“great lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Open Door Wine Bar

Open Door Wine Bar
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Sisters
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
OREGON
“great lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

A friend and I chose try the place for lunch. What a wonderful surprise. I have been in the gallery part several times to purchase art, but had never tried the cafe. My lunch of italian fish stew was excellent as was the pannini my friend had. Two glasses of Italian wines complimented our choices.
Dessert was an amazing chocolate mousse split by the two of us.

• Visited December 2013

Bend, Oregon
“Wonderful lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Great business lunch with a coworker. Needed some time away from the office to have a work meeting and chose Open Door.

The atmosphere was perfect. The restaurant was full and still was easy enough to hear each other speak. I can't wait to go back and have lunch with my husband on a cold snowy day after snowshoeing! I have visions of enjoying a bowl of soup and a nice glass of Merlot.

My co-worker had the warm beet salad and he said it was possibly the best he has ever had. I had the soup of the day, a white bean that had outstanding flavor. I only wish I could replicate it at home. The wait staff was excellent at describing meal options, giving tempting descriptions of each.

The restaurant has art throughout and is attached to an art gallery. It's worth the visit. Take some time to look at the art on the way out. Totally worth it!

• Visited December 2013
Redlands, California
“Great place for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were driving through Sisters and found this place on Yelp and thought we would give it a try. Part restaurant part wine bar part art show room. The food was a real surprise. My wife had the warm beet salad which is always a favorite of hers. It was the best salad she has ever had anywhere. We will be back.
We bought 2 beautiful coffee mugs. Very unique.

• Visited November 2013
Independence, Oregon
“thoughtful food, great service and a very nice romantic evening.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Service was excellent. The menu was simple and thoughtful. It is small, cozy and comfortable. We had a nice fall romantic evening dinner here. We will certainly be back again. Also good options if you are vegetarian or gluten free or a carnivore.

Visited November 2013
Sisters, Oregon, United States
“beauty of a small town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

The restaurant is absolutely beautiful with Art and bronze surrounding the dinning room. The wait staff is knowledgeable about the wines and best food parings~ To receive the service and personal time is what makes this small town so fabulous. Highly recommend to anyone traveling through Central Oregon!

• Visited October 2013