“Below average”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Eugene / Springfield
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed June 19, 2013

had to stay here as the area was sold out. Old fashioned metal keys, exterior entry unlocked. No privacy curtain between you and parking lot. I have security concerns with this property because of these reasons. No fridge, no microwave in room. New flat screen TV. Breakfast included stale cereal and bad coffee. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie P, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Eugene / Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for your review. Some of our rooms include those items not all of our rooms have them. We do offer a 24 hour microwave in the lobby. We are currently updating the hotel. I am sorry about the issues that accord during your stay.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Issue 1, they forgot to clean our room. Still using old fashioned metal keys, lots of stains on the carpets. New flat screen TVs and new beds is not a "remodel" as they seem to think it is. Free coffee in the lobby and a continental breakfast are a nice touch. The hotel met our needs for the weekend, but we will probably not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

We are sorry about the issues that accord during your stay. We are in the process of looking into getting new carpet along with other things for the hotel.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Ok let me say that the staff were friendly. When I arrived they didn't have the reservation I had booked weeks earlier as their computer system had crashed. Luckily they had a room for me as everything in town was sold out for NCAA track championships. That really was the reason I stayed here. It was the only thing close to some meetings I had that looked reasonable. Through no fault of their own this hotel should simply be knocked down and a new one built. In my room the hot water wasn't working. Phones were intermittent. On the wall someone had screwed the paintings to the wall and didn't bother to clean up the dust from drilling through the sheet rock. It was all over the top of the headboard. There was something wiped on one of the walls...no idea what that was and someone had obviously spilled their coffee or some other beverage down the wall behind the bedside table. I can't imagine the reviewers who said that the beds were comfy slept on the same mattress I had. I am normally very level headed and not high maintenance at all, but I was really not that pleased to stay here the two nights I had to. I would not stay here again. I would stay in the next town if every hotel in Eugene/Springfield was sold out and this was the only one available. I would drive on. Sorry staff, you are nice, the property is not.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SerPoeta

We are really sorry for the issues that accord during your stay. Thank you for bringing up these issues. We are working on updating the hotel. We are also adressing the issues with the staff.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at the Springfield, OR location while on a brief business trip. Overall the stay was okay, staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean. The hotel itself is old and in need of renovation.

The price for the room was much lower than the other nearby hotels, I now know why. The main reason (I see) is that the hotel is less desirable than the others due its age and condition.

The continental breakfast is minimal with little selection but okay. The coffee they serve is actually pretty good compared to other hotel coffees I’ve tried. There are plenty of good places to eat within walking distance.

Unfortunately this location does not have a fitness center and I did not see any fitness centers nearby. They do have a heated pool but I did not bring my swim suit so did not give it a try.

Their free internet was actually okay, one of the better speeds that I’ve experienced in a hotel. Reception on the TV, with many channels, was poor but thanks to their internet speed and Netflix that wasn't a problem.

If you are just passing through the Eugene, OR area and need a place stay for the night that has a clean bed and shower and an iron to get the wrinkles out of your packed clothes then the Shilo Inn is not a bad choice. Though the hotel is old, their staff friendliness makes up for some of the short-comings. If you are looking for a complete, new, modern hotel then go elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the review. We are currently updating the hotel. We have switched service providers since your stay. And we are currently working on getting a fitness center deal.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Spent a weekend here with my mom and sister. The staff was very friendly, but the room was awful. I tried to sleep on the hide a bed and was found crosswise in it in the middle of the night. The things was so uncomfortable. I had moved between the support bars on my sleep. We had a kitchen, but no dishes to speak of, and a lampshade was broken.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the review. We are really sorry about your experince here. We are currently working on updating our hide-a-beds. We are addressing all of the issues and getting them fixed. We are really sorry.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Close to the freeway which makes it super convenient while traveling. Great staff!! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Our room was sparkly clean and everything was in working order. Even the wifi was great! We really enjoyed our stay and we will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your positive review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

A nice hotel to stay when you need a place to stay. It is just by the freeway and near restaurants and shopping mall. The bed was very comfortable. Tricia at the frontdesk was very nice and made us feel like home. The restaurant, Elmers, was very conveniently located in the hotel.

Room Tip: room 281 was very nice
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie P, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Eugene / Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for youre feed back and are happy to here you enjoyed youre stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Village Inn
Village Inn
#9 of 14 in Springfield
Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Eugene / Springfield? Share your experiences!