“Very excellent and helpful”

Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I'm doing work out in Eugene for a month have only been here for a week and I've been tooken care of they help me out. They switch rooms and it got me a better TV with no questions or problems at all.. I would recommend this hotel anyone staying in Springfield good prices and good service

• Stayed: January 2013
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our Crossland Economy Studios in Springfield/Eugene. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Rooms are clean, if a little small. Nice to have all the kitchen extras although I didn't get a chance to use them. Staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. I had an issue with some loud neighbors cuz the walls are a little thin, one phone call to the front desk and all was take care of. A few hours later I got a phone call from the front desk asking if all was well and if i needed anything else. A really nice thoughtful touch. I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case, by being able to address your issue quickly! Ensuring your complete satifaction is our primary focus. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We have stayed here for every Duck game over the last three years. For the most part the staff had been very accommodating. However, this weekend, they screwed up our reservation, which I made four months in advance, and made us switch rooms to a smoking room with smaller beds. This happened after we had already stayed the previous night and unpacked all of our stuff. They admitted making the mistake and still would not accommodate our stay and let us stay in our room two nights. We spoke to the manager, who proceded to say it was our fault, even after another front desk person told us they remebered us making our reservation. They proceeded to make us wait over two hours for our new room. All we wanted to do was shower and go to the game. They have awful costumer service!!!! I will NEVER stay there again! They have lost our business permanently. It's unfortunate because we have stayed here over 25 times. Apparently our costumer loyalty means nothing to them.

• Stayed: November 2012
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is undergiong additional training to ensure we exceed the customer service expectations of our loyal customers such as yourself. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at spg@extendedstay.com so we can make this right for you. You are a valued guest and contrary to the feelings that you left with on your most recent stay; we do value YOU. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here a couple of nights while visiting my daughter at UO. Since it was a game weekend most all the other hotels in the area really have jacked up rates. I was pleasantly surprised to find this hotel rates stayed the same. I had pretty low expectations, but was happy to find this was in a decent area though a ten minute drive from the school. They provided a top floor room that was clean, quiet and comfortable. I think most of the rooms are rennovated. Good shower(but bring shampoo), small kitchenette which is nice, no breakfast, and for coffee--go to starbucks or bring your own because what they do provide is not going to work!. Beds are a little too firm for me, but overall I'd stay here again. It's a good deal. There are a number of places to go nearby for food etc, but not quite in walking distance.

Room Tip: go for second or third floor or ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. It's wonderful to hear that we could provide you with a clean, quiet and comfortable room at a low rate. I'm so pleased to hear that you would stay again. It let's us know our efforts to improve our customer service and our hotel are paying off. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back for another University of Oregon event in the future!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just returned from Springfield, OR where we visited family. We wanted a kitchenette, laundry facilities, closeness to family, closeness to shopping and area highlights in Eugene, Or, etc. This hotel was perfect for us. Terrific value for our limited budget. Staff were all helpful, polite, and very professional. The place was spotless and kept shiny. Never saw one particular staff ember without a cleaning rag in her hand or a smile on her face. We were there nearly two weeks. Able to keep suitcases in rental car trunk, We enjoyed the challenge of keeping a small place picked up and neat. We found ample space for our things in dresser, bedside stands, closet, kitchen cabinets, shelf in bathroom. Kitchen furnished with what one would need for microwave or two-burner stove. Refrigerator kept food cold, Heater/AC worked beautifully, depending on outside temp. TV set had large, flat screen; reception was excellent. WiFi for our computer. Drapes on window kept out sun so we could sleep in if desired. View from room of lovely trees in parking lot and hillside in distance, sometimes sunlit, sometimes, fog shrouded. We're from AZ so the scenery, the flowers, the color of the leaves...it was all magnificent. Parking lot was kept free of leaves every other day. No small job. I can't wait to return in summer for a stay of a couple of months to avoid desert heat and spend additional time with our son, grandchildren, and greatgrandchildren. This time we had one bed. Mattress was extremely comfortable, bed was easy to make up with beautiful quilt. Next time, however, we shall ask for the two-bed suite. Staying longer then, we shall enjoy the extra space. I honestly have nothing negative to say. Our stay was a joy!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less automobile noise from closing doors at night, etc. Elevator provides easy ac...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for your great review of the Crossland Economy Studios - Springfield/Eugene! It's great to hear that our staff was able to serve your needs and that your room was comfortable. We work very hard to ensure each of our guests has a comfortable stay in a clean and safe room. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back this summer.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

reasons not to stay here: there is Smoking in 98%of the rooms and everywhere outside /staff can't agree on the price of the rooms, even if you have a reservation with the price on it/ NO LONG TERM STAY, anything after 6 days INCREASES the room rates so u wont stay there past 7 days / no senior rates / /have to pay for intranet,WiFi /can't get the room that u have reserved / noisy/ meth heads & dealers in & out trafficking 24 7/ management LIES constantly /Pet urine and feces all over the front where the grass is,along with the smell of it / towels& washcloths smell of dog , shower floors filthy/ t.v 15 channels 85% sports /Can't change rooms without a 25.oo charge. For the same or just a little bit more money u can stay at a much better hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, and I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies and know that I have addressed each of your issues with the managment staff at the hotel.

As this hotel’s Regional Manager, I challenge the staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we completely dropped the ball with your visit. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we have already begun making modifications to ensure the hotel is clean, the staff properly trained and there is clear communication between the management staff. In addition, we as a company are looking at expanding and upgrading our TV channel selection to better suit the needs of our guests, such as yourself.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on the way to Eugene/Portland .Nice rooms and easy access to I5 and local restaurants but the complex had a few strange people wandering round and had a retirement village feel to it. Really helpful and friendly staff though and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings. I apologize that you did not find all of the guests to be friendly; however, I am glad to hear that our location and offerings were a huge hit!