“Beds were too hard to sleep”

Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
lexington, ky
“Beds were too hard to sleep”
Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed here because it was one of two hotels chosen by the bride and groom of a wedding we were in town to attend. The staff at check in was pleasant but the two homeless men who offered to carry out luggage were a little worrisome. We were very disappointed in the beds, Truly they were two hard to sleep on. We asked for additional pillows but since the hotel was full (there was a track meet in Eugene) we told there were no extra pillows. No ice machine was the final insult!

On a positive note, the in room coffee was good and our room was reasonably clean.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank kyjill
Extendedstayhotels, Regional at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, October 13, 2009
I recently received a copy of your review of the Crossland Eugene - Springfield. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed June 28, 2009

Bring rubber flip flops for the shower, and forget daily house keeping but the price is right.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank JLDCA
Extendedstayhotels, Regional Director of Operations at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, October 13, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Eugene - Springfield. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

Athens, Ohio
Reviewed June 22, 2009

We stayed at the Crossland Economy Studios in Springfield, Oregon for one night while visiting my sister. It looks like a nice place from the outside, but the person at the desk was crabby, the room was dirty and shabby and I hated it. The door to the room was absolutely filthy. The bed was hard, lumpy and creaky. ICK.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Persnicketyanne
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Crossland Eugene - Springfield. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Oregon
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Requested non-smoking queen. Room reeked of smoke! Changed to another room w/o charge with two hard beds. Pillow had faint smoke smell, a palm size hole in the spread was crudely mended by hand with what looked like yarn. There were cigarette butts in the elevator, on every landing, along the sidewalks. Building and rooms could use a through cleaning!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OregonKilted
I recently received a copy of your review of the Crossland Eugene - Springfield. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I am eager to address your particular concern in this forum. Our hotel is a favorite accommodation for business and leisure travelers who are staying any number of nights. Occasionally, we get an influx of guests who need to leave their departure date open or extend their stay at the last minute. In most cases, our reserve rooms are sufficient to absorb this increased demand. However, in very rare circumstances, like yours, we don't have the room types to accommodate every guest's preference. For that reason, we list your bed/smoking preference on your reservation but are unable to guarantee it. Of course, we will continue to make every effort in our power to honor your room preference. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Louisiana
Reviewed August 5, 2008

The lobby staff are a little snappy. The rooms are okay, they could be cleaner though. My son got dirty crawling on the floors which I hate. The tvs are also ancient and you get like 8 channels, so nothing fancy but it wasn't bad either. From what I understand they are redoing some rooms and the upstairs are in a lot better condition and newer.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Extendedstayhotels, Manager-GRE at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, June 7, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Crossland Eugene - Springfield. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

colorado
Reviewed August 4, 2008

We found this to be a pretty good place to stay. The outside of hotel looks very nice - clean, bright paint; clean, ample parking; good location close to mall, stores and only a few blocks from main hospital (reason for our stay). Staff was pleasant and helpful.

Rooms are not fancy, but found ours to be clean. Yes, the beds are not the best - they squeek and are very firm. I thought I would not sleep well because of that, but actually did. Found they squeek mostly when you sit on them firmly, but when moving around in your sleep, they don't so much. Would recommend to this hotel, though, that they need to upgrade their mattresses.

The kitchnette is not very big, and only a small table with 2 chairs. This for us was ok, as there were only 2 of us. If you have more people than that, could be an issue.

You do have to go to office to ask for more supplies, but I found this to be the case now with other extended stay hotels. I'm sure they just don't want to waste their supplies, so don't overstock them.

I did not find road noise a problem. We were on the 3rd floor, but the hotel is not located on a very busy road and the front faces an even smaller street. Not sure about the other sides.

I much prefer hotels with interior corridors to feel the safest, but found these are hard to come by in the Eugene and Springfield area. Only one I found was the Phoenix Inn, but couldn't afford the nearly $150/nite charge for that hotel, so chose Crosslands because it looked the best of the typical exposed corridor hotels.

There were a couple of odd issues I saw in the parking area, but overall, felt safe and saw many other families and respectible people staying there.

• Liked — outside looks
  • Disliked — beds
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family

San Jose, CA
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Location: 2 stars - Not close to freeways, but we chose Springfield because that is where we would reach in the evening from our return trip from Victoria BC to San Jose CA. There are services nearby. When we checked in, we were told that a car was broken in about a month ago, so that was a great feeling :-)

Facility: 2 stars - The hotels looks decent from outside. Looks more like an apartment complex. We stayed in first floor, so didn't use the elevators. Parking is in front of the rooms for the rooms in 1st floor anyway. The hotel has no other facilities such as swimming pool, restaurant etc.

Rooms: 2 star - Small, OK rooms. Not squeaky clean, but not dirty (like the one we stayed at Tukwila, WA) either. The walls are so thin, you could hear conversations from neighboring rooms. The kitchenette was small and was reasonably clean. The bathroom was below average and didn't feel clean. The carpets should have been replaced years ago.

Staff: 3 stars - We reached the hotel at 1AM thanks to Seattle traffic on Friday evening. We were checked in without any issues. We were also given a complimentary wireless access code, which would generally be $4.99 per stay. Because we arrived so late, the lady who checked us in was also courteous to extend the check-out time to 12 noon. Simple courtesies that made the otherwise nondescript stay a decent one.

Misc: The fact that a car was broken in didn't make us feel safe. So, we would never stay in this hotel again although the staff were great.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — location and rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Extendedstayhotels, Regional Director of Operations at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, January 8, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your stay at the Crossland Economy Studios in Springfield, Oregon. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. Particularly, I am pleased that our employee, at 1:00 AM, was able to help you get settled in without incident.
Given that we regularly receive guest compliments on our service and our accommodations, I was truly disheartened to learn that you were not satisfied with your room. Please accept my most sincere apologies. Please be assured that, as a part of our continued commitment to deliver a quality product, all rooms are inspected before being made available to guests.

In response to your concern about the security of your vehicle, we encourage everyone to always take common sense safety precautions no matter where they are traveling. Such precautions include locking vehicles when left unattended and keeping belongings or valuables out of site.

We thank you again for your comments. If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to contact the General Manager at 541-741-3908.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Village Inn
Village Inn
#10 of 14 in Springfield
Candlewood Suites Eugene Springfield

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!