“Nice place to stay outside of the hustle and bustle”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Springfield
McKenzie Orchards Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Springfield B&B and Inns
Wisconsin
“Nice place to stay outside of the hustle and bustle”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here while exploring Washington and Oregon. The room was large, bright, well appointed, and clean.
The owners were on vacation, and there was a very nice inn "sitter" who took care of us. She brought us wine and a snack tray, and had suggestions on where we could have dinner.
We took a walk down by the river and it was very relaxing.
The next morning we had an excellent gourmet breakfast.
Overall, we would definitely recommend this inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Corvallis, Oregon, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My entire family stayed at McKenzie Orchard B&B last month! They'd come up from California to see my wedding. The B&B is lovely, and the innkeepers (Tom & Karen) are wonderful, accomodating people. With only a few minutes' notice, they threw together wonderful gatherings for my husbands' family and my family at their facility. They were dream facilitators of everything, and made the entire process of prepping for a wedding as painless as possible (I will add that our wedding was at a church in Springfield, but most of the family gatherings were at their B&B). Thank you both so much! Highly recommend. Lovely facilities, helpful staff, beautiful location, and an excellent selection of wines. Can't be beat!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at McKenzie Orchards B & B when we wanted to see and photograph the waterfalls in the Willamette National Forest. Tom was extremely helpful in pointing us in the right direction, as well as pointing us to the covered bridges as well. We really enjoyed our stay - our room was large, very comfortable, and had the best shower we experienced on our trip. We also had a lovely deck outside our room, and a lovely view of the local wildlife. When we went for a stroll, we even saw a family of otters in the river behind the house.
Even though this place was out in the country, it also wasn't too far from a very reasonable restaurant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boquete, Panama
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night kind of at the last minute on our way up to Portland. Very large nicely decorated rooms. Super nice hosts. River behind the house you can go down to and set for awhile - folding chairs provided. We got in late and didn't want to go back out for food - They offered to fix dinner (for a price $18/person). IT WAS WORTH IT! Best gourmet meal we had in two weeks of travel. I never eat fish - failed to mention it - guess what we were served - yep - fish, but fresh fish and it was GREAT!! One downside if you call it that - no TV or Music available in the rooms. We like to chill in the evenings and in order to do so, we used a common TV room available which was ok since we were only guests that night, it was a Sunday.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
cookingteacher1, Owner at McKenzie Orchards Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
We have a big-screen plasma TV in the guest lounge. However, there are some guests for whom in-room TV's in each room are very important. For these guests, the experience of staying with us will lack what they perceive as a key amenity, and so they should probably stay somewhere else. We choose not to have in-room TV's because they inevitably add noise to the environment that diminishes the experience of other guests. We place a great emphasis on peace and quiet at McKenzie Orchards.
Belmont, California
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We recently took a trip to visit our son while he was at summer school at UO. When I searched for pet-friendly accommodations in Eugene, there were not a ton of choices beyond the lower-end chains, and nothing rated very highly. On a whim, I searched specifically for pet-friendly B and B's, and found McKenzie Orchards. I hesitated, because it looked to be a long way from campus, but the website made the property look so appealing, we went with it. How happy for us - and for our canine traveling companion, Ella.
Although it is a few miles beyond the "buzz" of campus, we found that to be a huge plus. It was so peaceful and relaxing, we didn't mind not walking to campus. The most it ever took was a 20 minute drive.
The property is lovely - acres of meadow, garden, riverfront, and even bocce ball! Ella was thrilled at the chance to wander after days on the road. The house is recently-built, especially designed to be a B & B. If you're looking for Victorian charm and vintage plumbing, this is not your place. As my husband said (with considerable relief in his voice), "Not a lace doily in sight!"
Both Tom and Karen are wonderful hosts and culinary masters. We enjoyed chatting with them and sharing a bit of our life stories. We have stayed at a few other B and B's in Eugene before, where owners/staff were very "distant" (we pretty much only saw them to get key and pay). Part of what we enjoy at a B & B is meeting new people.
We will most definitely stay here again, whether or not Ella is traveling with us.

Room Tip: Certain rooms are designated for travelers with pets; so it's best to call and confirm availabil...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Montauk, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My son and I had the opportunity to stay at the MKOBB in early July, 2012. My son will be attending the U of O in the fall and this was our first trip to the Eugene area. I chose the B&B after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. Our experience there was even better than we had hoped for. Karen & Tom were very attentive to our needs, helping us find our way around town, find places to shop, things to do, and even help find a vet for my son's dog. The breakfasts were terrific and always included delicious fresh fruit, house made bread or coffee cake, eggs, bacon and more. We had Karen fix us dinner one night and that was great as well. We took the opportunity to sample some local Oregon wines during the 4 PM wine & snack time the hosts so graciously include every day. We stayed in one of the dog-friendly rooms on the lower level and we had our own entrance to the B&B right next to our room. Coffee was available at all times (help-yourself K-cups). The guest room was large, clean, and modern. The bathrooms were well-built with high-end plumbing fixtures. We enjoyed walking down to the river, playing bocce on the professional bocce court, and making use of the TV room to watch tennis from Wimbledon. Most B&Bs are converted older homes, some very quaint and beautiful. This one is different in that it is a modern B&B that was custom built to provide every possible convenience for its guests. I will definitely be staying there again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kamuela
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I'm not a b&b guy but my wife and sister in-law chose this place for Valentines day and a visit to my daughter at U of O. We signed up for the Valentine day cooking class and dinner. It was great. I don't think I could have matched a better Valentine dinner for my wife and I. Tom kept the local wines going and Karen kept the food coming.
The place was VERY clean and roomy. I was expecting a bed in a spare room, but all the rooms are master bedrooms with the master bedroom amenities. The property is huge and it is on the river.
I would highly recomend McKenzie Orchards for anyone visiting Eugene.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Inn at the 5th
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 14 in Springfield
Campbell House, A City Inn

Been to McKenzie Orchards Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!