“Very nice experience: Convenient, Comfortable, Courteous and Correct priced only missing complimentary b'fast.”

Courtyard Eugene Springfield
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I stayed here with my in-laws for 4th July weekend. We chose this place being centrally located if you want visit Crater Lake and Florence(Sand Dunes area).

Cleanliness:
Room was neat and clean(including restrooms) when we checked in.
Location:
Very convenient, it was very easy access to I-5 to get any, gas station was right next to it and Safeway/BOA etc were within <2 miles.
Rooms:
I gave 4 star as i thought for 2 Queen room the room was very cramped(you can see the pictures i've uploaded). There was hardly any room to walk around something to consider.
Service:
Service was excellent to say the least. We asked for Fridge/Microwave on check-in and it was there in < 5 minutes.
We called front desk for extra soap in morning the guy said he is alone at the moment will drop by as soon as he can , again it was less then <5 minutes for him to delivering soap to room.
We asked for direction to Safeway etc and the Front desk staff took time to explain how to get their by pulling up a map.
Got AAA rate for $9X.00, only if it included at least continental b'fast would rate it five star, could be a courtyard policy though.
Sleep Quality
I rated 3 star because the a/c in the room made weird noises all night long and for a person like me who need some time to adjust to new place was very annoying and i kept waking up.
All and all the stay was good and staff tried their best to make ti excellent :)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed June 28, 2010

The hotel was about 10 minutes from the University of Oregon. My kids went to a football camp and I am so glad that we stayed here. Our room included breakfast. The breakfast was made to order. The food was very good, Our rooms were clean and I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2010

Marriotts are normally very clean. We were disappointed to discover upon checking into our room debris on the carpet and a piece of toilet paper in the toilet bowl. When we asked for another room they cheerfully obliged and offered us vouchers for free breakfast the next morning. I thought that was nice and all was forgiven. The new room wasn't perfect but we didn't feel like moving again. However what saved it was that the rooms are either new or very well-maintained- so our room felt fresh and not at all grimy despite housekeeping's shortcomings. The rooms are spacious and very nicely decorated.

The hotel itself is very very nice. There were beautiful flowering bushes outside the entrance. The lobby is very nice with a self-serve station with hot cocoa and tea, etc. Breakfast was surprisingly good. We had custom made eggs with cheese, onions and peppers, bacon, potatoes and toast. The second day we paid 6.95 each for this breakfast. Very reasonable. Jack in the Box is just next door if one wants a quick bite in the evenings and doesn't mind a bit of fast food.

There is a lovely green area between the buildings planted with trees. We had the pleasure of observing a bird in her nest in a dogwood tree just outside our window.

The only really annoying thing about this hotel was the layout. There was some sort of event one night during our stay. We had to park way off in the back lot. It was chilly and we didn't feel like the long outside hike all the way around the building to the front lobby so we came in through a side entrance. We couldn't access our room from this area. We had to exit the building and walk to the front. It felt like a bit of a maze. So don't try any shortcuts to your room.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2009

my husband and i on a road again! this marriott was good. excellent to stop by for a visit to town and stay in. some staff members were friendly some were a bit odd! housekeeper woman was extremely helpful and friendly easy to make conversation with. girl checked us in fast. we requested for food and shopping locations we got the front desk manager was terrible to help people out! housekeeper should be his manager. ask him a question his answer would be yea sure! lol.. food was good the hostess was nice but clueless. was not sure of her answers. i dont know maybe she was new! but, other than that was good stay for only 1 night! Great spot to stay for about 3 nights max. locations to shopping and food are good and easy access to highway!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank igetdadiscount
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Overview:
I've stayed at this Courtyard three times and it's consistent with it's delivery of a good room. Our pricing lands us this room for about $100 / night + your standard taxes which is not bad for the typical business stay.

