GuestHouse Inn & Suites Eugene / Springfield
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Dirty hallways, dirty carpet. Old & run down. Glad I did not pay full price of $109-$119. Wifi did not work in our room. Bathroom was recently redone which was nice. Cold biscuits & gravy, cereal for breakfast. Outdoor pool very cold. Staff was pleasant. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Stephanie P, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Eugene / Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

We are really sorry about issues that accord during your stay. We are currently working on these issues and addressing them so they dont happen again.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The property definitely needs a reno. It is in process, but the beds were very poor and the property was shabby looking inside and out. Pick a different property if you can. The location is good, but you are better off to stay at the Super 8, Holiday Inn or Hampton, all located nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie P, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Eugene / Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

We are really sorry about the issues that accord during your stay. We are in the process of updating the hotel. We will take these issues into consideration and work on them as soon as possible. thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was the only hotel that I was able to get a room at because of the college events going on in Eugene. It is an old hotel which was fine and I could tell they were remodeling however the room did have a microwave, fridge and flat screen, the carpet and sofa were filthy and the beds looked good but one was very uncomfortable and the other was ok. We couldn't use the bathroom sink because when we turned the water on it ran right through to the floor so we had to brush our teeth in the bathtub. We will not stay here again, It was $100 for a Tuesday night which was rediculous for this hotel. On our way back through town we stayed at the Quality Inn across the street for the same price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

We are really sorry about the issues that accord during your stay. We are currently in the process of remodeling and updating. We are working on the maintence issues as well. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We greatly apperciate it.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Having stayed recently for two weeks at the Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites, Eugene/Springfield, I am a little surprised at one or two negative comments made in the reviews. Yes, the Hotel is not brand new, however, they are under new management and are updating and renovating the property. I arrived recently having flown in from Ireland. Arrived at 1o'clock in the morning to be greeted by the lovely Miranda. Someone was on hand to help me to the room with my luggage. Oh, ok the room has a metal key - so what. (One review actually complained about that!), I'm sure you could get a plastic key - at the Hilton! (if you want to pay their prices!). Room was excellent. Spotlessly clean, new bed (very comfortable), new flat screen TV, every amenity one could wish for. Hotel in excellent, convenient location. Free shuttle service to the airport, which I used and was grateful for.
Excellent price for my two week stay. Helpful staff. Would I stay at the Hotel again? - You bet I would. Would I recommend the Hotel to fellow travellers - YES!

Room Tip: The master bedroom suites just cost a few extra dollars. But excellent value for money.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Geoff7ace

Thank you for the positive review. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

had to stay here as the area was sold out. Old fashioned metal keys, exterior entry unlocked. No privacy curtain between you and parking lot. I have security concerns with this property because of these reasons. No fridge, no microwave in room. New flat screen TV. Breakfast included stale cereal and bad coffee. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. Some of our rooms include those items not all of our rooms have them. We do offer a 24 hour microwave in the lobby. We are currently updating the hotel. I am sorry about the issues that accord during your stay.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Issue 1, they forgot to clean our room. Still using old fashioned metal keys, lots of stains on the carpets. New flat screen TVs and new beds is not a "remodel" as they seem to think it is. Free coffee in the lobby and a continental breakfast are a nice touch. The hotel met our needs for the weekend, but we will probably not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

We are sorry about the issues that accord during your stay. We are in the process of looking into getting new carpet along with other things for the hotel.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Ok let me say that the staff were friendly. When I arrived they didn't have the reservation I had booked weeks earlier as their computer system had crashed. Luckily they had a room for me as everything in town was sold out for NCAA track championships. That really was the reason I stayed here. It was the only thing close to some meetings I had that looked reasonable. Through no fault of their own this hotel should simply be knocked down and a new one built. In my room the hot water wasn't working. Phones were intermittent. On the wall someone had screwed the paintings to the wall and didn't bother to clean up the dust from drilling through the sheet rock. It was all over the top of the headboard. There was something wiped on one of the walls...no idea what that was and someone had obviously spilled their coffee or some other beverage down the wall behind the bedside table. I can't imagine the reviewers who said that the beds were comfy slept on the same mattress I had. I am normally very level headed and not high maintenance at all, but I was really not that pleased to stay here the two nights I had to. I would not stay here again. I would stay in the next town if every hotel in Eugene/Springfield was sold out and this was the only one available. I would drive on. Sorry staff, you are nice, the property is not.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SerPoeta

We are really sorry for the issues that accord during your stay. Thank you for bringing up these issues. We are working on updating the hotel. We are also adressing the issues with the staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Best Western New Oregon
Best Western New Oregon
#10 of 38 in Eugene
Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Eugene / Springfield? Share your experiences!