“Home away from home”

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

We needed a place to stay and called Hotwire. We stayed at the Crossland in Springfield, OR. It was like executive apartment unit with small kitchenette and comfortable queen size bed. Very spacious and clean. For the price, I was surprised!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

We found a deal on Hotels.com and this was the cheapest rate we could find around Eugene during graduation weekend.

I was pretty nervous about this hotel since the review was not that good. However, the hotel was not bad at all.

I thought the receptionist was very nice and friendly. She gave us extra bath soap and shampoo before she sent us off to our room.

I thought the overall people who stayed there were quiet...unlike what other reviewers were saying. I did hear people talking as they were walking to enter their room around 10PM ish, but I thought that was normal.

The insulation was not that good I guess, I could hear people walking on the unit above me, but it was not to the extend that it was bothering.

My boyfriend's parents who stayed at another room said they slept really well...regardless their room was facing the main parking lot.

The beds were hard and a bit stiff and squeaky, but this is not a 5 stars hotel, so I think that's pretty standard for a 2 stars.

I do agree that the extended stay hotels I stayed in before were much nicer than Crossland, but there were more expensive as well.

I will definitely stay at Crossland again if I'm traveling on a budget, good deal :)

One cont though... no reception on location between 11PM-7AM. We were confused as how to check out since we were ready to leave aroun 530AM. We decided to just leave the keys in the room and left a message on their machine. I would like to see a person during my check out!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank lovebudgettravel
Reno, NV
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

The room we stayed in had the hardest bed I've ever slept in. Every time you moved the thing creeked so loud you woke up. The bedspread was dirty and had previous occupants hair on it. Couldn't tell you how long ago it had been cleaned??
Plus, the room smelled like smoke so bad we couldn't bear to spend another night there and checked out a day early.
We paid $69 per night and while that might sound reasonable it was way too much for the bad/dirty bed and the stink!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2010

I stayed here for 3 months from October through December, 2009. I was at the back of the hotel on the second floor which was quieter than some of the rooms on the front. In three months I never felt unsafe or saw any shady characters. There are lights in the parking areas and they are all well lit. The staff was very polite and helpful at all times. At times there was some noise next door, but it was no worse than any other hotel. The rooms aren't fancy but they do have the basics. As other reviewers have noted, the biggest downside is the beds. I like hard beds, but these are really hard beds. My hips would hurt in the morning after sleeping on them. I ended up going to Costco and getting a foam pad, and it was great after that. Considering how much money I saved, it was a small investment. (The next closest priced hotel charged double per month.) All in all, I had a good experience there and wouldn't hesitate to stay there for an extended stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank fatdogtrader
Midwest
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2009

We had stayed at an Extended Stay in Denver and been very pleased. They sent an email coupon we used to book at Crossland...but not all Extended Stays are made the same. This place is nasty. The shower was gross with fungus. The mattress was cheap and hard and the fitted sheet was the wrong size and kept coming off. Carpet was icky. Frontdesk personnel was snotty and rude...acted like she was used to complaints and ready for them. What did it for us was when we opened the telephone book...out dropped a condom! Nasty. Just nasty.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Wunderluster
lexington, ky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed here because it was one of two hotels chosen by the bride and groom of a wedding we were in town to attend. The staff at check in was pleasant but the two homeless men who offered to carry out luggage were a little worrisome. We were very disappointed in the beds, Truly they were two hard to sleep on. We asked for additional pillows but since the hotel was full (there was a track meet in Eugene) we told there were no extra pillows. No ice machine was the final insult!

On a positive note, the in room coffee was good and our room was reasonably clean.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank kyjill
Extendedstayhotels, Regional at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, October 13, 2009
I recently received a copy of your review of the Crossland Eugene - Springfield. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.

Aliso Viejo, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2009

Bring rubber flip flops for the shower, and forget daily house keeping but the price is right.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank JLDCA
Extendedstayhotels, Regional Director of Operations at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, October 13, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Eugene - Springfield. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Village Inn
Village Inn
#10 of 14 in Springfield
Candlewood Suites Eugene Springfield

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!