“One of the highlights of my trip....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rio - CLOSED

Rio
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“One of the highlights of my trip....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I really can't believe this place isn't jammed every night. It's the best Mexican food I've ever tasted.

The requisite salsa and chips were the first surprise. The salsa tasted like it was freshly made and contained green onion and fresh cilantro (along with traditional ingredients). The heat in the back of your throat builds up gradually as you devour more chips, so not overwhelmingly hot at first.

I had a margherita called (I believe) a Guayaba; silver tequila, orange liqueur, orange, pineapple, and guava juice. It came in a large goblet with a special pinkish salt on the rim, along with another full glass which I was told was the "backup". Really, really good and bargain at 6.95.

Out of curiosity, I ordered a soup made from zucchini and zucchini flowers, with rosemary. I was told it had no dairy. Good God - it's the best soup I've ever tasted in my life. It came out drizzled with a bit of chili oil and some fresh cilantro. It tasted buttery and simply unbelievable. You wouldn't believe it had no dairy!

The fahitas were nicely seasoned with a ton of fresh grilled onions, peppers, and mushrooms, served with sides of guacamole, rice, and beans. Of everything, the beans were the most "average" of everything I tried.

Reasonably priced, great service, and downright outstanding food and drink; what more could you ask?

• Visited April 2013

Bend, Oregon
“seafood enchiladas!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We live in bend and this is our third time back the place is very clean the service is friendly the prices are right we had lunch for two with only $13.00 in our third time we order the seafood enchiladas for dinner that lobsters cream sauce is very good i like it very much the drinks are big
you order a margarita and you get two glasses they give us a huckelberry infused tequila most the time i dont care for the rice but that night i have to take a side order home so good.
my wife order a seafood chile relleno and again the blueberry cream sauce very good she order a spicy margarita different i might need more citrus flavor but good you can see that everyone in there is a hard worker and l like that im not a fan writing stuff but after reading some of the other reviews i feel like doing it my experience was very good but really? people have time to write something bad about a place that open not too long ago we need places like rio i`ve gone to other restaurants in sisters that have been there for long and never come back
because of food and service.
but thats only what i think i also get complimentary dessert!!!
Keep it up Rio.

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Second chances”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We went shortly after they opened and were so impressed with their quality of service, freshness of food, presentation and atmosphere. A great mix of locals and Sister visitors. We went a second time to share it with some friends and it was so disappointing. Horrible service, lacked preparation consistency and we will not go the third round. We were so excited to gave a nice upscale restaurant in town. Oh we'll. NEXT!

• Visited March 2013
“Not your ordinary Mexican restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Woke up this morning and wanted an adventure. Perfect weather, headed towards the Cascades. Only made it to Sisters as my partner and I stopped at Rio. OMG! The restaurant is beautiful inside, but we decided to eat on the patio. Our server, Nola, was terrific. Knew the menu, the drinks, and super personable. Not intrusive in any way, but always there just when you needed her. I had the pork enchiladas with the zucchini/spinach mole and they were outstanding. Fresh,perfectly cooked. My partner had one chicken and one beef enchilada. She had the "green" mole like mine on one and the standard "brown" mole on the other. Both were delicious. Even the rice and refried beans were great. How many times do you take a doggie bag for that? The menu is not your standard fare. I will eat my way through their menu by ordering food I usually shy away from. That's how good this place is!

1 Thank Suzanne M
Eugene OR
“Presentation, Ambiance, Food - A Treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Located in the Five Pines Resort complex, this is one of our new favorite places to eat lunch or dinner! The food is just delectable.

Visited March 2013