew of two people!!

Speaking of Tom-- he and his wife Karen are the perfect hosts: so friendly, so accommodating, and.... great cooks!! We arrived very late on our flight and Tom waited up until nearly midnight just to welcome us. The next morning (and every morning), Tom and Karen cooked us THE most amazing breakfasts, which even consisted of some of the fruits they grow themselves which include okra, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, asparagus, apples, strawberries, basil, hops (with which they make their own beer...), and I'm sure other things I can't remember!

When my group of friends wanted to hang out, there was a lounge (with a TV) and stocked with a comfy couch, big table, and a fridge that all the guests are welcomed to use.

A great spot for a couple or for a group of friends-- I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Sahalie Falls is on the second floor and feels very private.
1 Thank KarinaSophia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Was here for a wedding last weekend and despite the fact they "welcome dogs," they must mean stuffed ones. We have VERY well-behaved dogs and the woman spent a good chunk of time on the phone w me going back and forth about it, so, I decided to just leave the dogs in the back of the truck to prevent complication.
When going to check out, we didn't get a "good morning," it was all about the check and conversation was short.
With many other options to consider in this area, I don't recommend this place at all.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
cookingteacher1, Owner at McKenzie Orchards Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We obviously could not meet the needs this guest had; she should have stayed somewhere else. She was attending a nearby wedding; the room was booked for her by the bride and groom without her involvement, and they did not mention she had two dogs with her. We believe her dissatisfaction was largely fueled by her finding out upon checkout that she had to pay for the room, as she had expected it was already paid for. Although we welcome dogs, it is subject to our discretion, and her need for a single bedroom with three adults and two dogs was not going to work well here. When she arrived, she in fact told us "I decided not to bring the dogs because it was too much of a hassle", and we thought the issue was settled. In addition, she cannot fairly evaluate our hospitality as she stayed only one night, was here only briefly, came back very late and declined our breakfast, as she was going to a brunch somewhere else. We had even agreed the night before to prepare her a personal breakfast to meet her dietary requirements, even though we had five other rooms to serve. We showed her the same courtesy and services as we give all our guests -- see review posted by Sandra S. who stayed the same night.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
#10 of 14 in Springfield
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 14 in Springfield

Been to McKenzie Orchards Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!