“OMG - what a meal!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2008

We stayed in Sisters a few nights recently during a 3-week swing down the pacific coast and back inland. The town is awesome - great places to stay (more on that in our review of the Blue Spruce B&B), great places to shop and great places to eat.

We were pointed to Jen's Garden by the B&B owner on our first night and we arrived there very expectantly only to discover that it would be difficult to seat us seeing as we had no reservations. We must have looked hungry - they did find us a table with the provisal that we needed to eat in 45 minutes which we gladly accepted. The restaurant offers 5-course meals but in our case, we went straight to entrées to save time and because we were absolutely fine with that!

Our server was great - she worked with us to make sure we would have a great dining experience. My partner is vegetarian so even though she was attracted to the salmon entrée it came served on a bed of couscous with pancetta, the latter being a big no no of course. The server suggested that it could be served on a bed of fresh vegetables instead and made it work for us. I being a meat lover still fully enjoyed my salmon with couscous-pancetta! Every bite was a delight - an explosion of flavour.

We were very happy to call this a night but our lucky streak continued as the staff was able to move reservations around so we could partake of dessert as well. What a treat - both options were excellent and a great way to top off a great entrée.

So all in all a great dining experience and more evidence that Oregonians are very nice people!

There are newer reviews for Jen's Garden

Reviewed September 10, 2008

My husband and I recently spent 4 nights in Sisters and had a wonderful last evening at Jen's Garden. The cottage is comfortable and cozy, the food was top-notch, service impeccable (even though they were fairly busy and there were only two wait staff). It is a 5 course tasting menu. The portions are perfect so you aren't already stuffed before the entree arrives. They offer a wine pairing (for only $20 per person!!) and the wines selected were predominately from the NW with a South American thrown in and really paired nicely with each course. From the mushroom strudel, to the salad to the duck (plus all of my husbands choices) were fantastic. I think my husband would have licked his plate if he could have! My only comlaint were the deserts could have been a little more "seasonal" like a berry crisp or tart or something with peaches since all are so wonderfully in season at the moment. This is truly a place not to be missed when staying is Sisters!...make sure to ask for Jamie...our server, he was the best !

1  Thank foodcriticwannabe
Reviewed September 16, 2007

Truly great all around.

Food was of highest quality served by excellent and attentive servers. Our drinks were never more than half empty and we had something in front of us to eat at all times from bread all the way to dessert.

The menu is limited to a few excellent choices and changes every couple weeks apparently. You can order from five courses a la Carte or for $49 can enjoy all five. My wife and I tried almost everything on the menu and both agree that it was all delicious.

Many wines available.

As locals to Central Oregon, my wife and I believe that this is the best dining our area has to offer. Many other locals agree as this place was voted Best in Central Oregon by The Source Magazine.

See: