“Exceptional”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sisters
Oregon
“Exceptional”
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I have stayed at the Ponderosa on 2 trips to Sisters and will always book with them. They have immaculate rooms, lovely grounds, great pool and very comfortable beds with a choice of four pillows. I wish all Best Westerns were as nice as this one!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
San Francisco
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We stumbled upon this hotel because most of the hotels in Bend had no vacancy. When we mentioned that we might be interested in staying a second night, we were offered a suite at an excellent rate (which we accepted). The room was very spacious, super clean, and had all the amenities that one could want. Although we explored the area during the day, we wanted to return to the room early each evening so we could enjoy all that it offered. The grounds are large and immaculately maintained. The staff was all friendly and offered suggestions for restaurants and hikes in the area. I would highly recommend this hotel to others. We have a very enjoyable stay and would stay here again if we return to the area.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Mirfield, West Yorkshire
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Until this year we have not used BW for over two years due, in our opinion, to falling standards. We made a walk in reservation at Ocean Beaches WA in June 09 and were impressed enough to book five others on our tour of WA/OR. All were excellent.

Yet another walk in. We had thought of staying in Bend and whilst we found it an attrcative town we decided to drive that bit further to Sisters ( having confirmed by phone that the BW had accomodation ). Are we glad that we did. What a lovely property within walking distance of town. Spacious and wll kept grounds. Friendly staff, good clean, comfortable and spacious rooms. Very good breakfast. Breakfast room a bit small but many sat outside, weather was good, or took meals back to their rooms.

I would recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Nine of us traveled to Sisters on business and choosing to stay at the Best Western Ponderosa was purely an economic choice. What a surprise when we drove up to the hotel!! Beautiful grounds with terrific views of the mountains "The Three Sisters" and the rooms are certainly above average for what you usually get for the cost. Our room was $120 a night and it also comes with an extended continental breakfast which included waffles you make yourself, hard boiled eggs, muffins, bagels, juice, apples, bananas. I would have liked more variety of fruit, but that is really the only complaint I have. Early every morning wild deer visit the grounds and there are also lamas who live on the grounds. The rooms were clean with plenty of room and included a microwave and small refrigerator. The location could not be better, located just outside of the main part of town and right across the street from a large grocery store. Although we were in Sisters on business, I would like to return for pleasure as it is a beautiful and quaint town with beautiful scenery and lots of clean air and I would definitely stay at the Ponderosa Lodge again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed June 18, 2009

We had a lovely stay at the BW Ponderosa Lodge. The Chuck Wagon continental breakfast is one of the best I've had. Spectacular peaceful setting. Perfect room -- I wanted to move in. Lots of open space. Reading other reviews, there were several dogs (I'm a dog lover but left the dog at home). The llamas are a great attraction and they are so funny and cute. Free llama food provided by the inn. Lots of people using the pool and outdoor hot tub. Next stay I will bring my swimsuit and there will definitely be a next stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
amoschet
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Mis-communication on nightly stay rate.....Had questions about what my card was charged any why it wasnt the receipt price. Seemed like the hotel did not want to deal with me and hung up on the bank teller and I before the bank teller was finished explaining the situation to me. The room was very nice i just wouldnt go back because of the serivce of the upper managment, which is sad since they are supposed to be the leading examples to thier employees. Deffinently a THUMBS DOWN!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank amoschet
Ponderosa38103, General Manager at Best Western Ponderosa Lodge, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
When staying at a hotel, at check in hotels authorize your debit or credit card for the entire stay plus an additional amount for possible incedentals. Banks immediately note the authorization to your account, putting that amount aside on hold (not a charge yet but not available to you either). At check out, the authorization is accessed and the charge now goes through. Regrettably, some banks are slow in noting the charge and releasing the excess back to you for available use. When we were talking with the bank representative this was explained by the bank representative, however he began talking with you regarding private information which I should not have been listening to and thus hung up. I was unaware that on a 3 way conference call, by hanging up, everyone would be disconnected. Hopefully you received my letter of apology and explanation. We are glad you enjoyed your stay during the Rodeo!
portland, or
Reviewed March 7, 2009

My family went to Sisters for a youth basketball tournament. The rooms were large and the beds were comfortable for my family of 2 adults, 2 children. The people who worked the desk were nice- I don't know if they were the owners or not but they seemed to take pride in their work. They took great care of their pet llamas and allowed the children to feed them. We all enjoyed seeing the wild deer every morning lounging in the woods beyond the parking lot. There was plenty of room for the boys to run around outside. The outdoor pool looked nice but it was closed because it was February. If the pool was usable year round, I would have given them 5 stars. I saw others enjoying the hot tub. The continental breakfast was good.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sisters
Five Pine Lodge & Spa
Hampton Inn & Suites Bend
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#38 of 44 in Bend

Been to Best Western Ponderosa Lodge? Share your experiences!