“Perfect for the price, love to stay there”

Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The staff is very helpful. The guy working to check me in even called the room after 20 minutes to make sure I was happy. The room was clean and stocked. The bed was fine. There is a convience store about a one minute walk away and the Gateway mall is very close. Also very close to the hospital.

Room Tip: Rooms on the end are the best. I prefer the front side.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Timothy C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Timothy - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for ensuring you were taken care of and comfortable during your stay. As well, I am glad that your room was clean as well as fully stocked and that you liked our hotels location.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We paid $50 for a single night and were altogether satisfied. We particularly loved the stovetop and cooking utensils provided with the room; we didn't think we'd get proper European Pasta in the US, so we just cooked it ourselves. :-)

The receptionist was very, very friendly!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that there was cigarette smoke through out your room, and dust between the cracks of the surfaces. However, I am happy to hear the staff was able to relocate you to a more pleasant room. I will make sure all non smoking rooms have a fresh aroma for all of our guests. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at spg@extendedstay.com. We hope that we will see you again soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I am not one to post on these or complain but....Be sure to bring your own pillows....their's seemed to be stuffed with batting for a quilt! They were about 14 inches high or more, I still have a sore neck this evening. We were near the office and it was quite noisy. The sprinklers came on to water the grass at midnight which were noisy and a van parked outside our door banged doors and talked very loudly for over an hr. Not sure if they were maintence crew or what. This went on till 1 am. Then there were 3 pieces of dry cereal behind the bathroom door, plus 2 slips of paper written on that were just beside the head of the bed (easily seen by all of us) don't know how the maid missed em! The room looked nice to enter and beds were comfy and clean just not those pillows!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that our pillows were not comfortable for you and gave you a sore neck . To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is going to double check the pillows in each guest room to ensure they are in optimal condition each time a guest checks in to the hotel.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at spg@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This studio was nothing fancy, and was a bit old/outdated looking (dirt around edges and such), however, all surfaces were clean, as was our bed. The first room we were placed in reeked of cigarettes, though there was a non-smoking sign on the door. The staff was accommodating in moving us to another room and saying they would do what it took to get us situated.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that your first room was not quite right. Still, we are extremely pleased to know that we were able to get you situated and comfortable in another room for your stay. I am glad that you found this room to be clean and your bed to be so comfortable.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Where to begin?

The Bed - We booked a queen but the size was more like a Full, It was hard as a rock, every move you made the bed squeaked. Two pillows with as much fill as a piece of cardboard and about as comfortable as one.

Microwave shelf was coated in grease.

Daily service doesn't exist here. If you want fresh towels or linens you need to go to the front desk and get them yourself.

Coffee maker was filled and turned on for a morning cup of joe. BUT, we ended up with coffee all over the counter and floor not in the pot.

No ICE machines or vending machines. We had to go the the market and buy ice or fill the ice trays in the freezer and wait! Who doesn't have ICE machines!

I will say it was quiet there. Not many guests and we now know why!

Room Tip: I would HIGHLY recommend paying a little more $ and get a step up in rooms at a better place. We wok...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank baskett1970

Hi there,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The problems you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and will be taken into consideration to make sure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at spg@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

On July 8, my husband and I spent the night at Crossland motel as we had several other times. Had a first floor room as we always do and upon checking out on the 9th we reserved a room on the first floor for our return on the 13th. When we arrived about 8pm we found we'd been placed on the second floor in spite of our reservation request on the 9th. The manager, Melisa, who waited on us was rude and overbearing. Said it didn't matter if we had a reservation, that a call had been made to reconfirm that reservation or anything else. If we wanted to stay there we'd accept the second floor room 200. She did say it was just above the office and we could use the elevator beside the office. On that basis we said, "okay". We gathered our suitcase, my 80# oxygen concentrator, medically required pillow, etc. and rode the elevator to the second floor to find that room 200 is the full length (over a block away!) of the complex from the elevator. With our arms loaded, we made our way to the room. Other than a dirty rug the room was adequate and similar to previous first floor rooms we'd had at Crossland.

Now to some this sounds like no big deal but we are 73 years old. My husband is diabetic. I have heart problems and difficulty walking. That is why we have always had a first floor room. This is way I made reservations a week in advance. However, I was told that none of this mattered because making reservations in advance didn't guarantee anything but a room somewhere In the complex. I can't believe that if you make a reservation with a specific request that it wouldn't be honored. Especially when we had received such excellent service before.

The manager was rude to the point of abusive. She provided us with a take it or leave it decision. As it was near 8pm, we were beyond tired, didn't know the area well and were fearful of not finding another room, we felt compelled to accept the room rather than drive on.

As we have received such good service and positive experiences in the past we felt we had to let you know. Will we tell others? You bet we will! Will we stay again? Probably not if we can find another place but we do know Crossland has a good reputation and we've had positive stays before. I guess it is a sign of the times that you have to hire people who have no respect for their position nor the company they work for! Sincerely, David and Jeanne Wollman

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Jeanne - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your opinion is truly valuable to us. I would like to apologize that we were not able to accommodate your request for a first floor room. Please now that we make every attempt to honor each request to accommodate the needs of our guests. It sounds like we were able to accommodate your requests in the past, but were not able to do so this time because all of the rooms in the hotel were occupied.

Again, I am sincerely sorry you felt that the Manager did not provide adequate resolution to your situation. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service and it sounds like we were not able to do that. I would like the opportunity to Make It Right for you, so that you know we really do care about each and every guest who stays with us. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at cgolden@extendedstay.com so we can discuss this further. I look forward to hearing from you and having you as a guest again at Extended Stay Hotels.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The room is pedestrian but clean and comfortable enough. The bed is a little hard but the efficiency kitchen and free wifi along with the central location that is easily accessed is well worth the price. Think Motel 6 at a slight upgrade. The best reason to choose this location - besides the relatively inexpensive price of the room - is the staff.

They are all top drawer. Even when I had a minor question on the bill, they took the time to explain and never failed to be patient, accessable, and accomodating....very unusual in these current times and very much appreciated.

Room Tip: There are no interior hallways. Ask for a ground floor, near the stairs or elevator to reduce number...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Best Western Greentree Inn
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 14 in Springfield

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!