“Not horrible but not what I expected”
Review of The Porch

The Porch
Ranked #7 of 52 Restaurants in Sisters
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The food wasn't horrible but wasn't that good either. I went for Valentines Day and about half of the food we had was just so-so. The fish that I got was really good but the Risotto that my father got was both undercooked and hard and over cooked and slimy. Also our waitress wasn't that good. She got the orders correct but not to the correct people and she wasn't really that friendly or seemed to care that much. I probably won't be returning.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I love this place...going to take my Hubby on Valentines day...it will be so special....I hope everyone comes to sisters Oregon and has the same experiences....

1  Thank Kirsten C
Reviewed February 10, 2013

OMG!!! we had the best food and service last night... They were very accommodating and put up with us being loud.....I loved the Chicken and Waffle plate... Thank You so very much...

Kirsten

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Some of the best food I have ever had in my life! Very interesting food combinations. The food gave me some great dinner ideas. I went with my husband and my parents and we ate every morsel and almost licked our plates! Some of the food we ate included: smoked salmon, spanikopita, ribeye with cheese polenta, grilled pear salad, French fries with homemade tomato jam, chicken and waffles, sweet potato sticks with a cinnamon glaze, sweet pea fritters, Greek salad. The restaurant changes their menu every month since it is a tapas (small plates) type place. You will not be sorry you went! The chefs are mother and son and are very enthusiastic about creating new dishes and sharing them. Everyone must try this new place to support your local community.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We visited on a snowy December evening of our 40th Wedding Anniversary. We had eaten a lot during the day and didn't have a huge appetite and were happy to see they had small plates (Tapas) to share. We ordered the Wedge Salad, Enchilada Soup, Parmesan Fries, and the Braised Greens Spanakopeta (sp). All were perfect (don't ask for ketchup for the fries). We loved everything. The Home Made Ding Dong dessert was the perfect cap to our dinner.
Very friendly service. We look forward to visiting again.