The Courtyard at Springfield hosts a pretty good amenity list when compared other hotels at this level. You've got the indoor pool & jacuzzi -- a very nice touch when you're here during the colder months. The pool has never been too crowded, which is good since it's not a terribly HUGE pool, and you can often sneak in by yourself if you time it right. Across the hall from the Pool is the exercise room, which is modestly stocked with two treadmills, two elliptical, one reclined rider and a pretty well functioned weight-machine. The room also boasts some pretty good electronics, with each of the passive machines having it's own TV and controller. A pretty high-tech outfit for a smaller room. Another good amenity is the "Market Fresh Market," which is really just a couple of coolers and a shelf in the lobby that guests can take snacks and beverages from at any hour and bill to the room -- a nice touch for those of us who stay out late ;o).

The room itself is your standard room. My typical rooms here sport a King bed which is relatively comfy (no place like home though). They also come equipped with a 30"ish LCD TV, a desk & chair, a couch, typical bathroom & bathroom stock and a separate toilet & tub/Shower. No big frills here, but what you'd expect -- it's not lacking. There is free internet & WiFi here with a small inconvenience of having to "log in" every day (once per day) to activate the connection. It's speedy enough for me not to notice, so thats a good plus!

One of the best things for me about this hotel is that it's within walking distance from my Office. Not only that, but it's in a very central point for the SMALL town of Springfield. You've got a good choice of food options. There's an Outback virtually in the same parking lot, as well as a Jack in the Box and a new restaurant called Hop Valley -- a MUST for those of you who want to taste some good Oregon microbrews. There's also a small "mall" down the road for some emergency shopping.

All in all, the Hotel is a nice hotel with convenience and location being a large factor. I'm happy to stay here for all of my Springfield trips, and you should be too.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank hopskotch
Reviewed July 13, 2009

The Courtyard is a very friendly hotel. The staff go out of their way to accomodate you and truly act sincere when making every effort to make your stay enjoyable. I even had one associate send a fax three times due to my repeated error and she was very helpful despite being busy.

The workout room has nice equipment including personal tv screens. The pool and whirlpool tub were very relaxing. Perfect for unwinding at the end of the day. My room was adequate. I felt that for the rate I paid, I would have liked to have a minifridge or just a little more room. I also had an adjoining room during a busy college track & field event which contributed to the noise in the hotel. The AC unit didn't have a fan to run so I ended up turning on the fan from the bathroom to help subdue the noise. Best advice is to not get an adjoining room unless you actually need it. You can hear conversations through the door! Courtyards are generally nice for the open areas. I know that while I was there a couple guests were using the gas grill in the courtyard. I did notice a security guard monitoring the parking lot at night too.

As previously mentioned in another review, breakfast not included. I did opt to have the breakfast one day and must say this was a full breakfast. Definately worth it if you are famished!

The hotel is located right off the interstate and is about a 5 minute drive from downtown Eugene and the University of Oregon. There are restaurants within walking distance - typical chains including Outback and a Starbucks. Movie theater and Target nearby. Many walking trails near the Willamette River to enjoy too!

FYI - if searching for a good rate it will be difficult. It seems all local 'nicer' hotels have one owner. There doesn't seem to be much bend in the local rates.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Explorer_Gene
Reviewed December 11, 2008

This is a delayed review. I stayed at this Courtyard on two successive weekends in early November. The hotel is a typical Courtyard: decent size rooms, full bathroom, clean, generally efficient. Both the bedroom and bathroom were standard Courtyard decor. The hotel is situated about a half mile off I5 among a collection other hotels.
The service on the first visit was excellent, on the second it was more average. It has an employee to help with luggage, unusual in my experience for a Courtyard. On the first visit we had bicycles on the back of our car and they were very concerned (almost insistent) that we not leave them on the car overnight; we stored them in the laundry room. The following week check-in was slow. There was a single receptionist who answered the phone in addition to checking people un; at around 8:30 PM it took 20 minutes to process us and four people ahead of us,

Overall a reasonable hotel, predictable quality, space and clean. Broadband Internet access was included. The only question I have is the price: at $130 per night it seemed a little high for a hotel pretty much in the middle of nothing of interest.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TiburonTony
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eugene
Valley River Inn
Valley River Inn
#8 of 38 in Eugene

Been to Courtyard Eugene Springfield? Share your experiences!