“We were treated like family!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of McKenzie Orchards Bed and Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Springfield
McKenzie Orchards Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Springfield B&B and Inns
Montauk, New York
“We were treated like family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

My son and I had the opportunity to stay at the MKOBB in early July, 2012. My son will be attending the U of O in the fall and this was our first trip to the Eugene area. I chose the B&B after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. Our experience there was even better than we had hoped for. Karen & Tom were very attentive to our needs, helping us find our way around town, find places to shop, things to do, and even help find a vet for my son's dog. The breakfasts were terrific and always included delicious fresh fruit, house made bread or coffee cake, eggs, bacon and more. We had Karen fix us dinner one night and that was great as well. We took the opportunity to sample some local Oregon wines during the 4 PM wine & snack time the hosts so graciously include every day. We stayed in one of the dog-friendly rooms on the lower level and we had our own entrance to the B&B right next to our room. Coffee was available at all times (help-yourself K-cups). The guest room was large, clean, and modern. The bathrooms were well-built with high-end plumbing fixtures. We enjoyed walking down to the river, playing bocce on the professional bocce court, and making use of the TV room to watch tennis from Wimbledon. Most B&Bs are converted older homes, some very quaint and beautiful. This one is different in that it is a modern B&B that was custom built to provide every possible convenience for its guests. I will definitely be staying there again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kamuela
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I'm not a b&b guy but my wife and sister in-law chose this place for Valentines day and a visit to my daughter at U of O. We signed up for the Valentine day cooking class and dinner. It was great. I don't think I could have matched a better Valentine dinner for my wife and I. Tom kept the local wines going and Karen kept the food coming.
The place was VERY clean and roomy. I was expecting a bed in a spare room, but all the rooms are master bedrooms with the master bedroom amenities. The property is huge and it is on the river.
I would highly recomend McKenzie Orchards for anyone visiting Eugene.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Hillsboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

I was on google looking for an open valentines day cooking class and this popped up in the search engine. the deal was for a valentines weekend and included a cooking class, five course meal with wine pairings, room, chocolates, flowers, and breakfast in the morning. The deal sounded amazing for the price so I went ahead and called to make the reservation. I spoke to Karen who was extremely sweet over the phone. She guaranteed a romantic room for my boyfriend and I. I also asked if there were any good hiking places nearby and she reccommmended 4 really good ones. She was so helpful about everything and seemed really excited about having us over.

On Saturday we went for a hike at Spencers butte (5 miles away) then she called to make sure we could make it to her cooking class. We arrived at 430 and were welcomed by Tom who was so welcoming to his home. He explained why he built the house and showed us to our GORGEOUS room that overlooked the mckenzie river. The room had a timed gas fireplace, a two person shower with double heads, private balcony...everything was stellar!

We came down around 530 and took the fun two hour cooking class while we ate appetizers and had some great wine! Then they had set up a romantic little table for us and served us a delicious five course meal with wine pairings.

For breakfast we had delicious waffles & bacon,

This was probably one of the greatest experiences we have had. Karen and Tom are such an amazing couple and seem to have traveled all over the world. I would reccommend this place place to anyone and any age group. I could say a million good things about the place and Karen/Tom!

We usually don't like going to places more than once but this is a place we will want to come to annually!

Room Tip: We had the Ohalie Creek room, perfect for couples! gas fireplace, private patio, double headed showe...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica N
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

My adult son and I stayed here.two nights on a nostalgia trip to Oregon. What a hugely happy circumstance it was to find MOB&B! Already dreaming of future stays...

Room Tip: (Oops, iPad error... don't know if there is a fitness center or pool)
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Janet B
Glencoe, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

If TripAdvisor had a 6-star rating, I'd happily plant it at the doorstep of McKenzie Orchards B&B near Eugene, Oregon. My son and I stayed 3 nights there while attending his college orientation at University of Oregon. I figured if this B&B hosted cooking classes, then we'd at least enjoy a great breakfast. Little did I realize -- even after perusing the B&B's on-line photos quite carefully -- that the accommodations, meals and hospitality would far exceed my expectations. From the crisp, farm-house style architecture, soaring dining-room windows that frame fields and river, to the graciously decorated bedrooms and super-comfy beds, we felt completely at home here.

Tom and Karen offered far more than the usual bed and breakfast formula. At cocktail hour, they set up 2 beautiful platters of saucisson, cheeses, veggies, homemade tapenades and breads, in addition to our choice of locally made Oregon wines. What a treat after long days touring the campus, hunting down apartments, and then whitewater rafting 1 hour east of Eugene. (Tom and Karen also expedited that adventure for us!) One evening when we were too bushed to head downtown for dinner, Karen and Tom offered us a "Light Bistro Supper" from a list of about 15 options. This turned out to be a feast that included Karen's prize Thai Chicken Wings recipe on a bed of Jasmine rice with a multi-vegetable slaw in a zesty marinade. For $18, this feast also included a glass of wine and an ice cream sundae covered with lip-smacking, homemade caramel sauce.

But the breakfasts ranked as the best I've ever had at any hotel or B&B. Although Karen & Tom have 2 Keurig coffee makers at-the-ready 24/7 with a variety of tea/coffee options, a fresh pot of hot coffee was poised on the counter as soon as we walked into the dining area. (An by-the-by, K&T asked US what time we wanted to eat -- unlike many B&B's that dictate breakfast time.) First Tom offered us plates of sliced fruit, juice and coffee, with different home-baked goods on the side. (The blueberry muffins are super-moist, fluffy and packed with fat, delicious berries!) Then we stuffed ourselves on different mornings with omelettes, fresh waffles, bacon, chicken sausages, etc. Wow.

Our spacious room offered plenty of space, sunlight, and cool breezes at night, in addition to a super-modern bathroom, beautifully appointed bath with tasteful tiling, Kohler fixtures, double sinks and huge glassed-in shower.

I could go on, but you'll have to experience McKenzie Orchards B&B yourself and find out the rest. I will definitely be looking for more opportunities to visit my son at college -- just so I can stay here again. Thanks to Karen and Tom for raising the quality bar for B&B's.

Room Tip: The on-line descriptions are pretty accurate, but also call and ask for more details from Karne &...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mcdeux
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Wonderful, peaceful, beautiful, get away from it all little piece of heaven.

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms available were perfect.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

Hosts Tom and Karen made us feel very welcome from the moment we arrived. Since we came in late from the airport, they generously offered to provide us with a dinner. Our room was spacious and airy on the top floor with a luxurious spa bathroom and view toward the McKenzie River. In the morning, we were served a sumptuous breakfast. The home is new and modern with five beautiful bedrooms, some with fireplaces. Our hosts were delightful, yet unobtrusive. In summer, they offer float trips down six miles of the river, so we plan to come back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gearhartgardener
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
#10 of 14 in Springfield
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 14 in Springfield

Been to McKenzie Orchards Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!