Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Portland, Oregon
“Not horrible”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We did Priceline's "name your own price" and for $67 got this motel. We were surprised to learn that this was a weekly rental type of place and noticed that many people lived here. The room was clean and didn't have a smell that I, for some reason, expected. The bed was comfortable enough but the toilet clogged and we had to go to the front office for a plunger instead of them offering to bring one over. However, for one night and the price we paid, I can't complain to much.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed 16 days, and would stay again. The entire facility had street appeal; maintenance was keeping the parking lot clean even though leaves were falling each day. My room was what I paid for: humble but clean, and outfitted for extended stay. I'm a senior woman who was staying alone, and I felt safe here!! The staff was friendly, responsive, and caring about my comfort. There are restaurants and other facilities close by, and it's right on the city bus route. I have relatives in Eugene who will definitely be recommending this place to others!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
The team and I appreciate your great remarks regarding your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and felt safe while visiting our hotel. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's appearance, especially how clean the parking lot was. I will be sure to share your great comments with the entire staff and thank them for providing you with such great service too.

Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Booked this room for a sold out football weekend, my choices were a $400/nt hotel or this. Room was clean, though dated furnishings. Twin bed, quite small room with kitchenette which was handy for mom to make home cooking for our resident Oregon Duck student. Bed was creaky but comfortable. Note no tissues supplied in room. Liked strong hot shower. This is not Residence Inn, but serviceable, also much cheaper. Two star inn.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are especially pleased that the kitchenette was handy and your you found the bed comfortable. We are sorry for creaky bed but glad to hear it was comfortable.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was impressed with Crossland staff from the the very first contact. I was given helpful and courteous information by phone. Cornell went above and beyond to arrange our stay and greeted us upon our arrival with genuine friendliness and smiles. We were in Springfield for medical care and were pleasantly surprised and relieved to find the beds extremely comfortable and the kitchen well-equipped. Both John and Cornell were gracious hosts and offered extra supplies as well as suggestions and directions to local businesses. Although we were not in Springfield for fun or vacation, they made our stay relaxing and enjoyable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank J_Traveller2
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and that Cornell went above and beyond for you. I am especially pleased that your stay was relaxing and enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Wow. Looks OK from the outside but once in...Bathroom smelled of old urine. Trash under the beds. Sheets put on inside out. Crumbs on the counters. Asked 3 times to have it cleaned and finally the trash was removed out from under the bed but placed on the kitchenette counter and the beds were remade with the existing sheets. Staff is very nice but must have limited authority to help. Never was I offered any concessions for our trouble. This could be a decent place to stay but not unless they can clean up their act. This is a place for traveling construction workers. Cheap and it shows.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank c c
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I was disheartened to read that your guest room was not to our cleanliness standards. Please accept our apologies. I am so sorry the services requested were not provided in a timely manner and efficient. We are going over your review with our housekeeping staff in an effort to make our cleaning procedures more thorough and effective. Still, I am thankful that our staff was very nice. We will make sure to empower our staff to make it right for our guests the first time.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at spg@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed September 30, 2013

One of the worst places I've stayed in a long long long time. We wouldn't have stayed had there been any other place available. Granted, it was a last minute trip and a weekend when the Ducks were playing but for the price of the normal rate and then almost double for Friday and Saturday night was outrageous. Rooms were old and outdated, stained floors and bed covers, bathrooms small and close to being unuable. Stated that it was a non-smoking place but clearly it wasn't enforced. Smokers on all levels of the floors, even standing in the doorway of the rooms smoking. We were extremely disappointed and would stay in a car before coming back.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank richardcash
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so sorry that your room had stained floors and bed covers. I am so sorry for the other guests smoking in their doors and on walkways. We are very sorry for your experience. We will take your comments and continue to work on reminding guests to smoke away from the building as well as ensuring that housekeeping is rotating out old linens.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at spg@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
seattle
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I booked a room here for a weekend of a Duck football game when all the hotels around campus were already booked. The outside of the hotel looks clean and professional, and you won't find a better deal, price-wise. But you get what you pay for. I would not stay here again. We were in a non-smoking room, but found an ashtray in the kitchen sink, and the smoke detector had been tampered with. The room smelled like smoke and mold, which was overwhelming when we walked in. The room felt dirty. We kept our shoes on because we were concerned about our bare feet on the carpet.
Housekeeping doesn't clean your room when you're only in for 2 days, so you have to pick-up towels from the front desk for day #2. The TV looked like it was from 1990, with maybe 15 channels available. We were SO glad to check-out at the end of the weekend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank C M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Village Inn
Village Inn
#10 of 14 in Springfield
Candlewood Suites Eugene Springfield

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!