“Friendly and Helpful”

Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed in the Crossland in Springfield on a business trip. Chose it primarily for low price, but was pleasantly surprised by the clean room, small but efficient kitchenette and friendly staff. Front office staff was helpful when I extended my trip for a day and needed a late checkout. Kudos to General Manager Tony Sengmanyvong for a great job.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Eugene - Springfield. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. I will personally thank Tony for taking such great care of you.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

So we had a suprise Spring snow storm and we lost power at the house so we opted to find a motel for a couple nights as it may take a few days to get power back on (we live in a rural area). So I called Crossland Extended Stay and booked a room for two nights and was able to get a discounted rate because of our situation. We brought our two little dogs with us and they waived the pet fee too! What a Gal! The room was nice, two queen beds (1 for us & 1 for the dogs, lol) and it was fairly quite considering the location.

To our surprise, we had power back on at the house within 12 hours so after work I went over and packed up our gear & checked out letting them know that we wouldn't be staying the second night. After some communication with the mgmt, we were refunded the second night! BONUS!!!

Would recommend this location for the budget traveler, everything you need is nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side will be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dkbeachlovers

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Eugene - Springfield. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! I'm glad you were able to return home early since the power was restored so quickly.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

Very friendly staff. This place is animal friendly, with fields close by for my dog to play. I work and stay here during the week. The beds are a little stiff and noisy, but the shower is awesome. I think the price is very reasonable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank momogirl510
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Eugene - Springfield.  It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.  Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers.  That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers.  As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind.  Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry.  And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was skeptical about checking into the Crossland because I had read some of the bad reviews. But after seeing the room, I decided to give it a try. The room was absolutely spotless, no funny smells, well stocked with towels, soap, and to my surprise - eating and cooking utensils!

I had spent the 3 previous nights at the Shilo Inn there on Gateway Drive, and it was smelly, the towel rack fell off the wall, and the shower head was practically inoperable. I changed rooms the next night and it was worse! The refrigerator next door was so loud while running it kept me up. So I went online and found the Crossland.

Honestly, my experience at the Crossland was very pleasant - it was quiet there all 3 nights, and I slept like a baby without any problems! Granted, the room I was in was SMALL - but the queen size bed and a good night's sleep were all I cared about.

Bottom Line: I would definitely go back to the Crossland if I ever have to stay in Springfield again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2011

building put together as cheaply as possible, very noisy. If you stay here get on top floor. Otherwise you will hear people above below and alongside of you.

Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed here twice in the last two months; we chose this hotel because the others were full (we were in town for the Duck Spring football game with the Eugene Marathon taking place the next day, and then for graduation). It is very competitively priced, and very basic, though it does provide a small fridge, range, microwave, dishwasher, and coffee maker.

The room is clean enough, though not spotless, the bed (as other reviews have mentioned) is quite firm. I prefer firm to too soft, so I had no problems with that, but they are not pillowtop mattresses. The bathroom has a shower, but not a tub. There is only one elevator.

If you simply need a place to sleep, without spending a lot of money, this will get the job done. If you are looking for more in the way of amenities (pool, restaurant/lounge), look elsewhere.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed here for two nights on business. I can't recommend this hotel for any traveler - pay the extra $15 and stay somewhere else. This place is the ultimate in bare bones, I have stayed in cabins at parks that had more amenities. They don't offer anything that you would expect from an "extended stay" hotel - no breakfast, no dishwasher, no laundry, not even a wake-up call, and they even charge you $5 a day for internet access.

I got in late, after the office closes at 11 pm and you have to call the night person to come and open the side window to check you in. I almost walked away right there, but it was so late I needed to get some sleep. This didn't happen for a while though - the person who checked me in took a long time to find my reservation (sitting on the desk) and the keys they gave me did not work. They use some ancient punch-key system that seems very unreliable, since my key never worked during my whole stay until the very end. I had to be let into my room both evenings, and didn't want to leave because I wouldn't be able to get back in.

The beds are all everyone else says - extremely hard and thin, and difficult to sleep on. My room was reasonably clean, but very small and with almost no decoration except the 13-inch TV. My room hadn't been well serviced, because I had no shampoo, no washcloths, and several burn holes in my bedspread. The "kitchen" area had two electric burners, a minifridge, and a small sink - no dishwasher and hardly any counter space. The bathroom was also small, with a supercheap cabin-style shower (fully open on one side with a very thin curtain) and no space to set anything down by the sink.

There is a lot of noise transfer from other rooms and outside, and since this was a weekend the full-time residents (which seemed to be a majority of the guests) were up late partying. It seems that this property is much more directed towards residents than the normal business traveler. I recommend checking in anywhere else - I definitely will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Super 8 Springfield/Eugene
Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield
1 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Eugene / Springfield
Eugene University Inn & Suites

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Eugene - Springfield? Share your experiences!