“My New Favorite”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Bend, Oregon
“My New Favorite”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Spent our 25th anniversary in Sisters and was told about The Porch from the front desk person at the gym. Wow! We had just eaten at Jen's Garden the night before and I was still impressed. The food was excellent! It's somewhat of a tapas style restaurant with some bigger plates on the menu. No pretense. Very cool and laid back. Prices are VERY reasonable when it comes to quality such as this.
The wife and I shared the Fried Chicken and Waffles with sauteed spinach and the Chicken Pot Pie. Total comfort food nirvana!!!The chicken and waffles with spinach blew my mind!! My only complaint was that I wanted more on my plate. The sauteed spinach was the best I ever had. For dessert, we had a homemade Ding Dong with raspberry coulis and whip cream. Another GREAT reason to visit Sisters!!

• Visited October 2013

Portland, oregon
“It doesn't get any better than this.”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

A real gem. Nice ambience in a renovated old home. Friendly and competent wait staff. Delicious food. Salad, mussels, steak tips, Moroccan style Brussels sprouts and lavender brûlée, iced tea, lemonade and coffee. This tapas for two-$42 without tip! Unbelievable. The best value of my life in a restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rcwilson
Terrebonne, Oregon
“Good food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great little place to get small bites of yummy food. There were four of us, so we tried five different things and shared tastes of all and then each got our own dessert. We left feeling comfortable. I think their speciality drinks were expensive considering the small glass they came in. I was very disappointed when our server brought our dessert. Two of us tried the ice cream, which, by the time she served it, was quite melted. She shouldn't have served it.

Visited July 2013
Sisters, Oregon
“Favorite Place”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We live in Sisters and whenever we have out of town guests we go to The Porch. And even when nobody is visiting we go to The Porch. Several times a month we go to The Porch and we have never had a bad meal. Lots of variety, though they usually only have 2 main courses. Order several of the plates to be shared and you are in for a treat. Filling out the rest of this form is silly because we go so often but 8/16/13 was the last time.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Diana F
Salem, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We overall we had came here based on the reviews and reading the menu on the web site, which looked really good. Even though it states that the menu changes frequently, I was still suprised that the menu at the venue was completly different. The DH got the lasagna which he really enjoyed, I got the scampi which was alright. Even though there was only one other couple in the place the food was really slow coming. Overall we had a good time, just not what I had expected.

• Visited August 2013