“Not a great place to stay.”

Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Rooms were dirty, dust all over, hair on the shower floor, some brown smudge on the toilet seat. Pillow was like a brick, it felt like a bunch of towels were folded and stuffed in the cover, extremely uncomfortable. My fear is that the employees could be offered better incentives, like training and education, like a solid raise, or some profit share (that might make them invested in the facility). Heck, there was a condom wrapper on the floor outside and a bunch of seedy types coming and going. This place needs a revamp, and a new reputation, right now it is a one star hotel... MAAAAYBE a 1.5 star. Ladies up front were pleasant enough, but really... so what? Management and ownership of this hotel are the ones who need to get their act together.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I was disheartened to read that you had encountered such issues during your stay. I am very sorry for your experience, and apologize for it. As a new manager here cleanliness is very important to me and I am working to make the improvements needed at this property.

Please contact me at spg@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Hotel and staff were all good, biggest shock was the small print on the online reservation that noted there would be extra fees and taxes. That was very true--my bill was about 30% higher than I had expected! Kitchen was good, microwave, stove top, coffee maker, etc. Minimal cooking items, but sufficient for my needs. Nice touch to include a small pack of dishwashing soap. Facilities were well maintained, but a little "tired". Bed, TV and room all fine. The shower gap between the floor and shower stall could use fresh caulk, but I understand challenges of upkeep in the Pacific Northwest.

Room Tip: I was glad to be in the middle--away from the busy road and heavily trafficed stairs. Also, a perk...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for ensuring you were taken care of and comfortable during your stay. Also, I am pleased that you found our kitchens and amenities to be an added value.

Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to stay again with us in the future.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We did Priceline's "name your own price" and for $67 got this motel. We were surprised to learn that this was a weekly rental type of place and noticed that many people lived here. The room was clean and didn't have a smell that I, for some reason, expected. The bed was comfortable enough but the toilet clogged and we had to go to the front office for a plunger instead of them offering to bring one over. However, for one night and the price we paid, I can't complain to much.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed 16 days, and would stay again. The entire facility had street appeal; maintenance was keeping the parking lot clean even though leaves were falling each day. My room was what I paid for: humble but clean, and outfitted for extended stay. I'm a senior woman who was staying alone, and I felt safe here!! The staff was friendly, responsive, and caring about my comfort. There are restaurants and other facilities close by, and it's right on the city bus route. I have relatives in Eugene who will definitely be recommending this place to others!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

The team and I appreciate your great remarks regarding your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and felt safe while visiting our hotel. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's appearance, especially how clean the parking lot was. I will be sure to share your great comments with the entire staff and thank them for providing you with such great service too.

Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Booked this room for a sold out football weekend, my choices were a $400/nt hotel or this. Room was clean, though dated furnishings. Twin bed, quite small room with kitchenette which was handy for mom to make home cooking for our resident Oregon Duck student. Bed was creaky but comfortable. Note no tissues supplied in room. Liked strong hot shower. This is not Residence Inn, but serviceable, also much cheaper. Two star inn.

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are especially pleased that the kitchenette was handy and your you found the bed comfortable. We are sorry for creaky bed but glad to hear it was comfortable.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was impressed with Crossland staff from the the very first contact. I was given helpful and courteous information by phone. Cornell went above and beyond to arrange our stay and greeted us upon our arrival with genuine friendliness and smiles. We were in Springfield for medical care and were pleasantly surprised and relieved to find the beds extremely comfortable and the kitchen well-equipped. Both John and Cornell were gracious hosts and offered extra supplies as well as suggestions and directions to local businesses. Although we were not in Springfield for fun or vacation, they made our stay relaxing and enjoyable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank J_Traveller2

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and that Cornell went above and beyond for you. I am especially pleased that your stay was relaxing and enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Wow. Looks OK from the outside but once in...Bathroom smelled of old urine. Trash under the beds. Sheets put on inside out. Crumbs on the counters. Asked 3 times to have it cleaned and finally the trash was removed out from under the bed but placed on the kitchenette counter and the beds were remade with the existing sheets. Staff is very nice but must have limited authority to help. Never was I offered any concessions for our trouble. This could be a decent place to stay but not unless they can clean up their act. This is a place for traveling construction workers. Cheap and it shows.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank c c
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I was disheartened to read that your guest room was not to our cleanliness standards. Please accept our apologies. I am so sorry the services requested were not provided in a timely manner and efficient. We are going over your review with our housekeeping staff in an effort to make our cleaning procedures more thorough and effective. Still, I am thankful that our staff was very nice. We will make sure to empower our staff to make it right for our guests the first time.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at spg@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.