“Don't check in late night hours due to a rude woman named margret”

Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Springfield, Oregon
“Don't check in late night hours due to a rude woman named margret”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I called to make a reservation at 11:30 and spoke to a woman named margret who was very rude on the phone while taking my information down. As I arrived I had to pick up the phone close to the office due to it being closed because of it being so late at night and she told me come to the window in a rude tone. I walked to the window and she had a attitude from the get go, she gave me two non working keys with a smile on her face and didn't seem to enthused to be up working at midnight. Besides coming across such a rude individual the two day stay was decent.

• Stayed March 2013
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, March 20, 2013

I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your issue in a way that might be able to help future customers. It's very important to us that our guests know exactly what to expect when staying with us - a great room at an exceptional rate. In order for us to continue offering such value, we maintain fully staffed front desk hours between 7am and 11pm seven days a week. During other times, our overnight staff is always available to check in guests and assist with other issues.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sweet Home, Oregon
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We received excellent service. the only issue I have was the smell of the room when we first got there it was a terrible smell in the room nothing a can of spray and an open window couldn't fix I would defiantly stay here again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HisSquirrel
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. It should never be the case that a guest be placed in a room that does not have a Fresh smell. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

closed mouth don't get fed if you had a bad review this place its probably cuz you just sat in your room and didn't say anything about it. the staff went above and beyond all my expectations and I'm hard to please. "Nationwide security solutions"

• Stayed October 2012
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

The room smells, the bed is hard and way too tiny even for two small people. Only a shower in the bathroom. Hookers, and other sketchy people wandering around. You can't go in the office after 11 pm so the hoochies running the office make you stand outside in the cold forever to check in.

• Stayed January 2013
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the size of the bed and that there was an odor in the room. I will be working with my housekeeping staff to ensure we addressing this issue. Although the majority of our rooms have a stand-in shower only, we do have a few select roms with a bathtub. I apologize that this was not communicated to you during the reservation or check-in process. Our office does close at 11pm, but we are available by phone to assist our late arrival guests. All of our employees are trained to be polite, courteous and professioanl. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing the night check-in procedures. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at spg@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I'm doing work out in Eugene for a month have only been here for a week and I've been tooken care of they help me out. They switch rooms and it got me a better TV with no questions or problems at all.. I would recommend this hotel anyone staying in Springfield good prices and good service

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our Crossland Economy Studios in Springfield/Eugene. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Rooms are clean, if a little small. Nice to have all the kitchen extras although I didn't get a chance to use them. Staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. I had an issue with some loud neighbors cuz the walls are a little thin, one phone call to the front desk and all was take care of. A few hours later I got a phone call from the front desk asking if all was well and if i needed anything else. A really nice thoughtful touch. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case, by being able to address your issue quickly! Ensuring your complete satifaction is our primary focus. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We have stayed here for every Duck game over the last three years. For the most part the staff had been very accommodating. However, this weekend, they screwed up our reservation, which I made four months in advance, and made us switch rooms to a smoking room with smaller beds. This happened after we had already stayed the previous night and unpacked all of our stuff. They admitted making the mistake and still would not accommodate our stay and let us stay in our room two nights. We spoke to the manager, who proceded to say it was our fault, even after another front desk person told us they remebered us making our reservation. They proceeded to make us wait over two hours for our new room. All we wanted to do was shower and go to the game. They have awful costumer service!!!! I will NEVER stay there again! They have lost our business permanently. It's unfortunate because we have stayed here over 25 times. Apparently our costumer loyalty means nothing to them.

• Stayed November 2012
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is undergiong additional training to ensure we exceed the customer service expectations of our loyal customers such as yourself. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at spg@extendedstay.com so we can make this right for you. You are a valued guest and contrary to the feelings that you left with on your most recent stay; we do value YOU. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to hearing from you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Village Inn
Village Inn
#9 of 14 in Springfield
Best Western Greentree Inn

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!